FL FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993

He is currently being held at the Federal Prison in Terre Haute, Indiana also known as the (Federal Death House) This is where Timothy McVeigh was excuted.

Keith Dwayne Nelson
Federal Inmate Registration Number: 07440-031

The victims of Keith Nelson

Jennifer Renee Odom - Blanton, Florida
Jodi Sue Huisentruit - Mason City, Iowa
Julie Ann Holmquist - Hallock, Minnesota
Pamela Butler - Kansas City, Kansas (Last Victim)

Attached is Photograph of Keith Dwayne Nelson, he had relatives living in Florida at the time. Are you related?

Jennifer's Letterman's style Jacket, Red Sweater, and her Bundy clarinet serial number 622747 is evidence and is filed at their crime lab.

The KBI Kansas Bureau of Investigation 1-800-572-7463.They have the phone numbers for BOTH the crime lab and the Vehicle Impound Garage. The crime lab also has a two charm necklace, actually three. One broke off and was found in the back of the van.

Attached are the four victims in the order they were murdered, notice anything strange?

If you have any questions, just ask.

Sincerely,
James L. McIntyre
aandjmac@mchsi.com

I received this info and found him on Death row in Indiana But i can not found anything limking him to any of the other murders except Pamela Butler
I am so new to this can everyone help me with this
Jennifer case remains unsolved so I don't see where this person thinks he is the one
wouldn't they update her site?

No not related this case has just always bother me. Why it is still unsolved according to Florida web sites. Is it a for sure thing that he killed Jennifer? Thanks for your response

I am really sick and tired of this kind of thing happening
I belong to websluething and we are planning a rally for each state would you be interested if we can make it happen.
Any more info you may have please let me know. Did they find her clothing on him. He looks so young. How did they connect Jennifer to him? Yes what is strange is they all look somewhat alike is that what you mean? Yes, a former girlfriend who rejected him, he hated her so much that he killed ANYONE who looked like her!
Thanks again
Jennifer's jacket, with Jenny above pocket. Bundy clarinet serial number 622747 blonged to older sister. Her favorite Red acrylic sweater now Orange, all found in or near van. Clarinet was found in Kansas City, Kansas pawn shop with his fingerprint on it! broken charm from her necklace found in back of this van. Fell out of van when it was at Impound Garage. Police are clueless, they don't know he is her killer. Florida police don't know who he is, let alone know that he has been captured and imprisoned the last five years! CRIME NET IS SUPPOSED TO BE UP AND RUNNING SOON. I'll believe it when I see it.

McIntyre

CAN THIS BE TRUE THAT FLORIDA POLICE DO NOT KNOW THIS? SHOULD I CONTACT THEM I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW OR IF I SHOULD DO THIS. I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD BELIEVE THIS PERSON
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME

Did write to Hernado county and this is their response
This is not true. We have tried to tell this to him many times but he refuses to listen. Although I cant release details, I can tell you the clarinet was located at a dump site in our county several years ago and remains in our evidence room. She was also wearing a hooters jacket that did not have her name on it. This individual has been warned in the past to quit spreading untruths and giving families false hope. However, as you can see, he would rather spread facts that he knows are not true instead of spending his time finding the truth. Thank-you for your concerns.

I thought I read that LE has DNA. I wonder if they ever check it in the national database for a match. A man who could commit this type of crime is likely to re-offend. This makes me think of Duncan.

Usher737 said:
I thought I read that LE has DNA. I wonder if they ever check it in the national database for a match. A man who could commit this type of crime is likely to re-offend. This makes me think of Duncan.
Wow is there anyway to go about finding this out or suggesting they do run a match. I know I really thought it was Joseph Smith he was all around this area and he even was caught for an attempted kidnapping around hernando county. Let me know if there is anyway to check it out.

The Facts in the murder(s) committed by Keith Dwayne Nelson. Stalker and Serial Killer!

