Mom of twins didn't know she was preggers

MrsMush99

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

Ananova:
Mum of twins didn't know she was pregnant

A Stoke woman had no idea she was having twins until she went into labour on the toilet.

Multiple sclerosis sufferer Claire Evans, 24, could not believe it when she began to have contractions.

:waitasec: I never did understand that. How do you not know you are pregnant?

Me neither mushy, and I have heard so many stories of women not knowing :waitasec:

Actually, I have heard of that before where the mother didn't know she was pregnant. Just thought she was putting on some weight. Some women aren't regular and maybe just doesn't pay attention to the fact that they didn't get their period. Or maybe thinks there is something wrong with them and are afraid to go to the doctor. If they are older, they may think they are going thru an early menopause. These babies were born pretty early- hope they get along ok.

Oh I have heard of it before, I just don't understand it. I mean when the baby is moving inside of you, what did these women think? That is was gas??? :p

Don't they feel the baby kicking? Maybe my pregnancies were different, but both my kids kicked the crap outta me constantly. No way could I have not known I was pregnant.

This happened to one of the paraprofessionals at our school three years ago! She was heavy to start with. When she went into labor, she went to the hospital thinking she had apendicitis! This was her third child, second delivery. After the first delivery of twins nineten years ago, she said she wasn't doing it again. I guess her husband got the last laugh on that one!

With MS, the symptoms can mask the signs of pregnancy as can the side-effects from drug therapy. At least this woman has a good excuse! I hope the "after-pregnancy" hormones do her some good. Some doctors who treat MS recommend the female patients consider a pregnancy because the hormones MAY force the disease into remission. (It sounded REALLY stupid to me--yeah, let's produce a kid in hopes of a temporary cure!)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back