TN - Family: Disturbing social photo was 'a joke'

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
10137429_G.jpg

Memphis Police Department is investigating a disturbing photo that surfaced Friday on social media.
The photo shows two children duct taped at their hands and mouth. The picture is captioned, “Kids for sale, 45% because they bad.”
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/...photo-launches-mpd-investigation?sf22815662=1

The problem here, is they are duct taped. I know parents sometimes masking tape mouths, or put two kids in one t-shirt to be funny, but this duct tape would rip the skin off their little lips and wrists.

The mom might have been trying to be funny, but not so much. :(

I went to Catholic primary school and used to get my mouth taped daily. Not cool then, still not cool.

The problem here, is they are duct taped. I know parents sometimes masking tape mouths, or put two kids in one t-shirt to be funny, but this duct tape would rip the skin off their little lips and wrists.

The mom might have been trying to be funny but not so much. :(

No joke! Photos like this get parents on DHS's radar and rightfully so! How can children that age act "bad"? Little ones get fussy when they are sleepy, hungry, or in pain. Shame on these parents for thinking this is the least bit cute. And hopefully, they simply used very poor judgement this one time and are otherwise good parents.
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the duct tape was Caylee Anthony....jeez.

"because they bad"- seriously? really? can you say ignorant--taping a child's mouth because "they bad"---- I have no words.

How about "Parents to jail -- because they bad."

Yep, disturbing is a good description for the photo.

Children that small are big-time mouth-breathers. I don't find it cool or funny at all. Doing a funny photo with a child who is bigger and older and who can consent and remove the tape themselves is one thing. To me this is something else altogether. Plus, how bad can children this age be? Sounds like the parents need some child development classes.

The mom might have been trying to be funny, but not so much. :(

Yeah--the duct tape makes it much worse.

It's real duct tape, on real children. That's not a joke.

Also, they're in a car, but I see no signs of any children's car seats.

I went to Catholic primary school and used to get my mouth taped daily. Not cool then, still not cool.
That is awful. I'm so sorry that happened that's just... Horrid.
How about "Parents to jail -- because they bad."
Hilarious and I hope to see it soon.

This... unusual person needs a visit from cps stat.

You can't see it in the photo at the top, but the article at the link says you can see tears in the older child's eyes. This breaks my heart

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back