707 users online (82 members and 625 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - Darryl Hunt, 51, Winston-Salem, 3 March 2016

Darryl Eugene Hunt

Winston-Salem police search for missing man
    Darryl Eugene Hunt reported missing

Winston-Salem, North Carolina -
    Winston-Salem police are searching for Darryl Eugene Hunt, who was reported missing Saturday.

Hunt was last seen nine days ago near Garfield Court. He is known to frequent Atlanta.

Hunt was convicted in 1984 for the murder and rape of Deborah Sykes and served 19 years in prison. He was released after DNA results exonerated him.

After his release from prison, Hunt founded the Darryl Hunt Project for Freedom and Justice, an advocacy group for the wrongfully convicted.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 336-727-2800.

My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Darryl Hunt's body found inside vehicle, police say
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Bloomington IN
    Mr. Hunt was last seen operating a 1999 White Ford Truck bearing NC registration BDJ-9685. This vehicle is owned by Larry Little.

"Jet Hollander, who served on a citizens committee in 2005-06 that addressed the Deborah Sykes case, said Hunt was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 18 months ago and had reached the stage 4 level.

<snipped by me>

'He had been struggling with a lot of challenges,' Mendez ("a close friend") said.
    'The burdens he had had become more intensified recently; they were constantly with him. He had been through so much.'
    When Mendez was asked if he thought Hunt harmed himself, he answered 'we won't know how he died until we get the medical examiner's report.
    'He was depressed, that much we do know.'

<snipped by me>

'Darryl had a lot of pride, dignity and didn't put himself out there for his own care,' Mendez said.
    'He was trying to make some sense out of his life.'"

from http://www.journalnow.com/news/local...80b4046c4.html.

Rest in peace, Mr. Hunt. I am so sorry for what happened to you .

Bloomington IN
    RIP Darryl..

Very sad to lose Darryl.