Toronto Suburb, mysterious illness killls 16, 38 still hospitalized

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
This is effecting residents of Seven Oaks Seniors home in Scarborough, which is a city just eastof Toronto.

6 seniors died yesterday, 10 more in the days before... 38 still in hospital - this is one resitant respitory illness and the hospital cannont pin down what it is.

Scary stuff

O/T Noel's Dad lives in Scarborough and I lived there for 15 years (during the Scarborough Rapist scare with Paul Bernardo :eek: )

It is not legionnairs, or SARS and they have been working around the clock to try and identify it, the "suspected" cause may be a type of "rouge" flu.

They have test for SARS and legionnaires.......and could identify it as such........they have not been able to identify this to date and this has been since September 29, 2005

Thanks Cyber, I know that there have been several incidents of "Legionaires" over the years making people ill that have taken some time to track down the source, e.g. a/c ducts, water fountains, etc. I just wondered.

I hope they identify it soon.

BarnGoddess said:
Something like Legionaires? My first thought was not SARS
BarnGoddess you are 100% correct, what has killed all these people is Legionaires, confirmed just now

Please accept my apologies, it was Legionnaire's...........but there has been no new cases in the last few day(Thank Godness)

But the only way they found this out was through autopy's, they still don't have the source........I do hope they identify it soon.......

Cass and Cyber, I just took a break and glanced at the Rocky Mountain News. I see it was Legionaires.

No need to apologize, I just guessed in my head or wondered, that is, if it was Legionaires. Lucky guess. I'll wait to see if they identify the source.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back