GUILTY OH - Austin Cooper, 4, scalded to death, Franklin, 15 March 2016 *Arrests*

Please, someone tell me, what can a four year old baby do that is so bad, so horrible that you decide to torture him like that? What?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

http://www.fox19.com/story/31489569...legs-in-scalding-hot-water?clienttype=generic

On Facebook they released the 911 tape and it sounds like the father is laughing. I'll try to find a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I listened. To me it sounds like a reflexive sob. I'm thinking (hoping) he was just in shock at the time. I don't think I can follow this case. That baby, I cannot imagine that babies pain. Omfg. I just can't.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is close to where I live. Same county. I don't think I have a choice.

I kinda wonder what else she has done to him.

Am I reading link correctly, hearing aud-vid correctly? The father of 4 y/o, his 4 y/o son who died, said this???
"That little boy would want me to keep going everyday," Ritchie told WDTN. "He'd want me to go out and have fun for him and do everything I can for him."

Have fun for him?
Do everything for him? Now? What can the father do now for his son?
He said this w'in 2 days of his son dying at stepmother's hands.

RIP little one.

"He was so young, so innocent. Just why? The Lord taught me, even through the hardest things in life, you gotta forgive he can't forgive you either. Especially, even something like this, you gotta have faith and you gotta keep your head on straight.
"That little boy would want me to keep going everyday," Ritchie told WDTN. "He'd want me to go out and have fun for him and do everything I can for him."
He said his son was a huge fan of Star Wars.
"He was a big R2-D2 guy and he loved Darth Vader," Ritchie said. "I actually got him of those Kylo Ren's a few weeks ago. He loved it."
http://www.fox19.com/story/31489569/police-4-year-old-dead-after-stepmom-puts-his-legs-in-scalding-hot-water?clienttype=generic. Mar 16, w Mar 18 update

JMO but the type of "punishment" the stepmother doled out tells me she has probably abused the poor child in the past. If so and if the father was aware of her "discipline" then shame on him. :mad:

“There’s no punishment that you could do to a 4-year-old to kill him,” said Sherri Gredig, the boy’s maternal grandmother. “What could a 4-year-old do to get scalded to death?”

The grandmother of Austin Derreck Cooper spoke at a video arraignment for Anna Ritchie on Friday in Franklin Municipal Court.

Ritchie, who is in the Warren County Jail, could have more charges filed against her, according to police.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime...epmother-arrested/nqmxk/#sthash.DM5pwa7Q.dpuf

http://www.fox19.com/story/31489569...legs-in-scalding-hot-water?clienttype=generic

On Facebook they released the 911 tape and it sounds like the father is laughing. I'll try to find a link.

Just disgusting pure evil. How can any person look into an innocent child's eyes and harm them causing them agony? Where were social services as I bet this wasn't an isolated evident this poor child probably suffered their whole short life.

What's the worst the parents are facing is the death penalty a possibility?

I think the dad is just in total denial for his role. It's like, he has a child's attitude.

He brought his horrible woman into his son's life, and ignored that his son's legs were burned to the point that he would die during the night. NO, he did not "get into a bath with his wife". His wife placed him in burning water.

And now he's going on about how you have to forgive, you have to go on, he would want me to keep having fun. No, he would have liked you to rescue him from this witch you brought into the house.

In an aside, I keep posting this in cases like this - why is the household water heater cranked up high enough to burn a child to death? That should be against city code. You do not need tap water heated to the point of burning you to death.

But I don't think the dad is laughing in the 911 call. That sounds like a gag and a sob.

I agree with everything you said. My own spouse won't turn the water heater above 120 degrees unless he and I need it for a specific thing we are doing. It then gets turned right back down.

I just.....I can't even..........I'm just beyond words. I can't bring myself to listen to the 911 call. Some people are so evil that it is beyond my comprehension as a human being.

What a stupid ignorant dad who seems to be in denial. There is nothing he can do for his son now, that time has passed, except for justice. I feel he knows that his wife was abusing him, I seriously doubt this was the first time. That lady has those crazy eyes Sanpaui or what ever you call them and her Right eye seems a tad bigger than her left. Just saying. I guess I'm just a witch cause forgiving someone for killing my kid would not be a thought in my head especially only a couple days afterwards.

I think the dad is just in total denial for his role. It's like, he has a child's attitude.

He brought his horrible woman into his son's life, and ignored that his son's legs were burned to the point that he would die during the night. NO, he did not "get into a bath with his wife". His wife placed him in burning water.

And now he's going on about how you have to forgive, you have to go on, he would want me to keep having fun. No, he would have liked you to rescue him from this witch you brought into the house.

In an aside, I keep posting this in cases like this - why is the household water heater cranked up high enough to burn a child to death? That should be against city code. You do not need tap water heated to the point of burning you to death.

But I don't think the dad is laughing in the 911 call. That sounds like a gag and a sob.

According to maternal grandmother in video, it was boiling water heated on the stove :tears:

I just do not understand how you take a child and hurt them. How do you feel water, know that it's hot and then put a child in it? I will never understand people like this.

From what I've seen, the father and step mother have been married since 2014 so it seems this woman has been with Austin the majority of his short little life.

I do wonder, and maybe it has been said and I missed it. Did dad have primary custody?

FRANKLIN, Ohio (AP) - A detective says the stepmother of a 4-year-old Ohio boy found dead at home told police she'd put his legs in extra-hot water as punishment because he didn't like baths and then tried to hide his burns.

http://www.lex18.com/story/31570910...?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_LEX_18

Thank you for the link Tulessa, this is just disgusting.

As a parent, I do not understand how the dad heard the little boy crying but since the step mom told him not to check on the little boy, he didn't.

I think he already stopped crying by the time father got home. She told father not to check on the child to not wake the child up.
She says she kept the child's leg in hot water for 25 minutes. Child cried for 2-3 hours after that, she didn't check on him. Father came home later.

"According to a police detective, 25-year-old Anna Ritchie held Austin Cooper’s legs under the water for 25 minutes before pulling him out."

http://www.fox19.com/story/31569042...m-left-child-in-scalding-water-for-25-minutes

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back