Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Court will not be in session during the Ontario spring break but will resume March 21. Please continue general discussion about the trial here until we open a new Trial thread on Monday morning, March 21, 2016.

Special note to any Websleuths members who may attend court:

Whatever you hear in the courtroom that is being discussed outside the presence of the jury is NOT to be brought to the threads.

As always, please be respectful and remember:

The Rules

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Your Ignore List and You

:tyou:

:rose: Remembering Tim Bosma and waiting for Justice :rose:

bosma-wife.jpg

National Post

By Molly Hayes

B821254669Z.1_20130514195432_000_GQ9VSLAR.2_Content.jpg

TIM AND HIS DAUGHTER
Photo courtesy of the Bosma family​

I understand it's hearsay by CD..he was not told directly from DM he was told by CD that DM's plans were to go into pet cremation with his uncle.

When did the uncle hear this story about DMs pet cremation business plan? Was it before or after the arrest? Is it possible that the story was concocted after as an alibi for owning the Eliminator? Especially since CDs wife still seemed loyal and CN was still being loyal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I posted already, I have to disagree. I'm very local to the airport area and I didn't know the story until a friend put it on Facebook the 9/10 because I don't watch news (too depressing) and I don't get a paper. Even then, when the friend posted the photo of the truck, it was about a family in Ancaster--one of her Dutch friends. At the time, we didn't even know he was dead, just that his car was missing. From the 6-10th, I don't believe we in the K-W area knew the connection to the area. The police were ahead but had not said anything about Millard air by that point. Don't know where this Hussey guy lives, but could be same story.
MOO, I was very aware that TB was missing due to connections, however as Hussey texted DM on May 11th, it is apparent he hadn't heard of his future business partner's arrest. So he may not listen to MSM.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2879300--tim-is-missing-have-you-seen-him-/

On May 7, the day after Bosma went missing, Millard bought a condo at 70 Distillery Lane in Toronto for $627,524.
(IF I remember well, he paid cash. Another interesting point
.)

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 15 Std.Vor 15 Stunden Brampton, Ontario
Hussey says Millard's sweater was hanging off one of his shoulder - it wasn't normal #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 15 Std.Vor 15 Stunden Brampton, Ontario
Hussey saw Millard on May 8, 2013 - two days after Bosma disappeared. Millard appeared tired, bags under his eyes, his hair messy

I wonder in what condition and appearing DM had bought the condo on 7th May .....

I remember discussing this back then. Didn't we come to the conclusion that the paper work and finalization went through on the day after Bosma disappeared. Not that DM went out searching and decided to buy it that day.

I wonder how close RB is with his sister? I know there was another sibling that passed away in her 50's, so DM does have other cousin's (other than RB's children) Could the cousin he refers to in his Jailhouse letter be from RB's other sister? I am also surprised that if MB is to testify, why she did not testify early on in the trial? SB got her testimony out of the way first and then could be there for the trial..you would think if she believes her son is innocent, she would want to be in court to support him? Does she have a choice? could she ask to testify earlier so she can be in court?

MOO, I was very aware that TB was missing due to connections, however as Hussey texted DM on May 11th, it is apparent he hadn't heard of his future business partner's arrest. So he may not listen to MSM.

Yep, same here. I think a lot of it depends on if you are in any Bosma circles (family, church, if you are dutch :)) and how many degrees of separation you would be from that. Also, your level of involvement in social media would affect the timing. I picture a circle around the Bosma home and the Ancaster CRC and rings cascading out from there as a representation of how the news travelled for the first day or two. Then the news would have picked up on it.

Re: the 39 more witnesses to come...

So far, we've seen all kinds of witnesses on the stand that we never expected. Just yesterday is a really good example when semi-retired guy testified to seeing the orange tarp. Then DM's uncle. I don't think any of us knew he was going to testify, did we? We didn't even know about the man who saw the orange tarp. I think we'll be surprised to learn there were many many people interviewed by LE during their investigation that will be called to testify to what they saw, heard, or knew about.

