Parents forget son, 5, at park

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
The Roy family came to the city for a Sunday outing: a visit to Largo Central Park and its Bluegrass Strings and Crafty Things festival. But the Roys accidentally left someone behind: 5-year-old Jonathan Roy, who was found wandering Largo Central Park looking for them.

Robert Roy told police he saw all 10 of his children heading toward their blue van when they left the park, Largo police Sgt. Ryan Dulski said.

"The dad said he saw them all following him and thought they got in," Dulski said.

But Roy, 53, and his family drove home to St. Petersburg without Jonathan.

About 2:16 p.m., Jonathan was found wandering the park.

Police tried to find his parents but had little to go on.

Jonathan wasn't sure of his parents' names and didn't know his address or phone number.

He did remember that he came to the event in a blue van, but officers had no luck running the license plates of similar vehicles in the parking areas.

Several announcements about the missing boy were issued over the loudspeaker but got no response. Police walked the park with the child for a bit, hoping to find somebody he recognized.

About an hour later, police brought Jonathan to the station.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/10/04/Northpinellas/Parents_forget_son__5.shtml

10 kids??? They better come up with a system of counting and recounting. That's half a classroom of kids! When I take my 10 girl scouts anywhere I always count them. Geez...

Remember when Lee and Jackie left Scott at a restruant????? GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING...

Hey, Gabby - I don't remember that, tell me more?

Scott was left in a restaurant??

My parents left me at a store when I was 5. I remember we took the trip from Gilroy California to San Jose to a huge shopping mall. My parents had 6 children. I don't know how they forgot me but they were half way home when they realized I wasn't with them. I remember the people at the mall trying to be nice and giving me a lollipop but all I wanted was my mommy and my daddy. I left my oldest son when he was about 4 or 5 at the church. Only for about 3 minutes before I realized he had not gotten in and buckled up. So it happens to the best of us. Luckily there was no harm done to the child.

I left my kid at a resturant for one of my birthday meals, and he's my only kid!!!

Seriously, there were 3 cars full of people, and we all thought he was in a different car.

Hee hee - boy was he pissed...

Casshew said:
Hey, Gabby - I don't remember that, tell me more?

Scott was left in a restaurant??

When they were telling about what a good kid Scott was they said that one time they left a restaurant and realised that Scott was still in there.

We left one of ours at church one time, he caught a ride home. Having to call the roll before and after outings has been a habit, now. Glad to be "mostly empty nest"-ing now. The remaining few can do what teens can do.
Imagine how many teenagers at once the 10 kid family will have!

How about an atendance checklist if you have 10 kids.........

I am happy to say that I have ever forgotten any of my kids anywhere, thank Goodness.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back