GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

48 hours now and still missing. Hoping she is just hiding.

I was hoping Paige would be home by now, please come home today. The lack of SM activity from her is very worrying

Oh no! Even it is not Paige, someone has lost a loved one today :(

No confirmation if this is male or female but a body has been found in Clydebank - http://m.clydebankpost.co.uk/news/14373308.Body_found_near_Great_Western_Road_in_Clydebank/ this poor family. I am still hoping this girl is OK

Looking at the FB pages, it seems like Paige has been living in Clydebank (not Glasgow like the thread title suggests). The Help Find Paige FB page posted a map of the area they are looking in today. Great Western Road (where the unidentified body was found) looks like a main thoroughfare with Clydebank between it and the water.

RIP to whomever was found today.

ETA: I readily admit that I don't know Glasgow. Maybe Clydebank is to Glasgow what Brooklyn is to NYC. You can say the larger city and still be correct.

Looking at the FB pages, it seems like Paige has been living in Clydebank (not Glasgow like the thread title suggests). The Help Find Paige FB page posted a map of the area they are looking in today. Great Western Road (where the unidentified body was found) looks like a main thoroughfare with Clydebank between it and the water.

RIP to whomever was found today.

ETA: I readily admit that I don't know Glasgow. Maybe Clydebank is to Glasgow what Brooklyn is to NYC. You can say the larger city and still be correct.

Sorry, my mistake, the first posts I saw on FB mentioned Glasgow. I will change the thread title now!

ETA - I don't seem to able to change it!

I think they should try to find some non-duck-lip photos of her. I assume she doesn't walk around like that 24/7 but those are the only pics!

I live in the area Paige went missing from, if I was speaking to someone not familiar with the area I would say I am from Glasgow.

A few local news outlets have confirmed the body found today is female. I am hoping and praying it is not Paige however finding a body is not a regular occurrence in Clydebank and I do not know of anyone else missing in the area at the moment.

The location of the body found this afternoon is really not far from the street that Paige left on Saturday morning to make her way to an area in East Dunbartonshire. Great Western Road is indeed a main road through Clydebank.

Welcome GlasgowGirl!

Hoping the body is not Paige, but it's still someone's wife/sister/daughter etc.

Also hoping there was no foul play involved :(

A Police Scotland Spokeswoman said: "Around 1245 hours on Monday, March 21, police were called to a report of a female body discovered in a wooded area, behind a path off Great Western Road, in Clydebank.

"A post-mortem is due to take place to establish the exact cause of death but at this time police are treating the death as unexplained. Formal identification has yet to take place. Enquiries are continuing."

The A82 remains closed between the Kilbowie Roundabout and the Drumry Roundabout. Local diversions are in place.

http://m.clydebankpost.co.uk/news/14373308.Body_found_near_Great_Western_Road_in_Clydebank/

Rough map based upon what we've learned from MSM and a post 8 hours ago on the Find Paige FB group "her route we know is she left her friends in angus street whitecrook clydebank walked her usual route thru wood quadrant lane n went to delicious delis on fleming avenue confirming she was just heading to work. the bus stop is a few mins wall from there n she hasnt been been since."

There are numerous bus stops near Delicious Deli so it's hard to work out which one she would have used (unless you're a local) but having looked at the bus times for Saturday morning I would guess it's the bus from the stop near McDonald Crescent.

Looking at the distance between where Paige stayed to where she works, I wonder if she either
1/ Got off the bus early for some reason
2/ Got offered a lift from someone she knew
3/ Got snatched by persons (un)known

:thinking:

Purplepixii I am trying to work out what route Paige would take when going to work. Although there are alot of bus stops on Flemming Avenue and it is one of the main routes for buses through Clydebank, that would be quite a long journey and definitely involve changes onto other buses or trains in order to reach her place of work. There are also train stations in the area within reasonable walking distance.

So it appears that if Paige planned on getting a bus from Flemming Avenue she would then have to change onto at least another two bus routes to reach work, that would take at least 1 hr 50 mins including walking between. However a nearby train station would mean about 1 hour 25 mins in total and only one change onto a bus route. Still quite a journey so not sure 🤔

Purplepixii I am trying to work out what route Paige would take when going to work. Although there are alot of bus stops on Flemming Avenue and it is one of the main routes for buses through Clydebank, that would be quite a long journey and definitely involve changes onto other buses or trains in order to reach her place of work. There are also train stations in the area within reasonable walking distance.

Hiya, I agree, there are numerous bus stops on Flemming Avenue. I went by searching for this in google: bus whitecrook to Kirkintilloch
The top result is a map
Click on the map & it opens in a new window
You can adjust the times by clicking on "Schedule explorer", so I changed the date & time to last Saturday (19th) any time after 08:30 (we know Paige left her friend's house around 08:15)
Change "route options" to Bus

Judging by what I saw, the bus would go into central Glasgow & Paige would have to have changed to another bus there. Shortest journey time on the bus is just over an hour. Quite a route for a teenager to take to go to work!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back