721 users online (107 members and 614 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

GA - ‘We were just burning': Ga. man poured boiling water over gay couple

‘We were just burning': Ga. man poured boiling water over gay couple as they lay in bed, police say
    Editor’s note: This post contains graphic images.
    A month ago, Tolbert, 21, and his boyfriend Anthony Gooden Jr., 23, were jolted out of sleep by the feeling of boiling water splashing across their torsos, faces and limbs. Gooden’s mother’s boyfriend, Martin Blackwell, stood over them, pouring the water, they say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-police-say/

This is just horrible. I do not understand how one human could do something so horrid to another human. I hope these guys heal both physically and emotionally.

Sickening. I'm disgusted that I have to share a planet with such awful people!

What kind of heartless monster would do this? This is not someone I could refer to as a human being. I can't believe such hate exists, but sadly we see horrible things like this over and over.

Marquez and Anthony: You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry you were victims of this monster. Don't forget that there are people who care about you, who love you. May justice be swift and severe!

The comments on the Washington Post article are, in some ways, more disgusting. People calmly trying to make rational arguments against the "gay lifestyle" using quotes from philosophers and such, not just religion. I just can't...it leaves me speechless.

I'm just imagining that hateful man standing there at the stove waiting for the water to boil, knowing what he was going to do with it. I don't even have words for this

Blackwell, 48, was arrested on two counts of aggravated battery, according to Fulton County Jail records. He is being held without bail.

Doesn't it seem that this crime should carry a more serious charge than aggravated battery?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    I'm just imagining that hateful man standing there at the stove waiting for the water to boil, knowing what he was going to do with it. I don't even have words for this

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    Blackwell, 48, was arrested on two counts of aggravated battery, according to Fulton County Jail records. He is being held without bail.

Doesn't it seem that this crime should carry a more serious charge than aggravated battery?
    YES. Maybe more are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornSpeakEasy View Post
    The comments on the Washington Post article are, in some ways, more disgusting. People calmly trying to make rational arguments against the "gay lifestyle" using quotes from philosophers and such, not just religion. I just can't...it leaves me speechless.
    I don't care if the victims were gay, straight, white, black, green or purple. There is absolutely NO excuse for anyone doing this to another human being.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    YES. Maybe more are coming.
    I hope so. This monster need to be kept away from people.

From The Washington Post article:

“Georgia has had no hate crime statute since the state’s supreme court struck down the law in 2004. But WSBTV reported that Blackwell could face federal hate crime charges for the alleged attack.

Marquez told the TV station he has no doubt that hate was what fueled this.

“Why else would you pour boiling water on somebody?” he asked.”

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornSpeakEasy View Post
    There are always people ready to justify cruelty and blame the victim.

What on Earth could they possibly have done to deserve this?

“The pain doesn’t let you sleep,” he continued. “It’s excruciating, 24 hours a day. It doesn’t go anywhere, it doesn’t dial down. It’s just there.”

OMG just no words!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

A jury convicted a Georgia man on Wednesday for throwing boiled water on a same-sex couplesleeping in an apartment​, leaving them with severe burns that required surgery.

Jurors deliberated for about 90 minutes before finding Martin Blackwell guilty of eight counts of aggravated battery and two counts of aggravated assault in the attack on Anthony Gooden and Marquez Tolbert. He was sentenced to 40 years in prison.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jury-con...on-gay-couple/