FL FL - Michael 'Chip' Campbell, 36, Milton, 5 March 2016

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
"Chip" Michael Campbell, 36, was last seen when he was dropped off at his home Sunday, March 6 in Milton, FL.

Chip is 6'2", weighs 200 pounds, has brown eyes and salt and pepper hair. He has a tattoo on one of his arms.

12800125_1284205914929737_6874964878958136820_n.jpg

http://weartv.com/news/local/klaas-kids-volunteers-search-for-missing-man

Haven't seen this yet, but apologize in advance if already discussed...

While listening to the Vanished podcast for my first introduction to this case, I understood his sister to say that it was odd for Chip to be at that Circle K, because of the distance from his home. It's about 2.9 miles so a pretty good walk, for sure. However, this is the same Circle K he was leaving when he got into his accident two months prior...almost to the day. The cause of this accident was sited as a diabetic emergency. Meth, if taken by a diabetic, would cause a rapid acceleration of the burning of carbohydrates in the body, sugar being principal among these, and quickly lower the blood sugar levels of even a non-diabetic individual. Losing awareness, motor function, and even passing could result.

Was Chip just familiar with this Circle K, liked the workers there, and frequented it as his regular convenience store...or maybe it was a marked drop site that he had used/been instructed to use for some time.

Devil's advocate- let's say he had used Meth and this was one of the reasons he was in the bathroom for as long as he was, and forgot the bags he had carried in...
when driving, the effects were clear resulting in his accident.
when walking or getting a ride similar effects but a much more private result, perhaps even his ride panicking and disposing of a body rather than bringing further "trouble" on themselves. Or perhaps disorientation led him to end up in a place he couldn't get out of.

I haven't read a clear explanation of what, if anything, the dogs picked up around that Circle K. Have I not paid enough attention yet?

On the Bring Chip Home site there are pics of a "shake-n-bake" mobile meth lab (backpack). They are stating that this was found, but do not know if it belonged to CC or not. The evidence at the home mud, disarray, phone/battery..IMO... could possibly be from someone having a bad methamphetamine high?? Getting paranoid is common. Could he have run out of the home and encountered problems with the combo of meth and diabetes? Just a thought. Hoping that his family gets closure in the near future. The agony of this cannot be understood I am sure.

[h=1]Missing man’s siblings seek private detective to boost search[/h]
On March 8, 2016, Campbell’s roommate, Tainya Rios, reported coming home to their house in disarray and Campbell gone. According to Campbell’s sister, Lesa Kissoon, Rios reported that there was mud throughout the house, the front door was blocked with a chair, the side entrance was standing wide open and his cell phone was left behind but had been reset to factory settings.
Campbell was 36 years old when he disappeared. He is 6 feet, 2 inches tall, has brown eyes and brown and slightly gray hair. He is insulin-dependent and was diagnosed with diabetic seizures soon before his disappearance. He had a dog named Harley who he spent a lot of time with. The Milton High alumnus worked as a cook at a Denny’s in Cantonment before he went missing.
“We would like to obtain the help of a private detective and/or any other agencies to assist us in this search,” Kissoon said. “Chip only has his siblings. He needs us to continue this search. We fear for his safety and wellbeing.
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20...blings-seek-private-detective-to-boost-search

Hi, I am Chip's cousin. I practically grew up in their home. Chip's mother had him when she was older, and died suddenly when he was young. He was being raised by his father, who was also older, and had to be placed in a nursing home due to poor health. His cousins, brother and sisters were all older and married/moved on with their lived. Chip was left to himself and his friends and I can't help but feel guilty for not keeping close touch with him. My Aunt would have wanted us to take better care of him or stayed close. I will always feel guilty for how things happened. No one in our family was ever involved with drugs or anything illegal...and when Chip found himself alone in that house after his dad was put in a home and his large close family went their own way, he found new friends...and some of them were taking advantage of his big heart and loneliness. I moved away from my hometown, but I am still trying to figure this out from where I am. I know every corner of that town like the back of my hand...it is just hard to imagine the way he just disappeared. I am hoping someone can put fresh eyes on this...please watch the video above, or the Unfound Podcast. My family is still hurting and would take any help it could get.

Hey everyone! I am the assistant to the host of Unfound, Edward Dentzel. He interviewed a family member of Chip's.

