1195 users online (215 members and 980 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Have you changed your mind as to what you think the verdict will be?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dellen Millard - Not Guilty

    3 2.63%
  • Dellen Millard - Guilty

    108 94.74%
  • Mark Smich - Not Guilty

    11 9.65%
  • Mark Smich - Guilty

    87 76.32%
  • Not sure and/or Other

    11 9.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Being
    Posts
    15,873

    Bosma Murder Trial - Midway thru trial: now what do you think the verdicts will be?

    This poll is open to both members and guests.

    After hearing the various trial testimonies todate, have you changed your mind on what you think the verdicts might be? Cast your vote and, if you wish, post why you are voting the way you are and/or why you may have changed your mind as to the outcome.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 03-24-2016 at 01:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,420
    DM gets a definitely guilty vote from me.

    MS was involved which make him guilty, but to what extent, it's still unclear to me. Waiting on more evidence against MS. MOO.
    Rest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.

    "On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    51
    DM also gets a "guilty" from me. I'm still holding out my verdict on MS, at least until the Crown submits more evidence regarding his involvement in TB's death (though I suspect he's responsible at the very least for cleaning up after the fact, if not outrightly participating in the intimidation and/or killing of TB with DM's help).

    But will the jury convict DM and/or MS of first degree murder? That's a little harder to say. From what I've gathered from testimonies and LE exhibits, MS might be able to get away with second degree or an even lesser charge, depending on how well TD argues his case, but DM will probably find it more difficult to manipulate and lie his way out of the deep, dark chasm of trouble he'd dug himself into. JMO.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    555
    DM guilty of 1st degree. The jury is still out for me for MS since we haven't heard much about his involvement at this point.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Southwest Ontario
    Posts
    1,711
    I found them both guilty of 1st degree. The problem MS has is that if you find DM guilty and if it is proven, (which I believe it has), that MS was there and a part of it, then he's cooked. I agree that we haven't seen a whole lot of evidence re: MS but I have a feeling the MM will be the witness that puts him away.
    What goes around comes around

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,200
    With the evidence so far, I find Dellen with no doubt in my mind Guilty of 1st degree. I'm kind of still on the fence for Mark but finding him guilty as well. Reason, they both knew they were going to steal a truck and both guilty of "while committing or attempting to commit kidnapping and forcible confinement" and "while committing intimidation (even if it was brief)" as per Canadian first degree murder charges list. We are seeing evidence that lead us to believe this was planned and not an accidental slip of the trigger and both tried to cover the murder. I really don't think this crime could have been pulled off by just one person! I believe more evidence is to come as I don't believe forensic is done and we will see a bigger picture painted. The Crown is strategically laying their cards just right and at the right moments. Forensic has put cards on the table but IMO haven't reviled them all yet.

    I believe DM pulled the trigger but for those two reasons above, I find MS guilty as well. I have flipped back and forth on MS but those words "gone..gone..gone" stick in my mind (sounds like a proud gangstas words) Even if he was intimidated by DM or DM made threats on M's life (if he talked) he had ALOT of opportunity to go to the cops....DM would have been in custody and MS wouldn't have need to fear his life. He chose not to which makes him look guilty as hell! His actions after the murder speaks volumes of him as well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    32
    I voted not sure --- there is no options for guilty to a lesser charge

    IF neither defendants confess to doing the shooting then both be guilty as charged.

    If it is determined who actually shot TB - the other will be convicted on accessory related charges, still serious - but shorter jail sentence

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,779
    I believe they are both guilty of 1st degree murder based on the criminal code and what has been presented so far (just a portion of what is likely actually available in terms of evidence IMO) and what is expected to come. I'm interested in seeing how the defense proceeds after the Crown rests, especially TD, to see if I may change my mind about MS's culpability.

    MOO

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgrove View Post
    I found them both guilty of 1st degree. The problem MS has is that if you find DM guilty and if it is proven, (which I believe it has), that MS was there and a part of it, then he's cooked. I agree that we haven't seen a whole lot of evidence re: MS but I have a feeling the MM will be the witness that puts him away.
    I disagree. If you find DM guilty, you do not have the find MS guilty of 1st degree murder. They can still find him guilty of a lesser charge. I'm interested to hear what MM has to say ...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPRINCESS View Post
    With the evidence so far, I find Dellen with no doubt in my mind Guilty of 1st degree. I'm kind of still on the fence for Mark but finding him guilty as well. Reason, they both knew they were going to steal a truck and both guilty of "while committing or attempting to commit kidnapping and forcible confinement" and "while committing intimidation (even if it was brief)" as per Canadian first degree murder charges list. We are seeing evidence that lead us to believe this was planned and not an accidental slip of the trigger and both tried to cover the murder. I really don't think this crime could have been pulled off by just one person! I believe more evidence is to come as I don't believe forensic is done and we will see a bigger picture painted. The Crown is strategically laying their cards just right and at the right moments. Forensic has put cards on the table but IMO haven't reviled them all yet.

    I believe DM pulled the trigger but for those two reasons above, I find MS guilty as well. I have flipped back and forth on MS but those words "gone..gone..gone" stick in my mind (sounds like a proud gangstas words) Even if he was intimidated by DM or DM made threats on M's life (if he talked) he had ALOT of opportunity to go to the cops....DM would have been in custody and MS wouldn't have need to fear his life. He chose not to which makes him look guilty as hell! His actions after the murder speaks volumes of him as well.
    I think gone, gone, gone can be taken in many different ways depending on how it was said. If said in a certain way, it could actually be inferred as fear.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    928
    DM = Guilty, 1st degree murder
    MS = Not Guilty, 1st degree murder


    My only comment on this though is, if MS didn't pull the trigger and wasn't there when TB was killed (e.g. not the same vehicle) is he technically guilty of 1st degree if he helped clean up, did not go to Police, etc.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by sleuther76 View Post
    I think gone, gone, gone can be taken in many different ways depending on how it was said. If said in a certain way, it could actually be inferred as fear.
    I agree Sleuther76... IMO, What if the words Gone, Gone, Gone were done while he was crying and there were sobs in between each one while he shakes his head.. That really changes the words doesn't it?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalSleuth View Post
    I agree Sleuther76... IMO, What if the words Gone, Gone, Gone were done while he was crying and there were sobs in between each one while he shakes his head.. That really changes the words doesn't it?
    Completely ... that's why I am so interested to hear how MM puts this. Those words have a lot of meaning, but the inferred meaning is even greater

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,249
    So after 40 voters, 90% think DM is guilty and 75% think MS is. Just making a note of that to see how things shift!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    142

    Guilty

    Hi there,

    First time posting. I hope I don't mess up! I went with guilty for both. In my opinion, they both went on the test drive with Igor. They both picked up Tim and were seen on video and by cell record all the way through until the next morning picking up MM. That time span and record included them being at the hangar where the incinerator was fired up and the truck left . A truck and incinerator that were found with Tim Bosma's blood and DNA, no?

    I don't think it matters who fired the gun for the simple reason that only one could have or needed to pull the trigger (if it required both to fire it, they both would have in other words.) The crime was much more than the firing of the gun.

    To take it an extreme, if one of them planned to kill and the other didn't know about it, the non-shooter should have hightailed it to the police (since there were two vehicles) as soon as they safely could after the shooting. Otherwise in my opinion they are both part of it - and not just as an accessory after the fact. I base this on this article:
    http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=...c-9dc1ba429b18

    Being at the murder and helping to cleanup is more than this imho.
    So they are both murderers in my opinion.

    I am assuming it is first degree and either they planned it or they are guilty of forcible confinement. I tried to find some good info on forcible confinement and found two links:

    This first link is a defence attorney who says that


    http://www.anthonydemarco.ca/Crimina...xtortion.shtml


    The second link talks about forcible confinement. Two quotes:
    • "A person who voluntarily enters into a car, but is then denied the ability to leave will usually make out the offence.[4]"
    • "The duration of the confinement does not need to be lengthy. A "significant" period of time where the victim is "coercively restrained or directed contrary to her wishes, so that she could not move about according to her own inclination and desire" will be sufficient.[7]"


    I read this to be that if you pull a gun on someone you are controlling them.

    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadi...ul_Confinement


    ---------------------------------
    I'm sorry my fonts are all over the place!




Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 151
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 04:48 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-13-2016, 09:11 PM