GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
2245ec075e246524ce84806b6c3b2e56.jpg

Shaylyn Ammerman, 14-months-old, was last seen at her father’s home on Jefferson Street in Spencer Tuesday night.

Shaylyn has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, and she was last seen wearing a onesie.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/23/police-search-for-missing-one-year-old-girl-last-seen-in-spencer/

According to troopers, seven to 10 people labeled as persons of interests were questioned. The same group are scheduled to take polygraphs.

http://wishtv.com/2016/03/24/persons-of-interests-questioned-in-babys-disappearance/

SPENCER, Ind. - The body of Shaylyn Ammerman, a 1-year-old Spencer girl who was last seen sometime before 9 a.m. Wednesday, was found Thursday evening just northeast of Gosport, near the White River, police said.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2016/03/24/body-missing-1-year-old-found/82238248/

ccording to the Owen County Coroner, her preliminary cause of death is asphyxiation and the manner of death is a homicide.

Indiana State Police Sgt. Curt Durnill said the body of a female infant matching the description of Shaylyn was found just after 6 p.m. in a remote area near the White River northeast of Gosport.

"Rural. Very rural. Right up against where the water would meet," Durnill said. "It appears that, where the river would flood, the body was found right in that area. It's a private access. It's on private property near Gosport."

Kyle Parker, 22, of Spencer, was taken into custody in connection with the case.

attachment.php

http://www.wibc.com/news/local-news/shaylyn-ammerman-died-asphyxiation

SPENCER, Ind. (March 25, 2016) -- A man arrested in connection with the death of 14-month-old Shaylyn Ammerman in Owen County is being held on multiple charges.

According to officials at the Owen County Jail, 22-year-old Kyle Parker faces two counts of obstruction of justice, a count of failure to report a dead body and a count of unlawful disposition of a dead body.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/25/man-hel...in-connection-with-death-of-shaylyn-ammerman/

"Let me be really frank here. Please don’t feel like because we’ve found a body and we’ve made an arrest that this case is anywhere near over. This case is just getting started with more interviews, with more investigative tactics with everything that we have at our disposal we will use to bring those who are responsible for this little girl’s death to justice," said ISP Sgt. Curt Durnil.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/24/body-of-missing-1-year-old-spencer-girl-found-suspect-arrested/

Interview with Tamera Morgan, Justin Ammerman and Adam Ammerman

Justin and Adam Ammerman interview

Thread #1

Heavy.com article that is allowed in the discussion due to it containing interviews by Heavy with mother, Jessica Stewart and paternal grandmother, Tamera (Tammy) Morgan. This is being allowed because it is the only means to access those direct quotes and comments made to Heavy by those two individuals.

Case Map courtesy of skibaboo

Does anyone have a list of all the POI and how they are related to Shaylyn?

Police stated prior to and after Shaylyn's body was found that everyone in the home that night is a person of interest. They acknowledged a total of 7 to 10 POIs some of whom have been given polygraphs and re-interviewed several times by LE.

People who are said to have been present in the home the night Shaylyn went missing are:

Justin Ammerman - father of Shaylyn
Adam Ammerman - brother of Justin, uncle of Shaylyn
Tamera "Tammy" Morgan - paternal grandmother of Shaylyn
Daniel Morgan - husband to Tammy Morgan, step-grandfather of Shaylyn
Kyle Parker - friend of Adam Ammerman
Kelly Rogers - ex girlfriend of Justin Ammerman
unnamed male who is reported to be Kelly Rogers new boyfriend

Most recent police presser where POIs are not named but LEO confirms during the Q & A that everyone in the house is a POI and that none have been cleared as yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYdDrOfgNwU

This is just a hunch - I think it was Kelly who tipped off LE on where to find the baby. The reason is that she has shown tenderness and real affection toward Shaylyn on her Facebook posts. Yes, it's a little weird to comment that Shaylyn was her step-daughter when Shaylyn was in reality the daughter of Kelly's then-boyfriend, but it does seem that Kelly enjoyed being around Shaylyn. I don't think she could stay silent with information she had about that night's events.

I don't have a hunch on whether Kelly volunteered that information or if she provided it only after being questioned by LE, but I do think LE was able to find the body because of a tip by Kelly.

This is PURE SPECULATION on my part, not based on anything other than a gut reaction to the POIs. I could be off base, but that's my thinking at the moment.

jmo

This is just a hunch - I think it was Kelly who tipped off LE on where to find the baby. The reason is that she has shown tenderness and real affection toward Shaylyn on her Facebook posts. Yes, it's a little weird to comment that Shaylyn was her step-daughter when Shaylyn was in reality the daughter of Kelly's then-boyfriend, but it does seem that Kelly enjoyed being around Shaylyn. I don't think she could stay silent with information she had about that night's events.

I don't have a hunch on whether Kelly volunteered that information or if she provided it only after being questioned by LE, but I do think LE was able to find the body because of a tip by Kelly.

This is PURE SPECULATION on my part, not based on anything other than a gut reaction to the POIs. I could be off base, but that's my thinking at the moment.

jmo

But, how did Kelly get the information? And what information? Who killed (yuck) the baby? Did JP act alone?

jmo

I'm not so sure. It sounds like where they found her and how fast they found her the person that gave the tip would have had to have very intimate knowledge of that location and pretty darn close to the precise location. That means Kyle would have had to tell her where he hid Shaylyn. But also she's the only one out of all the people that lived in that house (besides the grandfather) that hasn't come out and spoken publicly either on MSM or SM. You would think that a person that basically claimed Shaylyn as her own once would have a lot to say about the person that has been arrested in connection with her disappearance.

OMGosh! When I signed on to check for updates, I saw *ARREST* #2 in the header!! Not knowing we had started a new thread, I thought there was a second arrest. :blushing:

They could have found Shaylyn through cell phone pings.

I'm not so sure. It sounds like where they found her and how fast they found her the person that gave the tip would have had to have very intimate knowledge of that location and pretty darn close to the precise location. That means Kyle would have had to tell her where he hid Shaylyn. But also she's the only one out of all the people that lived in that house (besides the grandfather) that hasn't come out and spoken publicly either on MSM or SM. You would think that a person that basically claimed Shaylyn as her own once would have a lot to say about the person that has been arrested in connection with her disappearance.

Perhaps Kelly was there...she knows where the body was because she was there. THIS IS JUST A HUNCH, not based on anything but a personal hunch.

Perhaps Kelly was there...she knows where the body was because she was there. THIS IS JUST A HUNCH, not based on anything but a personal hunch.

There? Do you mean, at the home? Or on the baby's disposal?

I've been thinking this as well. If there is good service in this little town, it shouldn't have been difficult to track.
I think there is good service. Adam spent a lot of time on his phone during the interview.

I think there is good service. Adam spent a lot of time on his phone during the interview.

Do you know where that interview can be viewed. I keep hearing about it, but have not seen it.

Do you know where that interview can be viewed. I keep hearing about it, but have not seen it.
verbonica, if you go to 307 on the first thread you will see reference to the video. Sorry, I couldn't bring it over here. I'm useless at linking and all that.

Fyi, the interview is linked is not the one where Adam dinks with his phone. :)
I see that now. Sorry, I can only direct you to 307 on the first thread, unless someone here can help out. Thx.

verbonica, if you go to 307 on the first thread you will see reference to the video. Sorry, I couldn't bring it over here. I'm useless at linking and all that.

Thanks, I will try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member