Victims

Victim One: Jennifer Renee Odom of Blanton, Florida
Items still missing include: Girl's Letterman style jacket with Jenny above pocket written in magic marker. Gator emblem on jacket. Red Sweater now the color of Orange/rust. Red sweater had gold metallic highlights stapled into sweater. Orange/rust colored sweater has the SAME gold mettalic hightlights! Scuffed up BUNDY clarinet with serial number 622747 found in Kansas City, Kansas pawn shop. serial number MATCHES BUNDY clarinet with serial number 622747 still missing from Florida murder and it was scuffed up because CLARINET CASE AND ONLY THE CASE WAS FOUND IN FLORIDA LANDFILL! Clarinet case had name of former owner engraved on clarinet case. Former owner was Leslie Odom whose name was on the OUTSIDE and Jennifer was on the INSIDE! Leslie Odom was the older sister of Jennifer.
Two rings and a TWO CHARM necklace was found on body. The necklace was a THREE CHARM necklace! Broken gold charm found in back of white Ford Econoline van when van was taken to Kansas Crime Lab. Broken charm fell out of van when doors to van opened!
HOOTERS JACKET BELONGED TO PETITE NEIGHBOR OF JENNIFER'S WHO WAS MISTAKEN FOR JENNIFER BY UNRELIABLE WITNESS. ALL THIS MISTAKE DID WAS UPSET JENNIFER'S MOTHER AND COST ME EIGHT MONTHS OF INVESTIGATION WORK!

Victim Two: Jodi Sue Huisentruit of Mason City, Iowa
Items still missing include: Woman's purse, Gold ring with Diamonds (chips) Dark Brown women's slacks, matching dark brown vest, white blouse with ruffles on cuffs and ruffles along buttons on front of blouse. Remains of Jodi Huisentruit still missing. REMAINS OF JODI SUE HUISENTRUIT IN MINNESOTA! Last written personal check still written by Jodi's hand found in Minnesota convenience store. Store Manager identified Jodi Huisentruit with strange young man. Partial palm print found on Red Miata, partial palm print will match Keith Nelson's palm print if and when COMPARED with Nelson's! Pants and vest and blouse were covered with slits caused by knife blade and clothing was also covered in dark brown stains thought to be blood stains. Jodi was given gold ring covered in tiny diamonds (chips) by family or friends years ago. MATCHES one found by Kansas Authorities. white Ford Econoline van was found and has been in THE STATE OF KANSAS IMPOUND FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS! STATE OF KANSAS IMPOUND GARAGE, NOT KANSAS CITY, KANSAS IMPOUND GARAGE. JODI'S PERSONAL CHECKBOOK FROM MASON CITY, IOWA ACCOUNT FOUND ON A MINNESOTA ROAD TORN IN HALF. TWO CHECKS KILLER TRIED TO FORGE FOUND EARLIER A HALF MILE AWAY. NELSON'S HANDWRITING AND FINGERPRINTS WILL MATCH THOSE FOUND ON CHECKS AND CHECKBOOK!

Victim Three: Julie Ann Holmquist of Hallock, Minnesota
Items still missing include: Dark Navy blue jogging shorts, Red T-shirt styled blouse both bought by Clarice Holmquist at local Wal-Mart near Hallock, Minnesota for daughter, Julie. Boy's Class Ring hanging from chain given to Julie by boyfriend who would like his class ring back since it was very expensive, over 200 dollars at the time! Julie had been raped (assumed) and had been repeatedly stabbed to death (Fact). Fragment of knife blade found embedded in rib bone of the skeletal remains of Julie Ann Holmquist. Knife found in white mid-1980's Ford Econoline van. Nelson identified by at least three witnesses! Knife blade was chipped, a fragment was missing from blade. Missing fragment will MATCH when Minnesota and Kansas authorites compare notes! Boy's Class Ring found hanging on chain found hanging from rear view mirror of van! High School of boyfriend MATCHES High School found ingraved on High School ring. It also says MINNESOTA on it! Birthstone MATCHES birthstone of boyfriend of Julie Ann Holmquist!

