OH - Adam Richards for savage abuse of 5-month-old boy, Union Twp, 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A woman whose son was left brain damaged by a child abuser is trying to petition Congress for stricter regulations, News 5's Sheree Paolello reported.

Adam Richards was sentenced Monday to five years in jail as part of a plea bargain. Richards could have faced up to 20 years in jail, but he had no prior record of abusing children like Dillon Cloud.

Cloud was left in a coma, suffering skull fractures and brain damage after Richards spent two weeks baby-sitting him.
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/5055023/detail.html

mysteriew said:
A woman whose son was left brain damaged by a child abuser is trying to petition Congress for stricter regulations, News 5's Sheree Paolello reported.

Adam Richards was sentenced Monday to five years in jail as part of a plea bargain. Richards could have faced up to 20 years in jail, but he had no prior record of abusing children like Dillon Cloud.

Cloud was left in a coma, suffering skull fractures and brain damage after Richards spent two weeks baby-sitting him.
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/5055023/detail.html
This is heartbreaking. I don't understand why Richards only got 5 years - did I miss something?

Mabel said:
Richards babysat this baby for 2 weeks? Why? Is this another abusive boyfriend story?
Yes, Mabel, I believe it is. Unfortunately, I can't remember the link but, it said that Richard lived with the baby's mother, but wasn't the baby's father.

The Pros gave the creep a plea bargain because he hadn't been in any trouble of THIS TYPE before!!! This makes me so mad I can hardly see straight.

Here is this little guy that will never be normal....all because of this creep and everything that he did to him. That is one Pros that has his big head up his skinny a$$. I think he needs to be hung up by his heels and then dropped on his head. Maybe that would clear his head up.

5 darn years for this baby's whole life. The article didn't say when the abuse took place but I assume it was sometime back as the mother talks about the baby finally learning to crawl when he was 11 months. I would want to kill that guy if that was my little guy.

I didn't read anything about this guy being an ex boyfriend of the mother. They might have just chosen not to get into that. That would be a first for media!! If he wasn't a boyfriend at that time I wonder why he was baby sitting?

I'm so ticked over the lousey 5 yrs I think I will write a letter to the editor of that paper...dam.

:furious: :behindbar

Real nice. So they reward him with only 5 years for not ever being caught beating a child half to death before this time. Hope he gets some good old fashioned justice behind the prison walls.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76
Back