"It's a lady"?

Nehemiah

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In the NE book, Patsy is being interviewed by Tom Haney on June 23, 1998, and at this particular time she is being questioned about their relationship/thoughts concerning the Whites. But that is not what caught my eye. She states this:

"And we have been told that it's a LADY (emphasis mine) that knew us, knew we were leaving, knew...the dog wasn't there, knew we didn't use the alarm, you know, so--"

The reference to "a lady" came out of the blue; the questioning did not lead (in the book anyway) to anything about a woman. Of course, we know there was editing but what is Patsy meaning here, "and we have been told that it's a lady...."?

Alot of things had been told to the Ramseys either directly or indirectly. Alot of stuff was probably false or merely hunches the investigators had had.
Early in the investigation AuntPam had been told many things particularly by reporters and she had a tendancy to believe everything she was being told and to repeat it.

My feelings are that the Ramseys, both John and Patsy, every chance they get like to make little remarks like that to steer the investigation in any direction they can as long as it stays clear of Burke. When it comes to Burke,Patsy has said it loud and clear {You don't want to go there}

Aunt Pam once said she thought the crime was done by a woman who was jealous of the Ramsey's social status and wealth. And remember that one analysis of the letter said it was written by a woman or a "genteel" man.

My thoughts same as Maxi -

Patsy was probably referring to the RN - since it's been analysed as written by a female.

But a LADY! Much like the use of "gentlemen" - Weren't no lady that murdered your daughter...

Is Patsy accusing Priscilla White of murder in the NE book?

When Patsy was shown a photograph of her red and black plaid jacket, with the black pants, Patsy told Detective Haney

"Priscilla had a jacket like this. I mean, until I saw this picture I had thought that I had worn my Christmas sweater to their house...and then I saw this picture and I said "Oh, I must have worn THAT sweater to their house."

"But, then I thought, well, maybe I had her jacket. I mean, you know, I don't know".

Detective Trip DeMuth: ...That you were wearing yours on Christmas and not hers"?

PR: "Well I could have been in her house in the living room, you know, what I mean, and been cold, and she said, "Here put this on." I just can't remember. My point is we both had jackets similar to that".

What a liar? I doubt Priscilla had a jacket similar to Patsy's.

:nono:

Toth, we BDIers are allowed to post here at WS, whether you like it or not. It's obvious you want to silence us...but don't go there, pal.

On the radio show, Pam once implied that the killer was an overweight woman. I don't think Priscilla is overweight. Pam also talked about someone who had gotten so close to the family that she was hurt when she felt left out of something like a trip.

I realize that Patsy must have been somewhat nervous, even for a woman with her background of speaking/debating/journalism/CNN interview/???, however, that NE Police Files book accounting of what Patsy was saying made Patsy seem almost incoherent. Her words were almost in circles at times, her thoughts rambled, and some of her answers left me really scratching my head saying...'what the h*ll did she just say?"

It might have been that she didn't finish her sentence. We know she and/or John think a woman wrote the note, so maybe Patsy started to answer with that, and realized the question wasn't about the note?

Toth - just because Patsy Ramsey says "don't even go there" when it comes to considering Burke Ramsey as being involved in his sister's death somehow - does NOT mean we have to abide by it! LOL!
It means .... "Hmmm... maybe we need to take a closer look at this. It sure seems to strike a nerve."
Just like she said in the first crock when the question of Burke's possible involvement was mentioned, "Don't even think about it!"
Whoa!!!
I think now I WILL "think about it." And have.

I think when Patsy made that statement regarding Priscilla's jacket, she was once again throwing someone other than herself "under the bus." It is obvious to me that Patsy doesn't care who is under the umbrella of suspicion, as long as it is not herself or her family.

Patsy knows full well if that jacket was hers or Priscilla's. She sounds like a child who got her hand caught in the cookie jar.

Yeah, kind of like John's insinuation of Priscilla's involvement (merely because she was from CA) when he spoke of a stun gun.

Why are you condemning Patsy? It makes no sense. She shows nothing but love for her daughter.

I still say that's just a Southernism.

"Can't help lovin' that man of mine"

Could be, maxi. I guess I am of the mindset that she's distancing herself from JB or the case, or something. Perhaps I'm just not used to the southern lingo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back