Man painted gold busted in I-80 hit-and-run in Richmond

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
By Kale Williams
[h=5]Updated 5:24 pm, Thursday, March 24, 2016[/h]
A man covered in gold spray paint was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs in Richmond on Wednesday night after allegedly hitting three cars on Interstate 80 and leading California Highway Patrol officers on a brief chase before a wheel fell off his car, authorities said.
An off-duty police officer witnessed the beginning of the mayhem when the man, identified as 21-year-old Damaj Cook, struck multiple cars on eastbound I-80 near the Ashby Avenue exit in Berkeley, said Officer Sean Wilkenfeld, a CHP spokesman.

The officer followed Cook toward Richmond and, as he was in pursuit, received a description of the driver as being “gold.”
As Cook neared the Central Avenue off-ramp, one of the wheels fell off his car, forcing him to stop. The officer approached the vehicle and realized the description of the suspect was accurate as the man was covered head-to-toe in gold spray paint, Wilkenfeld said. more at link: http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article...I-80-hit-and-run-in-7008322.php#photo-9696582

He said he was painted for a photo shoot or modelling job (paraphrasing).

I wonder what kind of spray paint was used. Is it poss after using a spray commonly used for 'huffing' he started having symptoms from the can's content? Maybe he did deliberately, maybe not. IDK.

Just trying to give him the possibility of benefit of doubt re DWI/DUI, even tho I think, statistically it's unlikely.

As a kid there was a bridge near a bus stop where I saw people painted gold several times. The guys would huff paint, get loaded and end up painting themselves!

There were lots of good jokes about this guy- the website started playing the song "Goldfinger" from the James Bond movie, and others joked that he had the Midas touch, hoped he looked as good in prison orange, was given a golden ticket, etc. etc...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back