Found Deceased FL - Donald Jackson, 35, St. Augustine, 6 March 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Donald Jackson
From%20sister%20Mandie%20Arnold%202_1457555655371_3169337_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Green Cove Springs man disappears after St. Augustine wedding

St. Augustine, Florida -
The St. Augustine Police Department has officially asked for help finding a man last seen Sunday, March 6 at a wedding in St. Augustine.

According to a police report, Jackson lives with his mother and sister and is not known to leave home for an extended period of time. His boss at Garber Auto Mall showed up at his home on Monday concerned that Jackson didn't show up for work.

The SAPD released a photo of Jackson from the wedding he reportedly attended at the River House on Marine Street. A wedding guest told authorities she had seen Jackson at the wedding Sunday night.

Jackson has not made any Facebook posts since March 5.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...sappears-after-st-augustine-wedding/153246805

Let me guess ......This wedding was near the water!

Of course it is its St Augustine!
Beautiful water.
Beautiful Place!

Hubby's first cousin is commenting on his aunt's face book page. I couldn't find an MSN link yesterday.

A friend told police he saw Jackson leave the wedding at 11 p.m. but didn’t know where he had gone. Police traced his cell phone to a tower ping on Monday, March 7 at just after 5 a.m. His cell phone also pinged around World Golf Village at 4:25 a.m. on Monday morning.

Jackson’s mother said he usually drives State Road 16 home.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...sappears-after-st-augustine-wedding/153246805

I can't seem to find a link to the 3:00 conference. I assume there is no live feed?

According to the press conference, the phone actually pinged near a bridge located 6 to 7 miles from where it last pinged an hour or so prior in the golf course area. He had been involved in a hit-and-run accident, where his vehicle hit. However, no one has seen Donald or the vehicle since ... :(.

Family says he's not a drug user (which is kind of an interesting they pointed that out so quickly) so my next thought would be: how much did he drink at the wedding?

Why would his boss go to the house to check on him instead of just calling?

Any other details from the news conference? How bad was the hit and run accident?

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/missing-green-cove-springs-man-was-involved-hit-an/nqhgM/

The other vehicle involved in the accident followed Jackson's vehicle on I-95 northbound until it exited at International Golf Parkway. Jackson's vehicle hasn't been seen since.

snipped:
ackson's father, Dwayne, believes foul play has to be involved because this is highly out of character for his son."This is not like my son, he doesn't just disappear," Dwayne Jackson said. "We just want to find our son. That's all we want."

All by https://twitter.com/ActionNewsJax?ref_src=twsrc^tfw:

"Between 10:40 - 11 p.m. (on Sun., Mar. 6) he went missing. No one saw Donald Jackson get into his vehicle and leave but they think he did get (sic) leave in it"

"River City Search and Rescue working with St. Aug police and family to try to find him"

"Donald Jackson likely in 1999 Isuzu Rodeo. Custom wheels, chrome tint. FL tag 77700ik"

"Donald Jackson's vehicle was involved in an accident at Four Mile Road, SR 16 at 11:45 p.m. Sun. night. Hit and run. Individual followed him"

"St. Aug PD determined 4:30 a.m. (on Mon., Mar. 7) his car was near I-95 Intl Golf Parkway. Later pinged at head of Shands Bridge on SJC (by this, I think they mean St. Johns County, where St. Augustine is located; in other words, opposite side of the bridge from Green Cove Springs, where Donald lives) side." (car or phone?)

"Asking businesses with surveillance to look for vehicle or him. Anybody within 6 miles of intersection of SR 13, 16 and near Intl Golf Pkwy"

"Crews need starting point to start searching. Coming to public to try to locate where Donald Jackson was last seen. Call St. Aug PD 825-1070"

"Person that was hit followed Jackson's car to I-95N to Intl Golf Pkwy exit. Not sure where it went after that. Not sure Jackson was driving"

"River City Search and Rescue searched for vehicle for 7 hours near cell phone ping. Unable to locate it"

"Donald's father says it's looking like accident. Don't care about his car just want to find him. Says his son wouldn't just disappear"

I need to find another source: From the above, it is still unclear to me where and when Donald's car was last confirmed to have been seen ("at Four Mile Road, SR 16 at 11:45 p.m. Sun. night" vs. "near cell phone ping" = "at head of Shands Bridge on SJC side"). This is just my personal opinion, but it is more likely that after the accident, or more precisely, after the driver of the other car followed Donald to the Intl Golf Pkwy exit, Donald ditched the car somewhere between that location and the bridge, where his cell phone pinged Monday morning. My only hope is that he is hiding out somewhere close-by ....

Police to hold news conference about missing man
Police seek help finding 35-year-old last seen at wedding in St. Augustine

The St. Augustine Police Department said it will hold a news conference at 3 p.m. Thursday about a man reported missing this week.

Donald Jackson, 35, was last seen at 10:40 p.m. Sunday at a wedding in St. Augustine at the River House on Marine Street.

12373217_1096871573678650_4136167067077059329_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/donald.jackson.5876

Police have asked for the community's help to find Jackson, who was believed to be driving home to Green Cove Springs when he apparently disappeared.

Jackson drives a 1999 black Isuzu Rodeo with Florida tag 7700IK.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/st-augustine/police-man-reported-missing-after-wedding_

"Donald Jackson's vehicle was involved in an accident at Four Mile Road, SR 16 at 11:45 p.m. Sun. night. Hit and run. Individual followed him"

Followed him where?

Followed him. But not for long.
I'm thinking he had a couple of drinks and was not ok to drive. Got into the accident and freaked out. I just hope he didn't make a permanent solution for this incident.

I'm thinking he had a couple of drinks and was not ok to drive. Got into the accident and freaked out. I just hope he didn't make a permanent solution for this incident.

Why didn't the person call the cops?

I hope he isn't off the road in a canal or something like that/

Why didn't the person call the cops?

Good question. Perhaps s/he had had a couple of drinks as well. Or maybe the person called the police at the time, but they didn't connect the hit-and-run to Donald's missing person's case until today. Nonetheless, I hope that the police have taken a close look at this individual.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back