Found Deceased Canada - Chase Martens, 2, Austin, MB, 22 March 2016

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/chase-martens-missing-boy-austin-manitoba-1.3503775
Searchers are looking for a two-year-old boy missing since Tuesday evening, when he was last seen playing outside his home.

Chase Martens hasn't been seen since about 6 p.m. on Tuesday at his rural home near Austin, Man.

chase-martens.jpg
He is described as 2½ feet tall and 30 pounds with blue eyes and light brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue jacket, black splash pants, a red hat and boots that light up as he walks. (Courtesy RCMP)

Oh gosh, in a rural area. And we've seen how fast a little one can travel. Please let this little one be found safe.

Oh no! Not another 2 year old. :(

"More than 200 searchers were involved in efforts overnight to locate the boy and the search is continuing this morning."

"RCMP will provide an update on the search at 11:30 a.m. CST in Austin. They are urging anyone travelling in the area of Highway 34 and Austin to be on the lookout for Martens."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/chase-martens-missing-boy-austin-manitoba-1.3503775

My thought exactly! Not another missing child. Prayers!

He is described as 2½ feet tall and 30 pounds with blue eyes and light brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue jacket, black splash pants, a red hat and boots that light up as he walks. (Courtesy RCMP)

Oh no..another baby missing...** Searchers and LE look PAST the search area!!! Go far out!** These 2 years can move on those little legs!
We can find this one!! Prayers going up. Bring Chase home! :praying:

Oh NOOO. He was outside all night? It is very cold in Manitoba at night. Poor baby. I hope he found a warm safe hiding place. :candle:

I hope he is still wearing those light up shoes. That's a plus. I hope he was able to curl up somewhere warm. Poor little guy! :facepalm:

Gah! Sometimes I get really frustrated with the amber alert criteria. Is there any evidence it was a parental abduction? I haven't seen any... If not, then how is a missing 2 year old in that cold not a critical, time-sensitive case? �� I'm about to have a 2 yo and a newborn, and these cases are starting to make me doubt the sanity of that. Please let him be found!!!

A missing 2 yr old!
Maybe the amber alert needs to be updated to provide the extra set of eyes needed to find these little ones.
How do we know at the time one of them becomes missing if an abduction may be involved?
The weather up there is dangerously cold which certainly is a life threatening situation.
I don't know how cold it was last night, but found this for this morning.

Weather: 19°F (-7°C), Wind NE at 3 mph (5 km/h), 58% Humidity
Local time: Wednesday 10:25 AM

Oh NOOO. He was outside all night? It is very cold in Manitoba at night. Poor baby. I hope he found a warm safe hiding place. :candle:

How cold was it, do you know? It wasn't real cold in PA, but they are so much further north.

Gah! Sometimes I get really frustrated with the amber alert criteria. Is there any evidence it was a parental abduction? I haven't seen any... If not, then how is a missing 2 year old in that cold not a critical, time-sensitive case? �� I'm about to have a 2 yo and a newborn, and these cases are starting to make me doubt the sanity of that. Please let him be found!!!

Looks like we were both posting the same thoughts.

A missing 2 yr old!
Maybe the amber alert needs to be updated to provide the extra set of eyes needed to find these little ones.
How do we know at the time one of them becomes missing if an abduction may be involved?
The weather up there is dangerously cold which certainly is a life threatening situation.
I don't know how cold it was last night, but found this for this morning.

Weather: 19°F (-7°C), Wind NE at 3 mph (5 km/h), 58% Humidity
Local time: Wednesday 10:25 AM

Yeah, Ive never understood that. AmberAlert criteria per their official page states that "AMBER plans require law enforcement to confirm an abduction prior to issuing an alert." By the time they find out it IS an abduction, too much time is lost. You have the best chance of recovery in 24-48 hours. These are just statistics regarding abduction. They should go on the grounds of "Plans require a child be at risk for serious bodily harm or death before an alert can be issued" and ditch the confirmed abduction part. JMO.

Source:
http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

How cold was it, do you know? It wasn't real cold in PA, but they are so much further north.
Wunderground.com says yesterday's low was -6.8C, however they have the current temp at -4.8C, and all the other sources say -9, soooo... That may not be accurate. It's the only thing I could find for yesterday though. I think 5-10 degrees below zero C is a safe bet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back