1133 users online (215 members and 918 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry FL- Pro Gun Florida Woman shot in the back by 4 yr. old son

On Monday, Jacksonville woman Jamie Gilt got into yet another argument with a (snipped) on her Facebook page, Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense. “Even my 4 year old gets jacked up to target shoot with the .22,” Gilt wrote.

On Tuesday, Gilt’s 4-year-old shot her in the back while she was driving, according to a report from Jacksonville’s NBC affiliate. More at link:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...r-old-son.html

I'm sad for the child. As for the "mother"....

Guessing there's a job opening for a new pro gun poster gal?

Lmao.

Ack, she'll be up and at em' ASAP. She won't be able to bear losing face, I'm sure. (Or should I say "losing back....) Unfortunately these negligent parent/gun owners tend to double down even in the face of overwhelming evidence that you put yourself and your family at great risk by having a firearm in the home. (Or in the car, apparently...SMH) Much like anti-vaxxers, you just can't reason with them.

Chuckles at the similar incident in Michigan on 20 Feb 2016 where a 3 year-old shot his mother in the head while the family was on an outing in the car. Good ol' positive thinking dad said 'it was a total accident' and that his wife was 'back to work in a few days'.

Well thank goodness she was able to go back to work in only a few days.

But I always lock my guns(s) safely away - except this one time. Fools imo.

If only the mom had been carrying a gun as well, she would have been able to have defended herself.

"Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense"? Ok....

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    Guessing there's a job opening for a new pro gun poster gal?

Lmao.
    LMAO, you're mean!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

She sounds like she's already brain dead.. Idiots with guns sometimes get what they so justly deserve. It's almost what I'd call poetic justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    LMAO, you're mean!
    Survival of the fittest - putting a gun in the hands of a child, while you're not looking, spells high potential for non-survival to me.

She should be charged with negligence. That child should never have had access to the gun.

Gilt had previously written on social media about her defense of guns.

"My right to protect my child with my gun trumps your fear of my gun," she declared in a Feb. 13 post.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2558180

It's just by sheer luck that her child shot her and not himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2558180

It's just by sheer luck that her child shot her and not himself.
    Or another innocent party on the highway.

I notice that in the comments section on many of the articles written about this, there is a faction of posters who continue to insist that "this was an accident, nothing more. Nothing to see here, move along." Completely discounting the negligence involved.

An "accident" is holding your child's hand as you cross the street, and he nevertheless trips, falls down, and skins his knee. It's not simply an "accident" when a loaded gun is left accessible to a small child.

I saw this in several online articles yesterday. Haha- gun "sense". Karma is what I call it. Apparently the toddle wasn't restrained in the back seat of her vehicle, and neither was the gun. She's lucky the little gunslinger/terrorist didn't aim for the head or keep shooting! She claimed only hours earlier that he was "jacked up" about target practice!!!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

It seems to me that there is a cultural shift going on where no one ever wants to admit they are wrong. I'm betting that this lady will go to her grave saying she didn't do anything wrong or that her beliefs regarding gun ownership remain unchanged. Just an "unfortunate" accident befell her, etc., etc.

Or maybe, she'll have a change of heart. I saw a show by John Stossel, who had worked for 20/20, on teaching gun safety to kids. Basically the upshot is, it doesn't work. Children don't have the capacity to understand the magnitude of the damage a gun can do. Their brains just don't get it. So they had these parents who were gun advocates, and were certain they had taught their kids gun safety and were confident their kids were VERY responsible with guns. Guess what, not so much. Those kids, when introduced to situations where they accidentally discovered a "gun" (not real) were very likely to shoot each other or themselves. All this the parents watched on video, in complete horror.

In the next segment John Stossel had kids learn "stranger danger" through a series of educational classes and parent taught lessons. Guess what. Not so much. The next week, when videotaped, the kids were as likely to be lured away by a "stranger" on video tape than any other child.

The upshot is, you can't teach children gun safety or stranger danger. They don't get it. You have to protect them from the possibility of picking up a gun.

In both cases, the parents completely learned you can't teach a kid this stuff and then turn your back satisfied they learned it. So maybe this woman will also change.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast