904 users online (169 members and 735 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Canada - Chase Martens, 2, Austin, MB, 22 March 2016

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...toba-1.3503775
    Searchers are looking for a two-year-old boy missing since Tuesday evening, when he was last seen playing outside his home.

Chase Martens hasn't been seen since about 6 p.m. on Tuesday at his rural home near Austin, Man.
    chase-martens.jpg
    He is described as 2˝ feet tall and 30 pounds with blue eyes and light brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue jacket, black splash pants, a red hat and boots that light up as he walks. (Courtesy RCMP)

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...373212371.html

More than 200 searchers scoured the Austin area overnight, looking for a two-year-old boy last seen at 6 p.m. Tuesday.
    The RCMP is asking members of the public travelling in the area of Highway 34 and Austin to be on the lookout for the missing boy.

Austin is 110 kilometers west of Winnipeg.
    rbbm.

Oh no! Not another 2 year old.

"More than 200 searchers were involved in efforts overnight to locate the boy and the search is continuing this morning."

"RCMP will provide an update on the search at 11:30 a.m. CST in Austin. They are urging anyone travelling in the area of Highway 34 and Austin to be on the lookout for Martens."

Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Oh gosh, in a rural area. And we've seen how fast a little one can travel. Please let this little one be found safe.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    Oh no! Not another 2 year old.

"More than 200 searchers were involved in efforts overnight to locate the boy and the search is continuing this morning."

"RCMP will provide an update on the search at 11:30 a.m. CST in Austin. They are urging anyone travelling in the area of Highway 34 and Austin to be on the lookout for Martens."

My thought exactly! Not another missing child. Prayers!

Here is Austin on a map. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Au...eda3a20b094cf3

They are urging anyone traveling in the area of Highway 34 and Austin to be on the lookout for Martens.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Oddly..

An Amber Alert has not been issued at this time. There are specific criteria that must be met before police activate the alert procedures. According to the RCMP:

An AMBER Alert is intended only for the most serious, time-critical abduction cases
    An AMBER Alert is not used for cases involving runaways or parental abduction, except in life-threatening situations
    http://globalnews.ca/news/2595501/rc...-year-old-boy/

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    I hope that the 'police dogs" they are using include trained blood hounds that can track this little guy reliably.

He is described as 2˝ feet tall and 30 pounds with blue eyes and light brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue jacket, black splash pants, a red hat and boots that light up as he walks. (Courtesy RCMP)
    Oh no..another baby missing...** Searchers and LE look PAST the search area!!! Go far out!** These 2 years can move on those little legs!
    We can find this one!! Prayers going up. Bring Chase home!
    “Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive” - Sir Walter Scott
    *This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.*

Sleuthing for Little Miss Christmas (JonBenét Ramsey)
    Sleuthing for Bella Nevaeh Bond (MA Baby Doe)
    Where is William Tyrrell and Deorr Kunz?! Still missing!

Sleuthing for ALL victims. Be the voice. Keep their stories alive--esp the missing!
    Long live Websleuths.

Oh NOOO. He was outside all night? It is very cold in Manitoba at night. Poor baby. I hope he found a warm safe hiding place.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I hope he is still wearing those light up shoes. That's a plus. I hope he was able to curl up somewhere warm. Poor little guy!
    “Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive” - Sir Walter Scott
    *This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.*

Sleuthing for Little Miss Christmas (JonBenét Ramsey)
    Sleuthing for Bella Nevaeh Bond (MA Baby Doe)
    Where is William Tyrrell and Deorr Kunz?! Still missing!

Sleuthing for ALL victims. Be the voice. Keep their stories alive--esp the missing!
    Long live Websleuths.

I hope they find him fast.

Gah! Sometimes I get really frustrated with the amber alert criteria. Is there any evidence it was a parental abduction? I haven't seen any... If not, then how is a missing 2 year old in that cold not a critical, time-sensitive case? �� I'm about to have a 2 yo and a newborn, and these cases are starting to make me doubt the sanity of that. Please let him be found!!!
    "Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love the truth."
    Without links, I'm just speaking IMHO and IME, and it's subject to growth and change

A missing 2 yr old!
    Maybe the amber alert needs to be updated to provide the extra set of eyes needed to find these little ones.
    How do we know at the time one of them becomes missing if an abduction may be involved?
    The weather up there is dangerously cold which certainly is a life threatening situation.
    I don't know how cold it was last night, but found this for this morning.

Weather: 19°F (-7°C), Wind NE at 3 mph (5 km/h), 58% Humidity
    Local time: Wednesday 10:25 AM

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Oh NOOO. He was outside all night? It is very cold in Manitoba at night. Poor baby. I hope he found a warm safe hiding place.
    How cold was it, do you know? It wasn't real cold in PA, but they are so much further north.
    "In a time of universal deceit -- telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast