761 users online (90 members and 671 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AL - Wyatt Sanford, 8, Union Grove, 14 March 2016

Wyatt Ray Sanford, 8, was last seen Monday around 1:30 p.m. at Brindlee Mountain Primary School in Union Grove. His mother, 40-year-old Belinda Ann Miller Curvin, is accused of checking him out of school and disappearing with him.

The boy's father, Billy Joe Sanford of Arab, filed for sole custody on Tuesday, citing Curvin's actions. They were sharing joint custody of the boy, who is described as having blond hair and brown eyes.

Wyatt is about 4 feet tall and weighs 100 pounds. He has a scar on his ankle. He and Curvin were believed to be traveling in a white 2010 Pontiac G6 with tag number 7022AR7.

"Belinda has threatened Mr. Sanford that if he alerts the authorities to what she has done, she will kill the parties' child and herself," the document reads.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/in...finding_1.html

Oh no, praying the mother doesn't harm him

Oh no. Another child being put in the middle of the parents squabble.
    I hope he's found safe.

I will never understand parents who use their children as leverage against the other parent! This poor little guy. I hope he did not hear his mother voice that threat...I hope he is found safe and soon!

Arab authorities search for endangered 8-year-old

Arab Police are asking the public for tips about a missing 8-year-old boy and his mother. Wyatt Ray Sanford was last seen Monday afternoon at Brindlee Mountain Primary School. Police say the boy’s mother, Belinda Ann Miller Curvin, unenrolled him from school.
    http://whnt.com/2016/03/15/missing-c...old-from-arab/

Sanford claims Curvin has spent “significant time” in in-patient mental health facilities at Marshall Medical Center North and Crestwood Medical Center.

Sanford claims that in the past 24 hours she has [uprooted their son's] residence, taking money from a safe, took spare keys to an automobile and the car itself, and then checked the child out of school.

She has also reportedly “threatened to abscond to the State of Texas.”

Police have not released a picture of Belinda Curvin. They said the family has lived in the area for a while and the mother and son were in church on Sunday.

The boy in that pic doesn't have blonde hair...??

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post

Sanford claims Curvin has spent “significant time” in in-patient mental health facilities at Marshall Medical Center North and Crestwood Medical Center.

Sanford claims that in the past 24 hours she has [uprooted their son's] residence, taking money from a safe, took spare keys to an automobile and the car itself, and then checked the child out of school.

She has also reportedly “threatened to abscond to the State of Texas.”

Police have not released a picture of Belinda Curvin. They said the family has lived in the area for a while and the mother and son were in church on Sunday.

From the same article...

Arab Police were able to speak with Curvin and Wyatt on the phone late Tuesday. They did not reveal their location, but Curvin told police they were taking a short vacation and “would come back tomorrow,” police said.
    How messy! "Tomorrow" would be Wednesday, as in 3/16, right? Did she make the threats about harming herself and the child again when she spoke to LE tonight, I wonder?

I hope she does the right thing here.

Doesn't look like there are any updates at the time I'm posting. This one makes me sick to my stomach. Wyatt needs to be okay.

Yes, 'tomorrow' would be Wednesday 3/16/16.... I hope they will indeed be back.

It seems like a hopeful sign that she was mentally intact enough to plan some things and act on them (getting into the safe, getting the keys, taking the car, getting him out of school). It seems like if she had intentions of harming him and/or herself that she wouldn't have gone to so much trouble. He's probably learned ways to interact with her when she's having "issues" since it sounds like it's been ongoing. So all that together gives me more hope than many scenarios we see on here.

Maybe she really did just take him somewhere for some fun. To the beach, maybe?

Wyatt is believed to be with his mother, Belinda Ann Miller Curvin

http://www.wbrc.com/story/31473986/m...ed-with-mother

Oh great, I hope he's safe..

Ralston said Curvin called Arab police Tuesday and told the supervisor on duty that she "went on a little vacation with Wyatt."

The supervisor was able to speak with Wyatt, who said he was okay. Curvin did not reveal where they were during the call.

Chief Ralston said Curvin had agreed to check back in with a phone call at 8 a.m. Wednesday, which he confirmed took place. Curvin again did not disclose where she or Wyatt are located.

She is due to check in with police again Wednesday afternoon.
    http://www.waff.com/story/31483889/m...ittle-vacation

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post

Wyatt is believed to be with his mother, Belinda Ann Miller Curvin

http://www.wbrc.com/story/31473986/m...ed-with-mother
    This article says he was "unenrolled" from the school. Wtf? Didn't that make anyone in the office a little curious? I thought she had just picked him up from the school a little early and left town with him. Can't believe she literally unenrolled him randomly on a Monday afternoon and no one thought anything of it.

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    I've heard of tinfoil hats.....but um................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast