1023 users online (224 members and 799 guests)  

Websleuths News

Frank Sinatra Jr has died

claire metz@clairemetzwesh 20m20 minutes ago
    Frank Sinatra Jr. had been in town for several days preparing for tonight's performance #daytonabeach Fell ill at hotel 4pm. Died @ hospital

Oh no .. this is sad and hard to believe. I was a teen when he was kidnapped. RIP Frank, Jr.

Frank Sinatra Jr. Dies at 72

His death was confirmed by the Associated Press, which received a statement from Sinatra’s family citing cardiac arrest as the cause of death.

Frank Jr.’s sister Nancy shared the news with a Facebook post, saying, “Sleep warm, Frankie…”

(Frankie Sinatra was my first boyfriend. We met at Gay Fay Nursery School in the SFV, then met again in the late '70s at the home of a mutual friend, and hung-out for a few years thereafter. He was always a gentleman, even from a very young age.)

RIP, with heartfelt condolences to his family and current friends

~jmo~

This shocked me. RIP Frank Jr. He looked and sounded just like his dad.

I read Frank SR. protected Lena Horne when she was being racially bullied for moving into an upscale area he lived. He told her to let him know if anyone bothers her further. They didn't!

Frank Sinatra Jr., faithful keeper of his father's flame, dead at 72

This 4-page article is a good read for those interested in Frankie's life and career. It begins as follows:

Some sons run from their fathers. Others ride their fathers' coattails. Frank Sinatra Jr., who died Wednesday of a heart attack at 72, charted an even rockier middle course.

~jmo~

Shana, I couldn't get your link to work for me but found this alternate link to the same article:

http://m.oakridger.com/zz/shareable/...ame-dead-at-72

The first time I met him was in probably about 1962. A friend of his, who was becoming a new friend of mine and was just starting to date a friend of mine, had brought him by my friend's house. When I walked over to her house one night after dinner, I was invited in and there was some guy playing the piano. He was very good, I don't recall if he was singing or not. It was kind of dark and I couldn't see him very well. At some point, when he stopped playing, he and I were introduced. I remember thinking that having a name like Frank Sinatra could be a real pain, not realizing until later that he was actually 'the' Frank Sinatra, Junior. It turned out that Frank, Jr. and our newish friend (who is still a friend and the husband of my girlfriend) had gone to boarding school together and shared interests and talents in music. They remained friends until yesterday.

RIP Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Shana, I couldn't get your link to work for me but found this alternate link to the same article:

http://m.oakridger.com/zz/shareable/...ame-dead-at-72

The first time I met him was in probably about 1962. A friend of his, who was becoming a new friend of mine and was just starting to date a friend of mine, had brought him by my friend's house. When I walked over to her house one night after dinner, I was invited in and there was some guy playing the piano. He was very good, I don't recall if he was singing or not. It was kind of dark and I couldn't see him very well. At some point, when he stopped playing, he and I were introduced. I remember thinking that having a name like Frank Sinatra could be a real pain, not realizing until later that he was actually 'the' Frank Sinatra, Junior. It turned out that Frank, Jr. and our newish friend (who is still a friend and the husband of my girlfriend) had gone to boarding school together and shared interests and talents in music. They remained friends until yesterday.

RIP Frank.
    Thank you so much for alerting/fixing the dead link! I had saved all 4 pages to my Evernote and they too report a Page Not Found. :-/

I very much appreciate your recounting a personal story about FS, Jr. Over the past 24 hrs, I've revisited many of my own memories of him. Some are wildly funny; others, rather tragic. Overall, he was just one of the good guys with a kind and open heart. He did not have an easy row to hoe. As I used to say to my female friends, "How would you like it had you been born as Marilyn Monroe's daughter with the name of your mother?"

So glad you had the opportunity to meet him and also to know him via your friend. I wish I had been more tenacious in holding on to our friendship, but after having moved away from L.A., I simply failed to pursue it. Mistake. :-(

~jmo~