RI RI - Wendy Madden, 23, Pawtucket, 11 March 1991

morphee

Reaction score
There is now a renewed push to solve a cold case in Pawtucket. 25 years ago, Wendy Madden's body was found behind a local bar, and investigators on the case say they have new leads that could bring her killer to justice, all thanks to social media.

Wendy Madden had just turned 23 years old when she said goodbye to her mother and boyfriend to buy a pack of cigarettes. She was last seen near the intersection of Railroad and Cross Streets.

Two days later, on March 13th, her body was found. She was a victim of an apparent homicide.

Madden was strangled to death in 1991 behind the now-vacant Jan's Bar in Pawtucket. Police Sgt. Paul Brandley says 25 years later, investigators have been working around the clock to find her killer.

http://www.abc6.com/story/31451871/renewed-push-to-solve-cold-case-in-pawtucket

http://www.wpri.com/news/special-re...-detective-closing-in-on-cold-case/1130277687
rbbm.
April 19 2018
PAWTUCKET, R.I (WPRI) - Pawtucket Detective Susan Cormier says she's about to present evidence to the Attorney General on a 27-year-old murder investigation.

It's a significant step toward justice for a family that's been waiting for that news since March 13, 1991. That's the day Wendy Madden's body was found strangled behind a Middle Street bar called Jan's Place. Ever since, police have tried to track down her killer.

Detective Cormier said she is limited in what she can reveal about her progress, but believes she will close the case.

"I'm quite close to hopefully presenting the case to the Attorney General’s office, and I'm pretty confident I've done my due diligence on this case,” she said.

Police have long known Madden left her home at 53 Cross Street in Central Falls and told her mother she was going to buy cigarettes.

Since Cormier took over the investigation more than 5 years ago, she has tracked Madden’s trail from Cross Street to a Broad Street convenience store before she ultimately was found behind Jan's Place.
"It's very similar to someone handing you a puzzle and dumping the puzzle out on the table but taking away the box with a picture,” she said.

She re-interviewed every witness and tracked every movement Wendy made.

"I have read over my files over and over and over again. There are things you pick up on," Cormier said. "The first time you read it may not have meant something to you but once you interview 10 more people now it makes sense."
Cormier wouldn't reveal what she's presenting the Attorney General or if she's figured out who killed Wendy Madden yet, but says "I want that person to be looking over their shoulder every day, waiting for the police to come knock on their door."

Wendy Madden Facebook page post 3/13/2018.
Wendy Madden

Today marks twenty-seven years that Wendy Lee Madden's life was tragically ended by an unknown assailant. Vibrant and full of life, Wendy left her apartment on March 11, 1991 at 11:00 pm to go to the store and sadly did not return. She was only 23 years old. Wendy's body was found two days later on March 13, 1991, just a short distance from her home.

My name is Detective Sue Cormier and I am with the Pawtucket Police Major Crime Unit. In 2013, I reopened Wendy's case and have spent countless hours sifting through old reports, pieces of evidence, and conducted numerous interviews with regard to this case. New leads have been developed and are being followed up on. I am far closer today to solving this heinous crime, but I need your help.

If you or someone you know has any information about Wendy Madden or what took place leading up to her death, PLEASE contact me. All information will be kept confidential.
I can be reached either by phone at 401-727-9100 ext. 756, or by email at scormier@pawtucketpolice.com or by sending me a private message on this page. Or my department cell phone 401-640-8474. Call or text with any information you might have.

To honor Wendy Madden's memory, I am asking you to SHARE this page today and to ask your family and friends to do the same. Please help me give Wendy the justice she deserves. Thank you.

1661094961365.png
August 20 2022 rbbm.
''PAWTUCKET, R.I. (WJAR) — A Pawtucket man is trying to keep his sister's memory alive and help find her killer.

Wendy Madden was found dead behind a bar on Middle Street on March 13, 1991.''

''She disappeared for two days before her body was found.''

While he waits for his sister's killer to be found, he says he doesn't want Wendy to be forgotten.

ebaef408-d004-49a9-853e-0afc574688b2-medium16x9_thumb_30015.png

The 1991 killing of Wendy Madden has never been solved. (WJAR)

''John said he thinks about what his sister's life might have been like if she was given time to turn things around.''

''He said he would like a memorial to be put up at the corner of Middle Street.

Those with any information on Wendy Madden's murder can call 1-877-RI-SOLVE.''

Gray Hughes covers this case. Starts at about 7:45 on his clock, upper right.

Oct 18 2022

Oct 19 2022
''Wendy Madden’s body would later be discovered behind a local bar, and her killer would never be found.

12 News reporter Kim Kalunian spoke with her siblings, who believe someone knows something after all this time.

Watch “Who Killed Wendy Madden?” tonight on 12 News at 5.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back