Loved Ones Fear Richard Simmons Being Held Against His Will

Patience

Former Member
Reaction score
[h=3]‘They are taking advantage of his weak mental state,’ claims former assistant.[/h]Posted on Mar 12, 2016 @ 15:30PM
richard-simmons-recluse-depression-tv-exercise-instructor-frail-weak-spiritually-broken-pal-tells-national-enquirer-pp.jpg

Splash

Splash

Richard Simmons shot to fame for his energetic personality and fitness obsession, but the exercise guru has mysteriously disappeared from public sight and insiders are worried he’s under the control of a group of people who may not have his best interests at heart.
In an in-depth expose, the New York Daily News reports that Simmons last had contact with his former assistant, Mauro Oliveira, when he invited the masseuse to his Hollywood Hills home in April 2014.
“Mauro, we can no longer see each other,” Simmons reportedly told the man.
Bizarrely, Oliveira said that 67-year-old Simmons’ housekeeper, Teresa Reveles, who has worked for the star for over three decades, demanded he get out of the home, even though Simmons initially wanted him to stay.
PHOTOS: Friends Fear For Richard Simmons As He Retreats From Public Eye — See The Way He Was In 15 Fabulous Clicks
Oliveira said when he asked his former boss if Reveles was controlling his life, Simmons simply said, “Yes.”

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...ign=richardsimmonsdisappearanceworriesfriends

“I feel that Richard is now being controlled by the very people that he controlled his whole life,” he says. “Controlled in the sense that they are taking advantage of his weak mental state. Controlled in the sense that they are controlling his mail, controlling his everything. His brother, the manager and Teresa. Those three people.”

The last time Simmons sat down for an interview was for a 2013 New Year’s Eve interview with CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin, who asked him what his morning affirmations are. “I say, ‘Try to help more people,’” Simmons said in the televised interview before breaking down in tears.

Simmons rode on a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade that following November, and attended a Los Angeles fundraiser for Covered California in January 2014.

In January 2015, TMZ reported that the LAPD paid a visit to Simmons after they were tipped off that things might be awry at the Hollywood Hills mansion, but found Simmons alert and responsive.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ends-concerned-hes-being-held-hostage-w167031

Ahh this is so sad. Herstbreaking.

I wonder why Richard Simmons is not speaking for himself? I hope he knows that his fans are worried and we want to hear from him. He might not be up to it and I wish to respect his privacy but I would like to see Dr.Oz or a similiar caregiver type interview him and maybe offer him support and assistance and give his fans a platform to show him that we love and miss him.

I hope he is OK. I loved him when he was on General Hospital.

When I first read this I was reminded of Casey Kasem and Mickey Rooney.

And, in some ways, Michael Jackson. I have a bad feeling about this Richard Simmons situation. I wish there was a way to foil these types of predators.

And, in some ways, Michael Jackson. I have a bad feeling about this Richard Simmons situation. I wish there was a way to foil these types of predators.

And Beach Boy Brian Wilson. :(

Me too, my friend. Also similar to Peter Falk's daughter Catherine. Her efforts appear on her website, here:

http://catherinefalkorganization.org/

~jmo~

Article has been updated. Richard spoke with ET tonight.

“I am not kidnapped,” Simmons, 67, told the program. “I am just in my house right now."

“ET” reported that its executive producer, Brad Bessey, spoke with Simmons by phone. “No one should be worried about me,” Simmons said. “The people that surround me are wonderful people who take great care of me.” CNN cannot independently verify the “ET” claim.

Late Sunday, a posting on Simmons’ official Facebook account said, “I can’t believe I was trending on Facebook! After some questions about my health and whereabouts, I’ll be calling in to Today Show tomorrow morning. If you’re wondering what I’ve been up to, I hope you’ll tune in!”

“Today” aired a phone interview Monday morning between Simmons and anchor Savannah Guthrie. He said it was his decision to go into seclusion because “I just sort of wanted to be a little bit of a loner for a little while. You know, I had hurt my knee, and I had some problems with it, and then the other knee started giving me trouble because I’ve taught like thousands and thousands of classes, and you know right now I just want to sort of take care of me,” Simmons told Guthrie.

http://wtvr.com/2016/03/14/richard-simmons-not-missing/

While I hope he is truly okay,I do wonder about the motives of the guy that wrote the ebook and wants to make it into a play.

I'm wondering if it's possible he gained weight due to his lack of knee mobility. I could see how that could be a blow to his self esteem considering he was someone who made his way from being obese to being a fitness guru.

The whole situation is just creepy.

“No one should be worried about me,” Simmons said. “The people that surround me are wonderful people who take great care of me.”

That sounds like something that would be programmed into a Stepford wife. In my head, I can only hear it in a robotic, non-human voice. Or perhaps a voice being made to read from a pre-written script.

Pictured: The housekeeper accused of keeping Richard Simmons hostage in his own home

Teresa Reveles was pictured leaving Richard Simmons mansion in LA

Believed to be his housekeeper who friends fear is keeping him hostage

Mr Simmons has not been seen in public since a TV appearance in 2014

A friend of the fitness guru has claimed she is concerned for his welfare

But Mr Simmons has called the rumors about his reclusive life 'very silly'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...chard-Simmons-hostage-home.html#ixzz434lM6alt

He's an adult who has been interviewed by LE. He appears of sound mind, and I find it disturbing that he's not being treated like a grown man who is free make his own choices.

So what if he needs a period of time to himself? He is clearly not inaccessible, and he has every right to live as chooses without having the authorities sent to his home, or the public demanding some sort of intervention.

I hope he is OK. I loved him when he was on General Hospital.

Never liked him on GH, soooooooooo I'll assume he won't be dropping in:rolleyes: on the Nurses Ball this year? :happydance: Glad he's ok. :moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back