Footnote: Curtiss Dale Cedergren FALSELY ACCUSED IN RAPE AND MURDER OF JULIE ANN HOLMQUIST IS AND WAS COMPLETELY INNOCENT! CURTISS DALE CEDERGREN AND HIS BRIDE, KELLY ANNE CEDERGREN WERE ON THEIR HONEYMOON IN CANADA WHEN THE GIRL WAS KIDNAPPED! A CANADIAN POLITICIAN WAS MEETING AND GREETING HIS FELLOW CANADIANS WHEN HE MET THE HAPPY COUPLE! A LOCAL CANADIAN NEWSPAPER EVEN COVERED THE HAPPY OCCASION AND CURTISS DALE CEDERGREN'S WIDOW HAS A COPY OF THIS VERY NEWSPAPER! THE MEETING WAS EVEN PHOTOGRAPHED AND SAID PHOTOGRAPH CAN CLEARLY BE SEEN ON PAGE THREE! THE WIDOW CAN VERIFY THIS AS I HAVE SEEN THIS VERY NEWSPAPER INCLUDING THE DATE! CURTISS DALE CEDERGREN WAS ALREADY CLEARED BY THE LOCAL HALLOCK, MINNESOTA POLICE DEPARTMENT 72 HOURS AFTER THEY ACCUSED HIM. THEY CLEARED HIM WHEN THEY CAME UP AGAINST THE VERY SAME EVIDENCE I HAVE JUST MENTIONED!
STEVE HAGENAH WAS SUPPOSED TO DO CHEMICAL ANALYSIS ON CERTAIN ITEMS AND ON CEDERGREN'S CAR WHICH YIELDED NOTHING!

Victim Four: Kansas area waitress (suburb of Kansas City, Kansas)
Items still missing: One 10 inch Kitchen knife with black handle.
Kansas waitress was seen talking to an intense young man, the morning she was last seen alive. A few days later she was found dead in her living room. she was found nude, she had been raped. Her clothing had been found scattered about near the body. She had bled to death, a droplet of her killer's blood had been found in the blood pool found under her body! His (Nelson's) spermatooza DNA will match the rapist's! He left bloody fingerprints in her kitchen and on a pizza box. He had cut himself with this knife during the murder! This knife was found in Nelson's van! Also found on this knife was the blood DNA of . . .

Victim Five: Michanne Mattson of Kansas City, Kansas
Items still missing: none! Except for a drop of her blood from a cut on her neck during the attempted kidnapping which failed! Neighbors identified Nelson as her assailant when he was captured a few days later.

Victim Six: Pamela Butler of Kansas City, Kansas (Last Victim)
Items still missing: none! Butler's clothing found next to body. Pamela Butler had been strangled with stereo speaker wire. break in wire MATCHED remaining speaker wire found in white Ford Econoline Van! Kansas plates traced back to Keith Dwayne Nelson. Stereo Money was spent in Hallock, Minnesota Tire Store for NEW Van/Light Truck Tires. OLD Van/Light Truck Tires were traced to abduction scene of Julie Ann Holmquist! Van tires were found burning on edge of farmer's field. Enough tire tread was saved to confirm tires were from van. Ford Econoline van was seen by FIVE WITNESSES the night Julie Ann Holmquist was kidnapped! Spermatooza DNA was found in panties of Pamela Butler was MATCHED to Nelson! NELSON CONFESSES TO MURDER OF PAMELA BUTLER DURING HIS TRIAL. HE IS CONVICTED AND IS SENTENCED TO DIE BY LETHAL INJECTION AT A TIME NOT YET DETERMINED.

Keith Dwayne Nelson
Sex: Male Race: Caucasian Age: 30 years old.
Federal Inmate Number: 07440-031
Terre Haute FCI (Federal Death House)
Death Sentence (Pamela Butler Murder)

