1103 users online (241 members and 862 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    los2188's Avatar
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    From Alaska, but living in Arizona
    Posts
    15,549

    FL - Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite

    [CENTER]
    Austin Hatfield

    One Florida man learned the hard way that water moccasins do not make the best kissing partners. According to Fox 13, 18-year-old Austin Hatfield of Wimauma was hospitalized last Saturday after being bitten by a cottonmouth while attempting to kiss it.

    Friends said that Hatfield had captured the snake from his girlfriend’s yard several days before and was keeping it in a pillowcase. Hatfield occasionally took the snake out to kiss it on the mouth, but on Saturday, the snake decided to end the relationship.

    http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...italized-bite/
    [CENTER]
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,631
    I'd like to make a nomination for the Darwin Award.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,599
    This was big news here in Florida a year ago when it happened. A year on, it still seems like very poor decision making on that guy's part.
    JMO. MOO.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Bloomington IN
    Posts
    4,981
    He did end up better looking after the bite though..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where the big sharks come to play
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    He did end up better looking after the bite though..
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

    This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,599
    And in other news, my large main dog just got bit by a moccasin yesterday afternoon.
    JMO. MOO.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,599


    My snakebit girl, all swollen up on the right side of her neck. She looks better than the snake-kissing guy after his bite.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JMO. MOO.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Bloomington IN
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjay View Post


    My snakebit girl, all swollen up on the right side of her neck. She looks better than the snake-kissing guy after his bite.
    Sorry to hear of your poor dog. She looks better than his before picture now..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjay View Post


    My snakebit girl, all swollen up on the right side of her neck. She looks better than the snake-kissing guy after his bite.
    Poor baby! I hope she feels better soon!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    Sorry to hear of your poor dog. She looks better than his before picture now..
    LOL! That pic from this morning is in stark contrast to what she looked like last night, with glazed eyes and a lethargic appearance.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    Poor baby! I hope she feels better soon!
    She's recovering faster than I had expected. It helps that she's a big dog and very healthy & physically fit.
    JMO. MOO.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Armpit, AR
    Posts
    5,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Morag View Post
    I'd like to make a nomination for the Darwin Award.
    What a dumb ass! I second your nomination for the Darwin Award.

    SMDH
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

    The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by tezi View Post
    What a dumb ass! I second your nomination for the Darwin Award. SMDH
    Unless he either died or was rendered unable to reproduce, he doesn't qualify for a Darwin Award. Darwin Awards are for those who contribute to the improvement of our gene pool by removing themselves from it.
    JMO. MOO.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,599
    The snake-kissing fellow could qualify for a Darwin Honorable Mention: "The HONORABLE MENTION is bestowed on survivors of blunders that flabbergast the rest of us." http://www.darwinawards.com/
    JMO. MOO.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    2,927
    I've heard of people having to kiss a lot of toads to get a prince but kissing a snake I guess just gets you bit.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mostly on planet Earth
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    [CENTER]
    Austin Hatfield

    One Florida man learned the hard way that water moccasins do not make the best kissing partners. According to Fox 13, 18-year-old Austin Hatfield of Wimauma was hospitalized last Saturday after being bitten by a cottonmouth while attempting to kiss it.

    Friends said that Hatfield had captured the snake from his girlfriend’s yard several days before and was keeping it in a pillowcase. Hatfield occasionally took the snake out to kiss it on the mouth, but on Saturday, the snake decided to end the relationship.

    http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...italized-bite/
    [CENTER]
    Yikes. I'm sorry but what was he thinking, or lack thereof ?!? It's a snake - a cottonmouth, ffs! I'm sorry to be harsh but some lessons really have to be learned the hardest way for some folk, apparently. Sheesh.


    Sent via Tapatalk - Please excuse any mobile-induced typos. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Snake-handling Ky. pastor dies from snake bite
    By Tulessa in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-08-2014, 10:27 PM
  2. Pastor dies after snake bite
    By Canadian4 in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 06:30 PM
  3. Rum the remedy for snake bite on penis!!
    By miss_vegemite in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 03:46 AM
  4. Woman Dies Following Bite From Pet Snake
    By mysteriew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 02:27 PM