1102 users online (233 members and 869 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    los2188's Avatar
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    From Alaska, but living in Arizona
    Posts
    15,553

    FL - Kayla Otero, 18, Orange County, 15 March 2016

    Family says missing 18-year-old's disappearance is 'suspicious'

    All Kayla Otero left behind early Tuesday was a sloppy note in her bedroom saying she was sorry.

    It's been four days since the homeschooled 18-year-old girl has been seen and family members are worried about what may have happened to her.

    Early Wednesday as her parents got up for work they noticed she had vanished from their Windjammer Lane home. They found their daughter's goodbye note, her bedroom window open and her cell phone on the front lawn.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...319-story.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    628
    Her name sounds so familiar...

    It's concerning that the cell phone was left on the lawn.
    And then I clicked the article link and read about the man she met online. Not good.

    I hope this ends with Kayla coming home safe and sound.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Bloomington IN
    Posts
    4,981

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,750

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    3,701
    Her Facebook;
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010261022067




    "Her father, Angel Otero, said disappearance comes after he found out about her meeting up with a man she met online "

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz43XtNOFex
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    All new members and guests;

    To Websleuths!

    A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    4,119
    Quote Originally Posted by ElemenohP View Post
    Her name sounds so familiar...

    It's concerning that the cell phone was left on the lawn.
    And then I clicked the article link and read about the man she met online. Not good.

    I hope this ends with Kayla coming home safe and sound.
    Might be the Otero last name. Charlie Otero (no relation, I don't think) was a survivor of the BTK killer.

    Sigh. The internet can be so wonderful...and also so horrific.....I hope she's ok.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    3,701
    I feel strongly that the news will break very soon that she has been found safe.
    All new members and guests;

    To Websleuths!

    A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,447
    Her mother posted nearly 24 hours ago saying they'd found Kayla at the house of the man she ran off with.
    Justice for Jennifer


    Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    3,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Dreamer View Post
    Her mother posted nearly 24 hours ago saying they'd found Kayla at the house of the man she ran off with.
    No MSM confirmation though. Can't sleuth family.


    ETA - I cannot find an official poster with LE info. Did LE ever post her missing on FB or anywhere? Might be worth asking them to confirm.
    All new members and guests;

    To Websleuths!

    A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Steleheart View Post
    No MSM confirmation though. Can't sleuth family.


    ETA - I cannot find an official poster with LE info. Did LE ever post her missing on FB or anywhere? Might be worth asking them to confirm.
    My mistake, it was her dad anyway.

    Allegedly she was put on the state's missing person database but she doesn't appear here http://www.ocso.com/missingpersons/t...9/default.aspx or here http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/pers...ersonsSearch.a

    She's 18 so MSM probably won't be too excited about a follow up.
    Justice for Jennifer


    Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    3,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Dreamer View Post
    My mistake, it was her dad anyway.
    Allegedly she was put on the state's missing person database but she doesn't appear here http://www.ocso.com/missingpersons/t...9/default.aspx or here http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/pers...ersonsSearch.a

    She's 18 so MSM probably won't be too excited about a follow up.
    BBM; I know, LOL

    So maybe the reporter on the original MSM article? Was it Sentinel?
    All new members and guests;

    To Websleuths!

    A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information



Similar Threads

  1. Found Alive NY - Colleen Hanley, 44, Orange County, February 2016
    By ElemenohP in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2016, 03:34 AM
  2. WV WV - Kayla Hamilton, 15, Sissonville, 14 March 2016
    By KimBeq in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2016, 09:36 PM
  3. Orange County Anti-Crime March - DA Sponsored
    By Buzz Mills in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 11:55 AM