NONE OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENTS OF ANY STATE KNOWS OF THE OTHER MURDERS! KANSAS AUTHORITIES SUSPECT THERE ARE OTHER MURDERS BUT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT ITEMS BELONG TO WHAT VICTIMS. I HAVE EXPLAINED THAT HERE IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS IN THE HOPE THAT SOMEONE WILL FINALLY SEE THE LIGHT! I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS CASE FOR FOUR YEARS AND I HAVE NOT MADE A SINGLE MISTAKE IN THIS CASE! THE POLICE HAVE MADE SEVERAL AND I HOPE THEY WILL FINALLY SEE THIS CASE FOR WHAT IT IS AND WILL FINALLY CONCLUDE IT AS SOLVED! DNA WILL ONLY BE COMPARED TO ALL OF THE VICTIMS LISTED HERE WHEN AND IF THE POLICE BECOME AWARE OF THE OBVIOUS. THAT KEITH DWAYNE NELSON IS A MULTIPLE SERIAL KILLER. ALL THE VICTIMS LOOK LIKE A WOULD BE GIRLFRIEND WHO REJECTED HIM DURING THE THROES OF PUBERTY, MOST LIKELY JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL. HE WAS SUFFERING FROM THE "TED BUNDY" SYNDROME. I WOULD POST THE VICTIMS PHOTOGRAPHS HERE AND YOU COULD SEE FOR YOURSELF, BUT YOU HAVE NO PLACE TO POST THEM. ANY YOUNG WOMAN OR GIRL WHO LOOKED LIKED HIS BELOVED WAS DOOMED TO DIE A RATHER UNPLEASANT DEATH.
:behindbar

http://www.hernandotoday.com/news/MGB8K7D1ZJE.html

Cold case assignment: Jennifer Renee Odom
By CHRISTI STEVENS cstevens@hernandotoday.com
Published: Feb 21, 2006

BROOKSVILLE — Who knows what Jennifer Odom would be like today.

She would be 25 years old now and might have a family of her own. Maybe she would have graduated from college and started an exciting career. Perhaps she would be traveling the world.

Thirteen years ago her future seemed as bright as the sun. That was until someone snuffed out that light and left her Pasco County family with more grief than time can heal.

But on Tuesday, they publicly shared their pain when they spoke to the media about Jennifer’s murder and what life has been like knowing her killer was still out there somewhere.

The family’s statements were part of a media blitz organized by the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office with the hope of stirring new leads in the cold case.

Sunday was the 13-year anniversary of Jennifer’s death. In that time, a task force organized to find her killer has checked out more than 6,000 leads, but none led to the killer.

Jennifer was 12 when she disappeared Feb. 19, 1993, after getting off her school bus just 200 yards from her family’s home in St. Joseph near Dade City. Then on Feb. 25, 2003, her body was found by a couple strolling by a pine forest along Powell Road in Hernando County.

Almost immediately, authorities were searching for a blue pickup truck that children on the school bus saw in the area of Jennifer’s disappearance, but even those accounts were conflicting. So was every other lead.

Detectives never revealed the cause of Jennifer’s death.

Sheriff Richard Nugent started off Tuesday’s news conference and said, “Recent events have placed this investigation as a top priority for law enforcement.”

The Federal Bureau of Investigation recently joined the task force and sent people from its Behavior Analysis Unit to put some fresh eyes on an old case.

Sheriff’s Capt. Mike Maurer, who is in charge of the major crimes unit, did most of the talking at Tuesday’s news conference. He showed a short video full of photos from Jennifer’s short life.

He said the task force has a renewed intensity thanks to the FBI, which helped local authorities narrow down a list of suspects and come up with a profile for the killer.

“We have focused our investigation on a smaller group of persons of interest,” Maurer said. Physical evidence collected in the case has been sent to the FBI to be tested again because of all the recent advancements in forensic science.

Maurer said the task force is hoping someone with information about Jennifer’s killer will come forward, particularly now that so much time has passed.

“She was a young girl that was tragically murdered and she shouldn’t have been a victim at all,” he said. “And somebody knows something.”

Dressed in a smart business suit, Jennifer’s mother, Reneé Converse, walked to the podium at the sheriff’s office Tuesday and took a deep breath. As soon as she began to speak, her voice cracked and she started to fight back tears.

“Nothing will bring her back, but anything we can do to bring us closer to a resolution would be wonderful,” she said.

Clark Converse, Jennifer’s stepfather, joined his wife and made a public plea for anyone with information in the case to contact the task force.

Maurer said the task force has a new hotline and there’s a new Web site on the case at www.hernandosheriff.org/jennifer.

He said investigators are hoping that someone will know about some items last seen with Jennifer, but were not found with her body. Those items include a white, hooded Hooters sweatshirt, a brown and yellow purse and black boots.

“There are still pieces of the puzzle that are missing,” Maurer said.

