1151 users online (218 members and 933 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Mohammed Ali, 18, London, 20 March 2016

Mohammed Ali, 18, was last seen being driven away in a car at around 11.40pm on Sunday, but he is thought to have escaped and his whereabouts remain unknown.

Two other alleged victims, who were also in the car, raised the alarm and were later found safe by police. Two men, aged 34 and 25, were arrested by detectives on suspicion of kidnap, and are in custody at a north London police station.

Police say, “Officers have since spoken to a man they believe to be Mohammed, on his mobile phone number, but are urging him to return home so they can confirm he is safe and unharmed. At this time, Mohammed said he was in the Essex area.”

They are also appealing for anyone who has seen Ali or who knows of his whereabouts to contact officers in Enfield CID via 101. He is described as a black man, with short dark hair and a goatee linked to sideburns.

1575.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...uction-attempt

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Mohammed Ali, 18, was last seen being driven away in a car at around 11.40pm on Sunday, but he is thought to have escaped and his whereabouts remain unknown.

Two other alleged victims, who were also in the car, raised the alarm and were later found safe by police. Two men, aged 34 and 25, were arrested by detectives on suspicion of kidnap, and are in custody at a north London police station.

Police say, “Officers have since spoken to a man they believe to be Mohammed, on his mobile phone number, but are urging him to return home so they can confirm he is safe and unharmed. At this time, Mohammed said he was in the Essex area.”

They are also appealing for anyone who has seen Ali or who knows of his whereabouts to contact officers in Enfield CID via 101. He is described as a black man, with short dark hair and a goatee linked to sideburns.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...uction-attempt
    If he escaped unharmed, why do they have to urge him to return home?

There's a lot missing from this story.
    JMO. MOO.

Quote Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
    If he escaped unharmed, why do they have to urge him to return home?

There's a lot missing from this story.
    I believe they want to know that he is alive and well, and that the man over the phone is really him.

I'm sure they are also interested in speaking to him about the kidnapping.

All sounds a bit dramatic! Hope he is ok.... marking my spot

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    I believe they want to know that he is alive and well, and that the man over the phone is really him.

I'm sure they are also interested in speaking to him about the kidnapping.
    Well, yeah. But why isn't he coming home? Why do they have to "urge" him to come home? Don't most kidnap victims want to go home as soon as they escape?
    JMO. MOO.

Quote Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
    Well, yeah. But why isn't he coming home? Why do they have to "urge" him to come home? Don't most kidnap victims want to go home as soon as they escape?
    There must be more to the story.

Complete speculation on my part, but could he be afraid to return home because he is aware that this recent kidnapping is part of something larger that is nefarious? Are there others still out there wishing to do him harm?

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    Complete speculation on my part, but could he be afraid to return home because he is aware that this recent kidnapping is part of something larger that is nefarious? Are there others still out there wishing to do him harm?
    Could be. There are other possibilities too. Way too much info is missing from the story to draw any conclusions. But clearly there's a lot more to the story that hasn't been revealed yet.
    JMO. MOO.

Oy! This could be sooooo many things. Hate to even get my mind to go there. Especially with the attacks of today😔

'Abducted' teenager found safe and well

A teenager believed to have been abducted by kidnappers has been found safe and well, police said.

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/abdu...11364047685593

Metropolitan Police have since confirmed the search for Mr Ali has been stood down after police located the teenager.

That's great, I hope he stays safe and well..