Not sure why folks keep bringing up the May 7th condo deal .... that was the day the transfer went through the land titles office and it is always handled by the lawyers .... DM's part would have been done in the weeks or even months ahead of that.
Correct Arnie- he would have given his lawyer the funds and signed all the papers for the transfer of the deed at least a few days prior to closing. Very seldom is it done on the day of closing. MOO

Were the barrels coming or going? My first thought was I pictured body parts in the barrels. Anyone else picture that? He would have taken them to burn once he got his eliminator in 2012. (maybe a tad stinky)

The witness described his task as unloading the barrels at the farm. Another wonderful quality about DM....environmentalist. I am going to assume all the barrels full of oil were from all the oil changes that they were doing at the hangar. Instead of disposing them properly as required by law, let's just stuff them in an old barn at my farm! MOO

I'm not sure about anyone else but I was sure glad to read the full articles from MSM last night. Yesterday was the first day that I found it extremely difficult to follow. I found the Tweets coming from the courtroom to be very difficult to follow. Not related to the fine work the people at WS are doing copying the tweets, the actual tweets themselves. Especially the testimony from the Uncle.

Now, just a thought about the Uncle's testimony. Yesterday I commented that it really helped by removing the Defense's chance of using the incinerator as a true business endeavor. But there is another part to this. From reading the MSM articles about the witness, which added a significant amount of detail that we didn't get in the tweets, his uncle was pretty much spewing venom towards his "nephew." This was the first witness that truly was able to provide any indication of the character of DM. Too bad they didn't delve deeper into that. MOO

When were the barrels of oil unloaded in the barn. I see 2012. Anything more specific than that in terms of month or date?

Does DM lawyers purposely try make him sound rather dumb. I mean if I knew someone who spent 15k on an excavator then quickly blew out the motor I'd laugh at them due to their stupidity. I wouldn't be thinking whoa money bags.

[h=1]Tim Bosma Murder Trial: Picking up Mark Smich’s girlfriend after Bosma’s slaying | EXHIBIT #99 (D)[/h]
[video=youtube;Gv7OWZQrbrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv7OWZQrbrQ&index=1&list=UUnsj4TU7mOQ-4l2HOaRekgA[/video]

Yes... nothing to hide, so he went on a 'vacation'.. who goes on a vacation after murdering someone? Whatever the amount that DM had taken out of the bank and put into the envelope, that may have been his daily cash limit... or perhaps that was all the cash that was available at the moment. That could last a fair while, if one is on their own, and not worried about changing clothes and staying somewhere fancy.
DM was no stranger to the heat. In DP's first interview, right after DM was arrested, he eluded to the fact that he knew DM from a previous matter. I can only assume someone DM knew, needed DP's services (perhaps MWJ) and somehow DM avoided the need for a criminal lawyer. IMO, DM had become accustomed to using his perceived wealth and success as a trusty alibi. IMO, DM knew that it was in his best interest to get CN lawyered up asap if in fact he did get arrested and he knew that CN didn't have the resources to retain a lawyer. Since she lived at home, Legal Aid may not even be an option. I speculate that even though DM didn't get the cash to her that day, he was still able to get her a lawyer via DP or MB. MOO

[h=1]Tim Bosma Murder Trial: Picking up Mark Smich’s girlfriend after Bosma’s slaying | EXHIBIT #99 (D)[/h]
[video=youtube;Gv7OWZQrbrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv7OWZQrbrQ&index=1&list=UUnsj4TU7mOQ-4l2HOaRekgA[/video]

is this not the red bag over her shoulder that was found in the yukon with the file folder in it? I can see red if you pause the video.

is this not the red bag over her shoulder that was found in the yukon with the file folder in it? I can see red if you pause the video.

It looks more like a backpack to me, instead of the gym bag style that was found in the Yukon.

Also it looks like an" accordion style" file folder in her arms. JMO

Maybe the invoice was at DM house and MS and DM had her retrieve it for them.

I also wonder if things were left out in the open on purpose to try eliminate it as suspicious. Myself if something is right there in plain view it doesn't click in it maybe something criminal. If someone attempts to hide something my brain says this must be something bad otherwise why hide it?

I wonder if some of this was done on purpose and not sloppiness. People would think he has money so the truck being purchased in Kitchener seems legit. The truck would be moved quickly and forgotten about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member