1260 users online (252 members and 1008 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Canada - Shanyel Swiftwolfe, 13, Moosomin First Nation, SK, 19 March 2016

missing-girl-swiftwolfe-north-battleford.jpeg
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...2016-1.3500499
    Police are asking for the public's help in finding a missing 13-year-old girl who was last seen on Saturday morning.

Shanyel Swiftwolfe, who's from the Moosomin First Nation,​ was reported missing Saturday afternoon after not returning home from the North Battleford Field House.

Shanyel Swiftwolfe was reported missing the afternoon of Saturday, March 19, when she didn’t come home from the field house in North Battleford. Investigators believe she’s either still in the Battlefords, or in Saskatoon.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Battlefords RCMP at 306-446-1720, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or online, at www.saskcrimestoppers.com . People can also submit tips by text: TIP206 and your tip to CRIMES (274637).
    http://www.battlefordsnow.com/articl...ng-battlefords

Wonder if the missing girl is related in some way to this spokesperson?

May 2015
    http://globalnews.ca/news/1978864/fi...persons-cases/

The missing persons liaison and assistant coordinator of victim services for the Saskatoon Police department explained that she doesn’t let her 15 year old daughter go to school on her own.

“At least that way I know she’s at school; I know where she is. She knows she’s supposed to stay in school until I pick her up after,” she said. “That fear is there because I am a mother and I do have daughters and just the fact that they’re Aboriginal raises that concern for me.”

Swiftwolfe said she’s raised her daughter to stand up for herself, but doesn’t trust other people in the community will watch out for her: “Sometimes people in the community have a tendency to turn a blind eye to something that’s occurring.”

There are 122 people missing in Saskatchewan. The majority are children and youth, mostly runaways.

“At least that way I know she’s at school; I know where she is. She knows she’s supposed to stay in school until I pick her up after,” she said. “That fear is there because I am a mother and I do have daughters and just the fact that they’re Aboriginal raises that concern for me.”

I'm confused by this statement. I sure hope Shanyel is hiding out with a friend. She's only 13! It's frightening. Please come home Shanyel!

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post

I'm confused by this statement. I sure hope Shanyel is hiding out with a friend. She's only 13! It's frightening. Please come home Shanyel!
    I'm assuming she's referring to the large amount of aboriginal women who are missing in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by nitsirk View Post
    I'm assuming she's referring to the large amount of aboriginal women who are missing in Canada.
    This! I always feel a tiny extra twinge of dread when I read that someone missing is an aboriginal/first nation female. I wish I didn't, but it is what it is; it doesn't do anyone any good to deny the truth.

I hope this young lady is found safe.
    I do sometimes cringe when I hear that a first nation/aboriginal female goes missing. Just because sadly they are least likely to be found. Sad but true😢

Quote Originally Posted by nitsirk View Post
    Thanks for the clarification!

Today the new federal budget was announced. A large chunk of money is going towards an inquiry into missing Aboriginal women in Canada.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Shanyel has been found safe. No other info.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/s...2016-1.3500499

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

That's great..