Here is my friend Edward's page. He is the host of the podcast Unfound. /m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=626269313&ref=content_filter

Here is a link to the cases he has done so far. UnFound--A Missing Persons Program | Free Podcasts | Podomatic

UnFound--A Missing Persons Program

Here is a link to the Unfound Podcast Discussion Group. Unfound Podcast Discussion Group Public Group | Facebook

Unfound Podcast, where the weekly Wednesday live video is done.
Unfound Podcast

Unfound is also carried online by a major newspaper. UnFound — A Missing Persons Program/

Unfound is also on YouTube. Unfound Podcast

5373DMFL - Chip Michael Campbell
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
5373DMFL1.jpg
5373DMFL3.jpg
5373DMFL2.jpg
Original

Name: Chip Michael Campbell
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: March 6, 2016
Location Last Seen: Milton, Santa Rosa County, Florida

Physical Description
Date of Birth: December 18, 1979
Race: White
Height: 6'1"-6'2"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown with some gray usually kept short but may be a bit longer
Eye Color: Brown
Nicnames/Alaises: Brown
Chipper Distinguishing Marks/Features: Nose piercing (on the inside bridge) but did not wear jewelry in it so it may have closed, Previous fractured jaw that had been wired shut, insulin dependent diabetic with a recent diagnosis of diabetic seizures

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Jeans and camouflage shirt.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Chip was last seen by his brother on March 5, 2016. He spent the day with his brother and was dropped back off at his home on Ward Basin Road around 6:30 pm. Chip's roommate placed a "cry for help" post on her Facebook stating that the day before she came home, the house was in disarray with mud tracked throughout the house and Chip was nowhere to be found. She stated she called jails and hospitals to locate him but did not find him. She also stated his cell phone was in the master bathroom, but the battery was out and had been factory reset so no information could be obtained.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Santa Rosa Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Duron Nelson
Agency Phone Number: 850.983.1100
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 1600-2148

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 33289

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Klaas Kids
Family Member

Admin Notes
Added: 6/25/20; Last Updated: 6/25/20

Chip's roommate placed a "cry for help" post on her Facebook stating that the day before she came home, the house was in disarray with mud tracked throughout the house and Chip was nowhere to be found. She stated she called jails and hospitals to locate him but did not find him.
I found 2 Facebook pages for Chip one last active 2014 and the other January 2016. He is friends with his roommate at the time Tainya Rios on both accounts. Tainya Rios' Facebook has no picture of her face. I can only see 2 posts on her account. one in Dec 2016 and one in Feb 2016. I don't see the cry for help post, maybe her FB is private. I wonder if she really did try to call jails and hospitals and if she proved that. I'm assuming she did not call 911 because of the drug activity.
Charley Project says: Campbell's family is suspicious of his roommate, Taniya Rios, and think she knows more about his disappearance than she has disclosed. She forged Campbell's father's name on seven of his checks after Campbell disappeared, and was arrested on multiple charges as a result. After bailing out of jail, she went on the run and was a fugitive for over a year before being arrested in California.
A quick search on Florida offender search shows multiple charges including drugs and Uttering Forged Bills and Instruments. Shows she is under Supervised Population and Administrative Probation. It is listed as Active and the location says Key West. Includes her photo. Maybe police should speak with her again about Chip.

Chip Campbell - 2014
Chip Campbell - 2016
Where Is Chip Michael Campbell
The purpose of this page is to keep the community aware that our brother, Chip Michael Campbell, is still missing.

We seek facts, not drama, not opinions. We do not post pictures related to searching for him on this page. You may message privately if you have personal information. This page is FOR Chip Campbell, so please respect Chip and the immediate family. We will not allow or encourage negative remarks, rogue statements or accusations. We simply want to find our brother, Chip.

Our youngest brother, Chip Michael Campbell, is missing from Milton, Florida since March 8, 2016 on a Tuesday. His last known location was seen on video between the hours of 2-4 p.m. at Circle-K convenience store on Stewart Street in Milton, across from Milton High School. He was 37 years old at that time, would be 38 years old now. It is not known if he left on foot or with someone. It is not known if he left in a vehicle. We don't know where he is or what happened. It is NOT KNOWN if foul-play has occurred.

It is possible, due to his health condition and other extenuating circumstances, that Chip may have wandered off into the general area and passed away. We do not know.
Chip has immediate family, a father, 4 sisters and a brother who love and miss him. The question remains, "where is Chip Campbell?" We would appreciate community support to help locate our brother.

If anyone has property, goes hunting, fishing, 4-wheeling, biking, hiking, etc., please be AWARE of your surroundings. If you see anything at all such as clothing, shoes, or sadly you see possible remains, etc., please do the following:
1. Do not touch it.
2. Note location.
3. Call Santa Rosa Sheriff's Department at: 850-983-1100, If hesitant to call the Sheriff's office you may call: 855-SEEKLOST.

The first article below was linked at the Where's Chip FB page. There hasn't been another update on the page since. My thoughts go out to the loved ones of the deceased.

Deputies: Human remains found in Santa Rosa County
29 Mar 2021
Deputies say human remains were found Sunday in a wooded area of Sandy Forrest Road in Santa Rosa County. [snip] ...what appeared to be skeletal remains,"...

Human remains identified, Santa Rosa County deputies investigating homicide
31 Mar 2021
A homicide investigation is now underway regarding the human remains found in Santa Rosa County on Sunday. [ snip] ...the deceased individual has been identified. The name will be released to the public once the next of kin is notified. [snip] ...suspect this death was a homicide,...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back