Bosma Murder Trial 03.23.16 - Day 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News

Also, check this site for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Tim Bosma trial: Dellen Millard's roommate to testify
CBC News Posted: Mar 23, 2016

tim_bosma-size-xxlarge-letterbox1.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

link

Jurors are expected to hear, Wednesday, from the roommate of Dellen Millard, one of the two men accused of murder in the death of Hamilton's Tim Bosma.

​On Tuesday jurors heard testimony from one of two women Crown prosecutors say were in a relationship with Millard around the time Bosma disappeared.

Follow our live coverage starting at 10 a.m.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

Court now in session, just waiting on the jury.
by Adam Carter 10:03 AM

Is the public allowed to also attend when there are just legal arguments without the jury scheduled for the day?

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...or-bosma-murder/ar-BBqNQOd?li=AAggFp5#image=4

“I called my friend who is a lawyer and he said I didn’t have to speak with police,” Whidden said Tuesday.She declined to turn over her cellphone, she said, because she needed it for work as a real estate agent.

“They put me in handcuffs and took my belongings,” she testified. “They made me bleed, actually.

“They took my purse. They took my phone.”

MOO is that if you being uncooperative in a missing person/possible murder case, the Police are not going to be so nice to you. If you do cooperate, I am sure the police would be much more accommodating. My belief is if she had let them view her phone willingly, they would have aided her in getting another phone to use while they had her current cell in their possession. Now fair enough, when you have no idea what this is all about and you refuse to talk to protect your lover, fair enough we all have that right and it is the law. But after time has passed and you are now privy to some more facts, namely a man who was murdered and taken from his family over a truck....it's time to have a sit down with the crown, even if you still believe in his innocence. You do the right thing for this family that has lost their loved one. The mutual hook up affair is over. Despicable behavior MOO

Jury now being recalled.
by Adam Carter 10:23 AM

The first witness is Robert Bochenek.
by Adam Carter 10:25 AM

He's 25, and is a plumber.
by Adam Carter 10:26 AM

He's a childhood friend of Andrew Michelski, who knows Millard.
by Adam Carter 10:27 AM

At one point, he lived with Millard at 5 Maplegate Court in Toronto. He moved in in mid April of 2013.
by Adam Carter 10:27 AM

Did *everyone* live at Maplegate at some point or another??

He says he moved out the following Saturday after Millard was arrested -- so he lived there for about a month.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

Michelski also lived there at that time.
by Adam Carter 10:29 AM

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...or-bosma-murder/ar-BBqNQOd?li=AAggFp5#image=4

“I called my friend who is a lawyer and he said I didn’t have to speak with police,” Whidden said Tuesday.She declined to turn over her cellphone, she said, because she needed it for work as a real estate agent.

“They put me in handcuffs and took my belongings,” she testified. “They made me bleed, actually.

“They took my purse. They took my phone.”

MOO is that if you being uncooperative in a missing person/possible murder case, the Police are not going to be so nice to you. If you do cooperate, I am sure the police would be much more accommodating. My belief is if she had let them view her phone willingly, they would have aided her in getting another phone to use while they had her current cell in their possession. Now fair enough, when you have no idea what this is all about and you refuse to talk to protect your lover, fair enough we all have that right and it is the law. But after time has passed and you are now privy to some more facts, namely a man who was murdered and taken from his family over a truck....it's time to have a sit down with the crown, even if you still believe in his innocence. You do the right thing for this family that has lost their loved one. The mutual hook up affair is over. Despicable behavior MOO

I think you make some very good points. Granted we only get part of the testimony but our impressions of people are formulated pretty quickly. She doesn't come off as a professional to me. Not sure I can pinpoint exactly why I feel that way but her testimony seems to be less than professional, so to speak. The association with DM doesn't help either. All the people around him seem to be cut from a similar cloth so in my mind why would she be any different... MOO

He says he knew Millard before he moved in, but they didn't see each other too often -- maybe once or twice a month.
by Adam Carter 10:29 AM

They were living with Millard by paying the utilities.
by Adam Carter 10:30 AM

He didn't end up paying any portion of the rent.
by Adam Carter 10:30 AM

Bochenek says he knew Millard for about four years before he moved in.
by Adam Carter 10:31 AM

His bedroom was in the basement, Millard's was on the main floor.

Bochenek says he put a lock on his door in the basement.

Wonder if DM was charging any of these many renters? Or does this guy just not like being alone?

ETA: info added to the above post now lol
Paid utilities.

He says he saw Millard drive a dark blue Yukon SUV and a red Dodge pickup.
by Adam Carter 10:32 AM

Bochenek says he sometimes saw Millard's girlfriend Christina Noudga at the house.
by Adam Carter 10:33 AM

He says he was out of the house most nights of the week playing sports. "You have the misfortune or otherwise of being a Toronto Maple Leafs fan?" Assistant Crown Brett Moodie asks. Big laugh in the courtroom (less so from this reporter as a long suffering Leafs fan).
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

Bochenek responds yes, to that.
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

I am a strong believer that DM was asset rich and very cash poor....likely had the roommates to assist with bill payment....now that the properties have been liquidated and debt on loans has been paid I suspect with current legal bills, cash is running low....hopefully if a correct judgement is handed down this will mean no appeal.

Moodie now asking about a vacation Bochenek took to Jamaica. Now asking if he ever met Mark Smich, he says no.
by Adam Carter 10:36 AM

Now asking about the week of May 6, 2013 -- when Bosma disappeared. He came back from Jamaica on Sat, May 4.
by Adam Carter 10:37 AM

On Sunday, May 5, Bochenek says he played Tennis, Soccer -- then went back to the house. He saw Millard and Smich then, he says.
by Adam Carter 10:40 AM

He says that's the first time he ever met Smich. "I guess there was an introduction ... I can't really remember how it went," he says.
by Adam Carter 10:42 AM

Bochenek says he was just there to grab something with a friend of his and then take off again.
by Adam Carter 10:43 AM

He played hockey then in Scarborough then that evening.
by Adam Carter 10:43 AM

After the game that night, he slept at a friend's place because he didn't want to drive back to Etobicoke.
by Adam Carter 10:45 AM

Now asking about May 6 -- when Bosma disappeared. Bochenek says he had taken that day off work.
by Adam Carter 10:45 AM

He says he went golfing that day with a friend in Markham.
by Adam Carter 10:46 AM

That day Michelski called him, asking to be picked up from his job.
by Adam Carter 10:47 AM

He was working near Pearson airport, Bochenek says.
by Adam Carter 10:48 AM

"He had lost his licence at the time, so I drove him whenever he could."
by Adam Carter 10:48 AM

Michelski had just gotten his licence back, so he was driving him to get his car -- at the MillardAir hangar in Waterloo.
by Adam Carter 10:49 AM

He picked up Michelski around 5 p.m., he says. Then started the drive to Millard's hangar.
by Adam Carter 10:50 AM

He says Millard texted him at some point about a road block or traffic jam.
by Adam Carter 10:51 AM

The text was about directions in Toronto -- but Bochenek says he didn't know what they were about.
by Adam Carter 10:53 AM

The two got to the hangar around 6:30 p.m. Shane Schlatman was there at the time. He had done repairs on Michelski's vehicle. Schlatman also looked at Bochenek's car as he was having some issues.
by Adam Carter 10:55 AM

They were at the hangar for about an hour.

Bochenek says he took some videos while they were there. The court is now going to see them.

First video shows a red Camaro in the hangar. Schlatman can be seen next to it.
by Adam Carter 10:57 AM

Michelski can also been seen.
by Adam Carter 10:57 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads