GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollye

Reaction score
2245ec075e246524ce84806b6c3b2e56.jpg

Shaylyn Ammerman, 14-months-old, was last seen at her father’s home on Jefferson Street in Spencer Tuesday night.

Shaylyn has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, and she was last seen wearing a onesie.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/23/police-search-for-missing-one-year-old-girl-last-seen-in-spencer/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mum's FB page is easy to find - some interesting comments on there by her.

I'm praying she is alright but I have a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Please be safe little one!!! :please:

Jennie Runevitch ‏@JennieWTHR 23m23 minutes ago Indiana, USA
VIDEO: Neighbor says saw "evidence" being taken from home of missing Spencer toddler's dad. http://bit.ly/1Rlp7Yq

Jennie Runevitch ‏@JennieWTHR 16m16 minutes ago Indiana, USA
Neighbor says dad of missing Spencer toddler had a "loud party" last night. Little Shaylyn hasn't been seen since.

It's ALWAYS a concern when parents "check" on their toddlers in the middle of the night, IMHO. That raises huge red flags. In my opinion.

From Press Conference:

wearing white zip up sleeper
pacifier attached
winnie the pooh blanket
officers have searched near the house, white river to state route 46
line searches
helicopter coming
India state police, conservation officers, owen county S&R, Indiana dept of homeland security (& others I missed)
Anyone with any information, big or small, call 332 4411
Detectives still working on the case right now, following up

No arrests have been made at this time
Persons of interest have been spoken to
Just don't have enough to make an arrest at this time

Father has been cooperative, no info he has been evasive, party going on - hasn't been confirmed, several adults were awake during the night
Child put to bed before midnight, grandmother checked after 0830 & child wasn't in her crib

CS techs have been through house, evidence being secured, collected from this case or whatever case, it is being collected to be analysed

Officer got choked when asked how difficult it has been for search crews, says searchers are mums & dads, case is incredibly important to find this little girl
When the call comes out you hope that if it's an abduction that it was someone who cares about the child.
We're not going home, Spencer PD calling everyone out to search
3 S&R are here. It's difficult.

ISP has 2 canines, 1 other unit with canines, conservation unit have search river with sonar

No Amber Alert as requirement is "sufficient amount of evidence for a suspect"

Re several adults in the house - dont believe they were family members
Grandma, Bio Dad, Child and "others" were in the house, one may have been a girlfriend, they have all been spoken to, LE confident they don't have the child

Child doesn't walk that officer is aware of. No evidence she walked away or got into somewhere she's hiding.

No forced entry.

Definitely persons of interest - still interviewing them in different places, Owen County Sheriff Dept, this police station, doesn't know if any are family members

Not aware of domestic calls to address

Tamara Sue Morgan is grandmother, not been given bio mum & dad's names

Bio mum doesn't know where child is - LE confident it's not a custody / revenge issue. There's a custody setup for past few months, no evidence they don't get along

POI's - some were at the party last night. LE say anyone in the house last night is a POI.

Do not remember a baby going missing like this before.

Resources that we have with helicopter & night vision, lot of wind tonight which might hamper efforts, if danger exceeds level helicopter will have to be called off.

Ground search: White River, State Route 46, Cemetery, Gosport - plenty of space covered and more to come.

Any information that anyone has, people can look themselves, not civillian searchers as they can hurt crime scenes, search your property.

And hug your kids.

Grandma called LE at 08:40 after having found the crib empty. "Devastated" is a fair statement re the parents & Grandmother, can't imagine what they are going through. Grandmother was there all night. Hard to say if people at the party were there all night. Hard to keep track of comings & goings. Gathering info from witnesses.

Not aware of drugs found at house but LE will share if they are.

"Several" at the house - 3 adults other than the Grandmother were at the house this morning at the time of the call to Spencer PD.

Did I miss it or do we know mom's name & paternal grandma's name, but not dad's name?

Did I miss it or do we know mom's name & paternal grandma's name, but not dad's name?
Sorry to quote myself! I heard that dad's name is Justin (same last name as the baby). I can't seem to find it in MSM to verify--does anyone else have a link?

Yes, his name is in MSM. On my phone so I can't link right now. It is Justin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member