MO MO - Tracy Ramsey, 20, Kansas City, 30 Oct 1984

Shelby

Reaction score
TRACY LYNN RAMSEY (last name sometimes listed as Snow)

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: October 30, 1984 from Kansas City, Missouri
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: October 27, 1964
Height and Weight: 5'7, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Red hair, blue eyes. Ramsey may use the last name Snow, and some agencies refer to her by that name. Her nickname is Big Red. Ramsey's hair was shoulder-length at the time of her disappearance. She had previously broken her left arm; the injury had healed by the time she disappeared but may show up in an X-ray. All of her teeth are missing.
Clothing Description: A blue denim jacket with green sleeves, a blue football jersey with his last name "Ramsay" imprinted on the back in gold letters, stonewashed jeans and black high-top tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance
Ramsey was last seen walking away from her parents' residence in the vicinity of Elmwood Avenue and the 4600 block of east 9th street in Kansas City, Missouri on October 30, 1984, three days after her twentieth birthday. She was planning to go speak to a neighbor. She may have been seen at 6:00 p.m. that day walking south on Van Brunt Boulevard from Independence Avenue, in the direction of her parents' home, but Ramsey never arrived there and the sighting has not been confirmed. She has never been heard from again.
Ramsey was last seen wearing blue jeans, a blue and white striped knit shirt, blue tennis shoes, an ankle-length brown leather coat, a gold wedding band and another ring. She carried a red cigarette case. She left behind two small children and her family says it is uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Foul play is suspected in Ramsey's disappearance, which remains unsolved. <taken from charleyproject.org>

this case has always bothered me because she was only 20 years old and she left behind 2 children... and all she did was walk up the street to a neighbour's house supposedly. I find it odd also that she had no teeth..?

If anyone has any information on this case feel free to post.

TRACY LYNN RAMSEY (last name sometimes listed as Snow)

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: October 30, 1984 from Kansas City, Missouri
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: October 27, 1964
Height and Weight: 5'7, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Red hair, blue eyes. Ramsey may use the last name Snow, and some agencies refer to her by that name. Her nickname is Big Red. Ramsey's hair was shoulder-length at the time of her disappearance. She had previously broken her left arm; the injury had healed by the time she disappeared but may show up in an X-ray. All of her teeth are missing.
Clothing Description: A blue denim jacket with green sleeves, a blue football jersey with his last name "Ramsay" imprinted on the back in gold letters, stonewashed jeans and black high-top tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance
Ramsey was last seen walking away from her parents' residence in the vicinity of Elmwood Avenue and the 4600 block of east 9th street in Kansas City, Missouri on October 30, 1984, three days after her twentieth birthday. She was planning to go speak to a neighbor. She may have been seen at 6:00 p.m. that day walking south on Van Brunt Boulevard from Independence Avenue, in the direction of her parents' home, but Ramsey never arrived there and the sighting has not been confirmed. She has never been heard from again.
Ramsey was last seen wearing blue jeans, a blue and white striped knit shirt, blue tennis shoes, an ankle-length brown leather coat, a gold wedding band and another ring. She carried a red cigarette case. She left behind two small children and her family says it is uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Foul play is suspected in Ramsey's disappearance, which remains unsolved. <taken from charleyproject.org>

this case has always bothered me because she was only 20 years old and she left behind 2 children... and all she did was walk up the street to a neighbour's house supposedly. I find it odd also that she had no teeth..?

If anyone has any information on this case feel free to post.

When my wife & I stayed at the Hope Lodge (for cancer patients to stay while obtaining treatment) in St. Louis, MO this year we met a red haired lady with no teeth (as well as we can remember) & she somewhat resembles an older version of the pic of her listed at kcpd.org except except she was sort of odd acting (as if suffering the results from years of drink or drug abuse) although she was a nice person. She went by the name of Barbara & said she was from Florida and worked only on a part time basis at the front desk at Hope Lodge. She probably isn't the same person but the resemblance was close enough to cause me to remark on it. I hope the real person gets found and is safe.

wow thats really interesting... thanks for sharing... it seems like case has absolutely no leads or evidence or anything... its another one of those cases where they seemingly "vanish into thin air".

I have an interest in this because i believe it has a tie to her next door neighbor being murdered (fawn cox) 2 years later and have a really strong feeling that there was a predator living nearby who viewed both these girls on a regular basis.
I have the city directory showing who was living in the area at the time and have several theories.
Because I park on layover (Bus Route)everyday at this spot I have put much thought into these two cases.

Black x = Tracy's parents house.
Blue x = Fawn Cox murder 5 years after Tracy's disappearance.
Red Line - Tracy's probable route thru alley to her parents house.
Houses with inconspicuous access to both girls.

137344_t1273586.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Could of course be a coincidence that these events are located so close together.

That map is interesting. Your theory of a neighbor predator seems logical. I guess you would need a list of who lived in those other houses and the surrounding houses at that time. Was there DNA found in the Fawn Cox murder? I think she is listed in the Cold Case Squad page, forward the map to them as they have records to lookup the neighbors.

I have been trying to talk to someone for years about this case but nobody listens to me or responds back, and its really sad, i did not know Fawn Cox but I know things about this case and i google her name at least five times a year to see if any new developments have came about, and i just now found this site, surpised it took me so long. "Now to Fawn Cox dear young beautiful lady, we did not know each other but we are closer than people know and I'm still trying, but nobody wants to listen to me, but I will keep trying until they get "him" or we meet in Heaven which ever comes first, you are in my thoughts daily"

I was just thinking today - there are only two plausible scenarios for this crime.
1 Someone followed Fawn home from work at Worlds of Fun amusement park that day and waited for the opportunity to break in.
2 Someone lived nearby(maybe directly behind her house) and plotted this crime for a while.
The location of her house makes a spontaneous break-in and attack seem unlikely, as they obviously new that she slept in the second floor bedroom and they obviously new who she was.
This case grieves me much also as this young girl attended the high school that i drive a bus for and also attended my church home (Sheffields) and she was attacked in what should have been the safety and sanctuary of her home.

According to news reports, some people were charged for this crime but the charges were dropped.
I have no idea who they were or why police came to suspect them and since this is an open case, i wouldn't bother asking.

I was a friend of Fawn's in high school. It was devastating and a complete shock that summer. She was the sweetest person. She was truly nice to everyone and always smiling. Rumors were that she was killed by the older brother of one of our classmates. I don't want to say her full name but, the last name is Yates. I cannot remember the brother's first name and I'm not even sure if he shares the same last name. I only heard he was a suspect but, LE was unable to get enough evidence against him. Also, it was rumored there were several guys present during her attack, that she was friends with them (possibly dating one) and that they belonged to the Northeast area gang called the Ninth Street Dogs. They threw many items out the window into the backyard such a her stereo but, left everything there in the yard so possibly attempting a robbery or just causing destruction. Fawn was found strangled with her nightgown. Her family was sleeping downstairs in the air conditioned living room and did not hear anything over the loud unit. Her best friend lived across the street and in Fawn's bedroom was a picture of her and written across it said "You're next."

What I wonder today is do they have a DNA sample and have they attempted to use modern day DNA technology?

Based on new info, It seems that my prior theories may be wrong - live and learn.

Thank you for caring so much about my sisters case. Do any of you know anything more on her case. More than I know. Like any knowledge on who could of killed my loving sister. Can you use your real names because you can probably help the case on any thing you know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back