Identified! OH - Columbus, Body Found in Olentangy River, Apr'08 - Jose Juan Hernandez

I wonder if this recent finding is Brian Shaffer or Tony Luzio? Although, Tony did not go missing in the campus area.

Oh my ... I often think of Brian. I am still hoping he is alive somewhere but I know it's looking bleak :(

Prayers to all the families waiting for this identification. It's gotta be rough. :(

Oh boy, I hope they can i.d. this body soon for the family's sake. :(

Below is a link to a google map. The blue markers show where Brian was last seen and where the body was found:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e....990964,-83.014755&spn=0.022325,0.040169&z=15

SS/SQ; Can we make sure this gets to the "new forum"- also can you tell me since last week how many bodies have been discovered in these missing cases, the area, and then we can make sure to track those id's as well- because were on a couple threads I just want to make sure we're on it. Also- do you think these findings (by my count 4 in a week) are related to the detectives story??

SS/SQ; Can we make sure this gets to the "new forum"- also can you tell me since last week how many bodies have been discovered in these missing cases, the area, and then we can make sure to track those id's as well- because were on a couple threads I just want to make sure we're on it. Also- do you think these findings (by my count 4 in a week) are related to the detectives story??

There are a few sites that have so good lists to start off with. Shado's site is one. Below is my thoughts on how to handle existing and new cases in the new forum.

It's probably not a good idea to pull all the existing cases over to the new forum then have to move them back if they later prove unrelated. However a new discussion thread for each one or grouped by the state they drowned in can be started. I'm in favor of grouping because there is so far over 40 cases and that number may grow. The point of a forum is so we can spread out, so it makes no difference to me how we do this. But we should decide which way soon. Individual discussion threads or group by state?

Usually the region a murder is commited it can easily exclude or include a case. Simply because a single killer can't physically be in two places at once. However, IF-there are pods all over the US commiting murders then all bets are off and any case could be related. If the criteria to add to the forum is by sex, age, and death in water, well the list is truly going to grow quickly. IMO, it could hit 100 easily. Not seeing anyway around that. We'll just have to add them. Scary to think how many there are. Too many.

stadium.jpg

http://www.osu.edu/map/buildingindex.php

Could it still possibly be Tony or Brian after all this time? If the body was in the river a long time, would the water have kept it from totally decomposing? Not to be gross...

Could it still possibly be Tony or Brian after all this time? If the body was in the river a long time, would the water have kept it from totally decomposing? Not to be gross...
There is no known evidence to rule out either man, but truthfully, it could be almost anyone that could be in that water long enough for the remains to be in that state, praying for whoever it is..

After 2 years, I'm not sure that Brian's t-shirt would be intact and on his body. It will be interesting to see who they ID. We have serious problems regarding the safety of our young men these days. This is very disturbing.

I doubt it's Brian but I do sure hope they find out who it is soon, for someone's family's sake. :(

I keep refreshing the web page for the paper, but nothing new out yet. Please, anyone who hears anything, post ASAP. :blowkiss:

I haven't seen where there are any other people missing recently?? Anyone else here from Ohio seen anything in their local papers about missing people that this might be??

I keep refreshing the web page for the paper, but nothing new out yet. Please, anyone who hears anything, post ASAP. :blowkiss:

I haven't seen where there are any other people missing recently?? Anyone else here from Ohio seen anything in their local papers about missing people that this might be??

No one missing from my area (about 90 miles northwest of Columbus). I keep checking Channel 4, 6 and 10 online too. I kind of gave up the thought that it might be Brian after sunrise posted the link from Channel 4 below. They said the body had been there for more than a "few days" which said to me it hadn't been there 2 years. I wish they would release who it is though. They should know soon, I would think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back