997 users online (133 members and 864 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

I love the penguin like its my own child: Dindim swims over 8000km a year to return

INCREDIBLE photos show the heartwarming friendship between a penguin and the Brazilian pensioner who saved his life four years ago.
    Joao Pereira de Souza, 71, found a South American Magellanic penguin covered in oil on an island off the Rio de Janeiro coast.

The retired bricklayer nursed the penguin who he named Dindim back to health, taking a week to get the sticky black residue from the birds feathers.

Once Dindim was well again, Mr de Souza released him back into the wild, expecting his new feathered friend never to return.
    But a few months later, to Mr de Souzas amazement, Dindim returned to the beach where he was found and recognised his former carer and returned home with him.

Pictures and more
    http://www.news.com.au/technology/sc...56ebb063fd42fd
    Trust Your Instincts

Awesome.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Incredibly heartwarming. Thanks for posting!
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

this is just awesome.

think about how dindim has to make that trip of 5,000 miles over and over again, seemingly alone and has to look out for lots of predators.....and yet when he gets back 'home' he seems by his affection for his friend to be more worried about his friends mortality then his own.