1103 users online (184 members and 919 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hippiemomof5...that was sort of the question I was getting at...where DID they "go hunting"? I have checked to see if they ever gave destinations to LE...I just can't find where either of them stated they went hunting and then actually gave a destination and offered an alibi for arriving at said place. It has made me wonder about how strict LE was about checking out these "alibis". Usually, a solid alibi has to be exactly that...solid.

Here are ST statements about going hunting and seeing BoD.
    http://https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6m...Jh2lmwxua?dl=0

clip from ST's statement Nov 10
    ST statement Nov 10.PNG

clip from ST's statement Nov 29th
    ST statement Nov 29.PNG

His March 2006 statement doesn't mention hunting at all.

Thank you for finding that! I'm not sure that's what I'd read before but when I tried searching on my own, I came up with nothing.

I thought ST spent the day visiting his mother at the hospital?

And both BoD and ST were deer hunting? I thought I just read deer hunting didn't start yet. In PA, I'm pretty certain deer hunting starts the Monday following Thanksgiving. If you're shooting now and arrow, I think it's earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippiemomof5 View Post
    Thank you for finding that! I'm not sure that's what I'd read before but when I tried searching on my own, I came up with nothing.

I thought ST spent the day visiting his mother at the hospital?

And both BoD and ST were deer hunting? I thought I just read deer hunting didn't start yet. In PA, I'm pretty certain deer hunting starts the Monday following Thanksgiving. If you're shooting now and arrow, I think it's earlier.
    I posted a link earlier, small game and birds start before deer season. Deer Season starts around the 2nd-3rd week of November in WI.

Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    clip from ST's statement Nov 10

clip from ST's statement Nov 29th

His March 2006 statement doesn't mention hunting at all.
    Thanks--you always have these things at your fingertips--where the rest of us have to go back and think of where we might have read that!

Talk about confusing lol. I believe BoD was hunting geese? The deer was hit by a vehicle, not hunted.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOL View Post
    Both provided such confusing, conflicting, and contradictory testimony to their own respective sworn statements to LE that the factual evidentiary credibility of their final court testimony is about nil. The Defense's theory of the crime endeavored to get that across to the jury but failed. The Court contributed to that failure by denying the Defense to admit damaging third-party evidence, arguing that none of the proposed suspects met the Denny third-party liability "smell test".
    Much muddying of the waters imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    Thanks--you always have these things at your fingertips--where the rest of us have to go back and think of where we might have read that!
    you have no idea how many bookmarks I have LOL

As for what kind of hunting, IIRC He was bow hunting.... for deer, according to his testimony. Day 3, page 40

Q Where did you go hunting that day?

A It was actually maybe two miles up the road from my

house.

Q What kind of hunting was it?

A Deer hunting. Bow hunting.

I guess maybe what is throwing me off about the whole "going hunting" thing is that it is done very differently down here. (SE Texas) My entire family hunts and both of my kids have been getting on a deer stand since age 3 so I'm pretty familiar with hunting, at least how its done in my area. Basically you get with a group of people and pay to lease vast areas of undeveloped land to hunt on. When we go to the "deer lease", its for several days and we set up camp and stay. I guess that's why the whole "bow hunting in the backyard" seemed odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    you have no idea how many bookmarks I have LOL

As for what kind of hunting, IIRC He was bow hunting.... for deer, according to his testimony. Day 3, page 40

Q Where did you go hunting that day?

A It was actually maybe two miles up the road from my

house.

Q What kind of hunting was it?

A Deer hunting. Bow hunting.
    Which conflicts with what BD said up at Crivitz. Wonder why that is

I was meaning to post this last night, but lost my internet connection. ST says he "believed" he passed BoD by the Christmas Tree Farm. (See Missy's post above) He was traveling WEST and BoD was traveling EAST.

My issue is that the Christmas Tree Farm is WEST of Avery's. Why would BoD be on 147 traveling EAST when he was WEST of Avery Road--IF he was WEST of Avery Road. Where was he coming from--it certainly was not the Avery Property then?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Snippets from BD's interview on Nov 6th at Crivitz

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    I was meaning to post this last night, but lost my internet connection. ST says he "believed" he passed BoD by the Christmas Tree Farm. (See Missy's post above) He was traveling WEST and BoD was traveling EAST.

My issue is that the Christmas Tree Farm is WEST of Avery's. Why would BoD be on 147 traveling EAST when he was WEST of Avery Road--IF he was WEST of Avery Road. Where was he coming from--it certainly was not the Avery Property then?
    Good point. Looks like the two LE investigators in Missy's link failed miserably to pick up on what you have noted. I'm also surprised that attorneys Buting and Strang did not seek Court's approval to treat both BD and ST has hostile witnesses.

Huh.... didn't even notice the east/west thing LOL Are we sure that is ST's residence on that map? If BoD only drove 2 miles and he was in ST's 'backyard'..... that looks like more than 2 miles? LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast