1176 users online (194 members and 982 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Martin Mitchell, 59, Stone Mountain, 1 March 2016

Martin Mitchell, 59, has been missing since March 1 from his Stone Mountain home. Family says they do not know if he left on his own or not. His cane, car and wallet were left at his house and Mitchell does not have a cell phone.

Volunteers are searching the area around Allgood Road.

Last edited by JerseyGirl; 03-12-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Martin Mitchell, 59, has been missing since March 1 from his Stone Mountain home. Family says they do not know if he left on his own or not. His cane, car and wallet were left at his house and Mitchell does not have a cell phone.

Volunteers are searching the area around Allgood Road.

Just adding the link.

http://www.wtoc.com/story/31454269/v...e-mountain-man

STONE MOUNTAIN - LITHONIA
    Family fears the worst, hopes for best in Stone Mountain missing man search

Ryan Kruger,
    29 minutes ago

Come home, Martin! Your son needs you!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElemenohP View Post
    STONE MOUNTAIN - LITHONIA
    Family fears the worst, hopes for best in Stone Mountain missing man search

Ryan Kruger,
    29 minutes ago
    Just pointing out that this report differs from the initial links in saying that Martin DOES have his cane with him. Minor detail. Hoping Martin is well tonight, wherever he is!

Martin's remains have been found. 😰 Autopsy won't be completed for weeks, so no cause of death is known. Family has not provided any other details. I don't know the location or circumstances under which the remains were discovered. Prayers for Martin's family.

Should this be posted in the "found deceased" section? How does that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Aznarepse View Post
    Should this be posted in the "found deceased" section? How does that happen?
    I believe a mod moves it after a MSM link has been posted confirming.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ok, thank you! I've been trying to find a media link but I have not seen anything. The family notified our high school alumni group yesterday and Martin's niece also posted it on her Facebook page. You would think that the Atlanta Journal Constitution would have something.

His sister says that he was found in the woods behind a fire station about a mile from his house. I have the impression from discussion that there are trails back there. So sad. Still no media coverage that I can find. Perhaps the media are not interested in coverage until the autopsy reveals the cause of death. That will take several weeks.

His sister says that he was found in the woods behind a fire station about a mile from his house. I have the impression from discussion that there are trails back there. So sad. Still no media coverage that I can find. Perhaps the media are not interested in coverage until the autopsy reveals the cause of death. That will take several weeks.
    If there are indications that it's a suicide, the media tends to be very sparse in their reporting.

You may want to contact the reporters that did the stories on him going missing and ask for a follow up.

Wyle_E., Wow, the thought of it being a suicide never even occurred to me. �� Good insight.
    Great tip about contacting the reporter for an update. I might give that a try.

Wyle_E., while looking for a reporter to consult, I came across a link that I had not seen before. This one mentioned depression. You may have hit the nail on the head. If that's the case, maybe the family does not want the media to know. I've decided not to alert reporters by asking.
    Here's the link I mentioned: http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/106324466-story

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast