Cold Case Center website

Stacy Horn said:
Hey! I've been working like a dog putting together a list of cold case squads and associations! (I know this is tooting my own horn, but still.)

www.therestlesssleep.com
lol, there is plenty of room on the web for more than one site.

Stacy Horn said:
Hey! I've been working like a dog putting together a list of cold case squads and associations! (I know this is tooting my own horn, but still.)

www.therestlesssleep.com
Don't worry, Stacy, we still like you best.:angel: :angel: :angel:

ROFL, Stacey-now you can check out this site, and snag any of them you don't have. :laugh:

Shadow205 said:
Came across this web site today. It has some pretty good information including a state by state listings of differents agencies cold case links

http://www.coldcasecenter.com/

I can already tell I'll be addicted to that site too! Thanks! :)

Just went back and looked at the other one, therestlesssleep.com - will be addicted there as well!

Ha! Thank you everyone. Sometimes I feel like I'm in over my head with my site. I just feel this tremendous responsibility when the family and friends of murder victims contact me. I dread saying something that will cause more pain. I don't know people in law enforcement do it ALL THE TIME, without, I don't know, getting ulcers or something.

Stacy Horn said:
Ha! Thank you everyone. Sometimes I feel like I'm in over my head with my site. I just feel this tremendous responsibility when the family and friends of murder victims contact me. I dread saying something that will cause more pain. I don't know people in law enforcement do it ALL THE TIME, without, I don't know, getting ulcers or something.
Stacy, sometimes we get ulcers too! lol

Thank you Shadow,
I am so happy Jody Miller was just yesterday added to LVMPD Cold Case Corner. After contacting Ret. Hom. Det. Kevin Manning and pretty much begging. He ask me to give him a week or so but it was done in two days.
He now works part time on the cold cases.

Manning remembered the case & even thinks there is another one related to it in Las Vegas. Maybe there is a serial killer still out there. I am trying to get more information because maybe there are other cases in other states to be compared to.

Her case has been unsolved for 35 years now. She was just 13 years old when murdered.

I spent all day contacting the media in Las Vegas hoping one might do a story on her case since next month is the 35th year of her murder.

Sly

Here's another good resource for trying to find if someone who is missing in California has already been found (deceased) but LE didn't know how to contact next-of-kin. I put Rose Cole's name into their search engine, but it didn't show she had been located.

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]OVERVIEW OF WEB SITE[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The purpose of this web site is to provide information to the public regarding a deceased loved one for whom next of kin has never been located. Coroner’s Departments, Medical Examiner’s offices and Sheriff’s departments throughout the United States oftentimes conduct an investigation for which a deceased persons identity is known, however due to various reasons, family member(s) could not be located. The respective investigative agency may utilize resources such as a local newspaper to attempt to locate family. When all effort to find family is exhausted, the deceased loved one is generally buried or cremated at the expense of the respective governmental agency. It is our sincere hope that this web site will assist family and friends in locating a lost loved one providing information and closure.[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The function of this web site is quite simple. You may search by the person’s last name and first name; by county or you may view all names in the database. If you locate the name of a person in which you would like additional information, simply click on the persons underlined name and another screen will appear with full information including the responsible governmental agency. Simply call the phone number on that screen and refer to their case number.[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]This web site is maintained by the San Bernardino County Coroner’s Department is provided free as a public service to all Coroner’s Departments, Medical Examiners Offices and Sheriff’s Departments responsible for such related duties.[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]ANY AGENCY WISHING TO INPUT DATA INTO THIS SYSTEM IS REQUESTED TO E-MAIL INSPECTOR RANDY EMON AT: REMON@COR.CO.SAN-BERNARDINO.CA.USOR TELEPHONE HIM AT (909) 387-2981.[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]BRIAN McCORMICK[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Public Administrator/Coroner[/font]
http://www.unclaimedpersons.com/

SLY said:
Thank you Shadow,
I am so happy Jody Miller was just yesterday added to LVMPD Cold Case Corner. After contacting Ret. Hom. Det. Kevin Manning and pretty much begging. He ask me to give him a week or so but it was done in two days.
He now works part time on the cold cases.

Manning remembered the case & even thinks there is another one related to it in Las Vegas. Maybe there is a serial killer still out there. I am trying to get more information because maybe there are other cases in other states to be compared to.

Her case has been unsolved for 35 years now. She was just 13 years old when murdered.

I spent all day contacting the media in Las Vegas hoping one might do a story on her case since next month is the 35th year of her murder.

Sly

Did you know that remains of two females have recently been located near Las Vegas? I saw a reference to this in a Canadian news story about Jessica Foster who was living in Las Vegas and has been missing since March -- there's a thread about her in the DISCUSSION forum part of "Missing!" One of the posters in that thread said there was another young blond, Lindsay Harris, an American from NY, also missing from Las Vegas, a few years earlier

A close friend of Jesse's mom created a website for her and participates in the WS thread, located here:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39093

How many cases are you following in LV, NV? I was just about to research how many cold case files exist for missing people from Las Vegas.

wondering22 said:
Did you know that remains of two females have recently been located near Las Vegas? I saw a reference to this in a Canadian news story about Jessica Foster who was living in Las Vegas and has been missing since March -- there's a thread about her in the DISCUSSION forum part of "Missing!" One of the posters in that thread said there was another young blond, Lindsay Harris, an American from NY, also missing from Las Vegas, a few years earlier

A close friend of Jesse's mom created a website for her and participates in the WS thread, located here:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39093

How many cases are you following in LV, NV? I was just about to research how many cold case files exist for missing people from Las Vegas.

Hi Wondering,
No, I have not heard of the others. I am only following Jody Miller's case in Las Vegas as it has haunted me for 35 years now.
I didn't even know that there was a similar case like it 35 years ago until last week when I talked to Kevin Manning. I was only 11 or 12 when Jody was murdered. I still have my Simon & Garfunkal album "Bridge over Troubled Water" tho that I have not played since they played that song at her funeral.

And it was a big surprise seeing the same picture of Jody Miller on the Cold Case Corner link that is in our Garside Junior High year book, which I have not looked at in well over 25 years.

I am going to try & find out more about the 2nd murder Manning told me about.

Sly

Would anyone be interested in setting up an open account at some bookmarking site (http://del.icio.us/ is one) where everyone has the user name and password and can add the links that they feel are helpful in missing persons/cold cases?
That would be a good way to share the url's of the sites that are helpful, it would help newbies, and would mean that when someone finds a helpful site, it could be available to everyone. Our own little database of resources you might say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back