Found Deceased NC - Andrew 'Drew' Browne, 23, Raleigh, 24 May 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Drew Browne
drew%20browne

Raleigh man’s mysterious disappearance weighs on family

Raleigh, North Carolina -
One afternoon last week, Raleigh police Detective Zeke Morse met John Browne near the last place that Browne’s son was known to be on the night he disappeared nearly two years ago.

Browne asked Morse to meet him along Wycliff Road in West Raleigh, in front of the Lake Boone shopping center, to try to determine what direction his son might have been walking that night, in

hopes of mounting yet another search.

Andrew Thomas Browne – Drew to his family and friends – vanished on the night of May 24, 2014, when he was 23. And except for the mysterious appearance of some items of his four months

later, his parents, Martha and John Browne, and his older brother Lee haven’t seen or heard from him.

“At this point, we just don’t know if foul play has taken place or Drew is just off the grid or he ended his life that night,” Martha Browne said. “We just don’t have any idea.”

Drew’s disappearance was both dramatic and sudden. It prompted a massive police search, including a State Highway Patrol helicopter, in the blocks around Martin Middle School late on a

Saturday night into Sunday morning. Police later widened their search for signs of Drew in the neighborhoods and woods west of the Beltline, near Rex Hospital and the N.C. Museum of Art, but

have turned up nothing.

Morse says he doesn’t know what happened to Drew.

DREW1-NE-031016-JEL

“Obviously, as time goes by, we become more and more concerned,” he said. “But until we find Andrew, we just don’t know.”

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/wake-county/article65448557.html#storylink=cpy

Drew Browne
drew%20browne

Raleigh man’s mysterious disappearance weighs on family

Raleigh, North Carolina -
One afternoon last week, Raleigh police Detective Zeke Morse met John Browne near the last place that Browne’s son was known to be on the night he disappeared nearly two years ago.

Browne asked Morse to meet him along Wycliff Road in West Raleigh, in front of the Lake Boone shopping center, to try to determine what direction his son might have been walking that night, in

hopes of mounting yet another search.

Andrew Thomas Browne – Drew to his family and friends – vanished on the night of May 24, 2014, when he was 23. And except for the mysterious appearance of some items of his four months

later, his parents, Martha and John Browne, and his older brother Lee haven’t seen or heard from him.

“At this point, we just don’t know if foul play has taken place or Drew is just off the grid or he ended his life that night,” Martha Browne said. “We just don’t have any idea.”

Drew’s disappearance was both dramatic and sudden. It prompted a massive police search, including a State Highway Patrol helicopter, in the blocks around Martin Middle School late on a

Saturday night into Sunday morning. Police later widened their search for signs of Drew in the neighborhoods and woods west of the Beltline, near Rex Hospital and the N.C. Museum of Art, but

have turned up nothing.

Morse says he doesn’t know what happened to Drew.

DREW1-NE-031016-JEL

“Obviously, as time goes by, we become more and more concerned,” he said. “But until we find Andrew, we just don’t know.”

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/wake-county/article65448557.html#storylink=cpy

Thanks for posting this, los. What a gut-wrenching, sad story. I have to think the most likely scenario is that Drew is still in the vicinity of the gunshot sound that was heard the night he went missing, including where the last cell phone pings came from (if he survived the gunshot initially, he could have moved around some before succumbing to injury some time later :(). As for the discovery of items in his grandmother's Honda, I would like to know when his mom had last been in the car, prior to finding those items four months after Drew's disappearance. If that was the very first time she had gotten inside the vehicle since his disappearance, then perhaps the items were placed there before Drew went missing.

Possible sighting the day after he fled into the woods. Anonymous tip in March of 2016. I think they can rule out suicide the night of him leaving since the officers were close to the gun shots and they not only have not found his body but the rifle and hand gun he had.

Andrew “Drew” Browne was seen walking with a rifle near the former Palms Apartments off Lake Boone Trail after sunrise early one morning in May 2014

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/wake-county/article68117437.html

Unidentified Skeletal remains found in Raleigh: Police investigating after human skeleton found in woods near Lake Boone Trail, I-440

Location is VERY close to Wycliff Rd/Lake Boone Shopping Center: Google Maps

That’s so close!

I looked for the UID on namus using the date on which the remains were found (June 11) but couldn’t find him/her.

I was also unable to find anything indicating the remains have been identified.

Could that mean LE have a fairly good idea of whom the remains belong to but are waiting until they are positively identified to release the information?

If the remains were identified to be of Drew, LE would make an announcement, IMO.

Or could it be that the remains have already been identified and the next of kin did not wish the information released?

That’s so close!

I looked for the UID on namus using the date on which the remains were found (June 11) but couldn’t find him/her.

I was also unable to find anything indicating the remains have been identified.

Could that mean LE have a fairly good idea of whom the remains belong to but are waiting until they are positively identified to release the information?

If the remains were identified to be of Drew, LE would make an announcement, IMO.

Or could it be that the remains have already been identified and the next of kin did not wish the information released?

Perhaps they are still waiting on DNA? I could not find any updates. If the next of kin didn't want the identity of the person released (and there was no foul play suspected) then I think LE would simply update the press to say the person was identified but their name withheld. JMO.

From the link:
RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) - A private investigator tells CBS 17 the body of a Raleigh man missing since 2014 have been located off Ridge Road in Raleigh.

Hunter Glass with the "Search for Me Foundation" says the remains of Andrew Browne were believed to be found near Martin Middle School off Ridge Road. Police haven't yet identified them.

"There are things at the scene that lead us to believe was have found Andrew," Glass said.
Browne's family reached out to private investigator David Marshburn a few months ago about his son's case.

It goes on to say that Marshburn only searched for 30 minutes and found the remains. Remains awaiting positive ID but it looks like another case solved by Marshburn. That man is quite a PI.

Rest in Peace Drew. :(

Has this Marshburn ever looked for Maura Murray where she went missing? He may be able to find her too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back