Mr. Converse said finding Jennifer’s killer will bring the family a little peace and ensure there are no more press conferences in the future.

“If we don’t have to go through this part of it for the rest of our lives, it will be a blessing,” he said.

His wife added, “Maybe we’ll save another child.”

Michelle Sample, Jennifer’s friend and the last person to see her alive when she got off the bus that day, was there Tuesday and recalled the sadness she has felt ever since.

She never imagined she was waving goodbye to her friend for the last time, she said.

Now she holds her own son a little tighter. She said she still thinks of Jennifer every day.

“I have a child now and I think about him a lot, about everything that happened and keeping him safe,” she said. “It’s scary to think that this person is still out there.”

Reporter Christi Stevens can be contacted at (352) 544-5271.

“We have focused our investigation on a smaller group of persons of interest,” Maurer said. Physical evidence collected in the case has been sent to the FBI to be tested again because of all the recent advancements in forensic science.

I wonder if this was actually done. I find it hard to believe no hits came up in the database.

This is truly a tragic case. It just breaks your heart. Following is her info on the Florida Dept of LE website (all info should be attributed to this source):

odom_jr.jpg
VICTIM: Jennifer Renee Odom
White Female, Born 8/25/80

On Friday, February 19, 1993, Jennifer stepped off her school bus around 3 p.m., waved goodbye to friends, and started walking the short 200 yards to her home in rural Pasco County, FL. Children on the bus reported they saw a faded blue pickup truck slowly following Jennifer as she walked home, but Jennifer never made it to her door.

During the next days, law enforcement, equipped with police dogs, and hundreds of volunteers scoured 60 square miles of rolling groves, pastures and woods surrounding the tiny Pasco town of Dade City, FL.

On Thursday, February 25, 1993, a man and a woman searching an abandoned orange grove in southeast Hernando County, FL, found Jennifer. Jennifer was nude, left wearing only two rings and a gold necklace with two charms. Jennifer's clothes, including the red sweater and Hooters jacket, have not been found. According to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office, Jennifer was killed, probably shortly after she was kidnapped, from a blow to the head.

Approximately two years later on Thursday, January 5, 1995, a couple hunting for scrap metal in a rural area of Hernando County discovered Jennifer's missing bookbag and clarinet case. The bag and case were found in heavy brush near a dirt road 12 miles west of the area where Jennifer's body was located in 1993 and approximately 20 miles from her home in Pasco County.

Suspect vehicle is a mid to full size, older model pick-up truck, medium to dark blue (faded) in color, with pipes and/or ladders in back, rectangular side mirrors, trailer hitch with wires hanging, and silver bumber in back (not chrome).

odom_alt1.jpg
odom_alt2.jpg
odom_alt3.jpg
odom_alt4.jpg

Jennifer was last seen wearing a white zip-up "Hooters" sweat jacket with orange lettering on left sleeve, a red long sleeve pullover sweater possibly cashmere or angora, a white turtleneck shirt, white denim pants, black lace-up boots and carrying a teal blue backpack, tan/brown purse and a black Bundy clarinet, Serial #622747, in a dark grey case. The dark grey case had the name "Leslie Odom" on the outside and the name "Jennifer" on the inside.

For additional information, please visit the Hernando County Sheriff's Office Website:

*bump for Jennifer*

Has anything new ever come of this case in the past few years??

Being from the Tampa Bay area, and having 3 daughters around the same age at the time it really bothered me that they never caught the that did this.

Thank you for bumping this, Mr. T. I live very near where this happened, although not at the time of her murder. I didn't know there was a thread on Jennifer. I had an opportunity to hear one of the detectives speak at Hernando sheriff's office and he showed us a picture of the room they keep the files in on her case. It is filled, with thousands of binders, from floor to ceiling, I kid you not. They still get tips on this case. I hope someday she will get justice. I always say, there is someone out there that knows something, it just takes time for the right person to get up the nerve to call in that tip. I found the last link of your "bump" very interesting.

