Found Deceased NC - Darryl Hunt, 51, Winston-Salem, 3 March 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Darryl Eugene Hunt
Darryl-Hunt-png.png

Winston-Salem police search for missing man
Darryl Eugene Hunt reported missing

Winston-Salem, North Carolina -
Winston-Salem police are searching for Darryl Eugene Hunt, who was reported missing Saturday.

Hunt was last seen nine days ago near Garfield Court. He is known to frequent Atlanta.

Hunt was convicted in 1984 for the murder and rape of Deborah Sykes and served 19 years in prison. He was released after DNA results exonerated him.

After his release from prison, Hunt founded the Darryl Hunt Project for Freedom and Justice, an advocacy group for the wrongfully convicted.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 336-727-2800.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/winstonsalem-police-search-for-missing-man/38486444

"Jet Hollander, who served on a citizens committee in 2005-06 that addressed the Deborah Sykes case, said Hunt was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 18 months ago and had reached the stage 4 level.

<snipped by me>

'He had been struggling with a lot of challenges,' Mendez ("a close friend") said.
'The burdens he had had become more intensified recently; they were constantly with him. He had been through so much.'
When Mendez was asked if he thought Hunt harmed himself, he answered 'we won't know how he died until we get the medical examiner's report.
'He was depressed, that much we do know.'

<snipped by me>

'Darryl had a lot of pride, dignity and didn't put himself out there for his own care,' Mendez said.
'He was trying to make some sense out of his life.'"

from http://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...cle_ab3a1a94-e91d-11e5-92a2-4f980b4046c4.html.

Rest in peace, Mr. Hunt. I am so sorry for what happened to you :(.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back