Thank you for bumping this, Mr. T. I live very near where this happened, although not at the time of her murder. I didn't know there was a thread on Jennifer. I had an opportunity to hear one of the detectives speak at Hernando sheriff's office and he showed us a picture of the room they keep the files in on her case. It is filled, with thousands of binders, from floor to ceiling, I kid you not. They still get tips on this case. I hope someday she will get justice. I always say, there is someone out there that knows something, it just takes time for the right person to get up the nerve to call in that tip. I found the last link of your "bump" very interesting.

If you can link any information from LE about the investigation that would be wonderful. Especially any visual aids you may know about.

I will see what I can do. I was surprised to read that NM worked this case. I didn't know Hernando was so open to this. I am happy she was able to give them some insight, if you know what I mean. I moved here in 2000 and had only read what was on the Sheriff's office site. Hernando has a really good LE team. I was really impressed with how large and up to date they are. I had no idea we had our own Forensic unit and swat team. They just recently solved a double murder case this year that was IIRC around 8 yrs old. So I have faith she will get justice one day.

There are lots of articles over the years on the net, but here is a timeline over the past 9 years.

Jennifer Odom timeline
FEB. 19, 1993: 12-year-old Jennifer Odom steps off the school bus, about 200 yards from her St. Joseph home in east Pasco County.
FEB. 25, 1993: A Brooksville couple discover Jennifer's body along a Spring Lake horse trail in a southeast Hernando County orange grove. Authorities say she died from a head trauma.
DEC. 2, 1994: Jennifer's case is featured on the NBC television show Unsolved Mysteries. Viewers call in with more than 50 tips.
JAN. 5, 1995: A couple hunting for scrap metal find Jennifer's book bag and clarinet case in a rural area in Hernando County, about 12 miles from where her body was found.
JULY 14, 1995: The FBI finds a fingerprint inside Jennifer's book bag. Authorities later say the fingerprint does not belong to Jennifer, her family or the couple who discovered the bag. They find no matches with fingerprints in state and federal criminal databases.
OCT. 2, 1997: Sharra Ferger, a 9-year-old girl, is taken from her Blanton home and stabbed to death. The case evokes memories of Jennifer's death, but authorities believe they are unconnected.
JULY 21, 1998: Police detain a Maine woodsman, Walter Ducharme, for questioning about Jennifer's death.
NOV. 18, 1998: After hearing two days of testimony, a Brooksville grand jury decides not to indict Ducharme in Jennifer's murder.
DEC. 3, 1998: Acting on a tip, a team of forensic technicians searches a Brooksville mobile home for clues in the Odom case.
DEC. 21, 1998: A sheriff's dive team spends five hours searching a large pond near the site where Jennifer's book bag and clarinet case had been found. A man said he found a bag with some papers and a videotape inside, but threw the bag back into the pond before realizing it might pertain to the Odom case. Divers can't find it.
2001: Hernando County's newly formed cold case unit picks up the Odom investigation.
JULY 3, 2002: Richard Evonitz, a man wanted for kidnapping and raping a South Carolina girl, kills himself as Sarasota police officers close in. Hernando detectives evaluate him as a possible suspect in the Odom case, but later rule him out.
-- Source: Times files

Did write to Hernado county and this is their response
This is not true. We have tried to tell this to him many times but he refuses to listen. Although I cant release details, I can tell you the clarinet was located at a dump site in our county several years ago and remains in our evidence room. She was also wearing a hooters jacket that did not have her name on it. This individual has been warned in the past to quit spreading untruths and giving families false hope. However, as you can see, he would rather spread facts that he knows are not true instead of spending his time finding the truth. Thank-you for your concerns.

Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:58 PM
To: unsolved
Subject: Internet Request

BMM AND UNDERLINED

I would think that if that clarinet was thrown into a dump site, it had to be near or around the date they found it. The email is 2005 so it was found around 2003. It had to be put there fairly recently (within a few yrs) if someone looking for scrap metal could find it near the top of the pile, or even dig down to where it was. I am thinking the crime is now 10 yrs old so if the dump site is used often it would be buried way further down unless it was off to the side, but even so, I don't think it would be sitting so near the top that it could be found easily. JMO.

I also see that in the time line, that the prints were found in 1995 on the case, so that would have helped rule out the two individuals mentioned in the above time line. I know both are dead, WD died in 2008 if I found the correct person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back