Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Cheryl DeBoer
635906256609049403-deboer.jpg

Police ask help in finding missing Mountlake Terrace woman
Mountlake Terrace - Mountlake Terrace police are asking for the public's help in locating a missing woman.
Cheryl DeBoer, 54, was supposed to meet a friend at the Mountlake Terrace Park and Ride lot and carpool to work Monday morning. She texted her friend around 7 a.m. saying that she would catch a bus instead; she has not been seen or heard from since. Her vehicle was located parked in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue SW in Mountlake Terrace.
http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...ing-missing-mountlake-terrace-woman/80068942/

Body found in Mountlake Terrace identified as missing woman
http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...police-rule-womans-death-suspicious/80417266/
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner on Tuesday announced that they have identified a body found in Mountlake Terrace as 53-year-old Cheryl DeBoer. The cause and manner of death are pending further investigation, the ME's office said. Mountlake Terrace Police had said there is no reason to believe the public is in danger following the discovery of the body.

Medical examiner: Body found is missing Mountlake Terrace woman
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...e-police-return-to-site-where-body-was-found/
The family remains cooperative with the investigation, he said, adding DeBoer’s husband took a polygraph test late last week and police have eliminated him as a person of interest.

Celebrating Cheryl DeBoer

Verified Insiders:
Stryker57
Lavaland

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6

VERIFIED PROFESSIONALS and CASE INSIDERS

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some hold specialized knowledge that applies to the various circumstances of the cases we discuss, and can contribute valuable insight and information. We welcome their participation.

To ensure that anyone posting as a "professional" in a specific field truly is what/who they claim to be, WS employs a verification process.

The verification process also applies to "case insiders". Relatives, friends, and others personally acquainted with a victim or suspect; or a professional working on behalf of a victim or the family, i.e., a private investigator, can submit a request to be verified as a "case insider".

If you would like to become verified, please contact the site owner at wsverify@gmail.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, a telephone number, and the times when you can be reached.

If you are a "professional" or "case insider", but would prefer not to be verified, please understand that you will be required to follow the general rules for posting, and back up your statements with links to appropriate sources.

More information on how to submit a request, and the information required, can be found at this link:

Verification Process for Professionals and Insiders

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

Please read: RULES: WS ETIQUETTE & INFORMATION

Does anyone have a reliable link to preferably a direct quote from LE or a verified family member that gives information about the amount of animal blood found?

I've seen the amount of blood described on this thread as 'large' and even as 'substantial', however the source I'd been using when I was considering the origin and reason for the animal blood even being present in the car states :

"Investigators have matched a “small amount” of blood found in the car to DeBoer’s, he said, though they are still trying to trace a larger sample discovered on the vehicle’s passenger floor board that is from an animal."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...y-no-evidence-cheryl-deboer-death-a-homicide/

Now how I read that, it doesn't suggest that the amount of blood was 'substantial' or even 'large'. My interpretation is that there was more animal blood than there was of Cheryl's blood, but it was not necessarily a large amount.

#867 in thread 5 Stryker said:

Also animal blood was fresh enough and of substantial quantity to be able to smear with your hand.​

His other mention (#958) of the blood in that thread:

Her previous job before working for the Hutch was as a chemist analyzing samples and providing reports to EPA, and other govt. agencies. She would know that it would be easy to distinguish animal blood from human blood. Very highly unlikely that she would attempt to poorly stage a scene like that.​

If she committed suicide then why did she apparently get rid of her cell? That is the one aspect I keep going back to. Where is the cell phone?? Why would she discard it? I feel like if she discarded it it would have been found by now since it most likely would have to be close to where she was found or close to the car. She didn't travel that far.
I think the phone may hold the key. If it turns up miles away that's going to throw a wrench in this suicide theory.

I think Stryker said the blood was still wet when Cheryl's husband found the car. So it would have been tacky, not dried.

did we ever find out exactly how much blood are they talking about ? drops or a cup, a visually noticable amount ?

#867 in thread 5 Stryker said:

Also animal blood was fresh enough and of substantial quantity to be able to smear with your hand.​

Thanks, I had read that too. But more recently I thought I saw it described here as a 'substantial amount' which possibly differs to what Stryker says there 'of substantial quantity to be able to smear with your hand'. Now, I could smear an amount e.g teaspoon sized with my hand, I could also smear a pint of blood with my hand.
Unfortunately for some reason I'm not able to search within a thread so I can't check what I read.
Wanting to be more specific about the amount, as I say, I'm probably just overthinking it.
Thanks!

How can you be 100% certain?

well she was a puter programmer I would doubt they were doing lab work BUT, that dosent mean someone else could have done it, I wish cops would tell us what type of critter this was it is almost like the last hope we have that this was not a suicide. I feel ashamed to even say that word. And BTW, I got tears when I read a post the hubby made on their anniversary, I am sorry if some of my posts pointed the finger at him. Bless his heart and all the family.

Hoping the family is able to find some joy today in the mist of such trauma and turmoil to their family. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Concerning the animal blood: after being in the car all day it would take a significant quantity to still be smearable, not dry.

If she committed suicide then why did she apparently get rid of her cell? That is the one aspect I keep going back to. Where is the cell phone?? Why would she discard it? I feel like if she discarded it it would have been found by now since it most likely would have to be close to where she was found or close to the car. She didn't travel that far.
I think the phone may hold the key. If it turns up miles away that's going to throw a wrench in this suicide theory.

Remember someone here said LE recovered "items" from the creek. This is typical in these cases -- it sometimes take a while to identify if they are related to the case. Even if a phone is the same type, you need to check the IMEI etc. My best bet is the phone is either in the creek, in bushes or in a street drain. (all of those are places we usually find discarded phones)

Concerning the animal blood: after being in the car all day it would take a significant quantity to still be smearable, not dry.

it's really humid here, when we moved here in November from Dallas hubby left our truck and flew back to get me and the rest of the junk/pets. etc, the truck sat in our yard 6 weeks, we were amazed at how much green moss had grown all over the inside and on the steering wheel. What a bizarre switch from baking in 107 degree Texas heat lol

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hdk
Guys, No researcher or systems analyst is taking vials of human or animal blood home. Not today. Not ever.
If it was Cheryl who placed the blood in the car, there was no need for her to get blood from work, or a vet clinic, or from a butcher. She did hunt, and one of the first things done to a animal carcass is to bleed it if it's to be used for human consumption. She wouldn't have any problems to get access to a cup or two of animal blood, and to place it in the freezer in a plastic bag or a shallow container. Taking a flat "cake" of blood with her in the morning and place it on the floor of the car, it would melt during the day and be smearable in the afternoon when her car was found. It would have to be a not too thick "cake" as she couldn't know when the car was to be found, too early and the blood would still have been frozen.

(The same could also be true it someone else placed the blood in the car, any hunter would have access to animal blood.)

MOO

If she committed suicide then why did she apparently get rid of her cell? That is the one aspect I keep going back to. Where is the cell phone?? Why would she discard it?

Some people committing suicide will discard anything that could help identify them, or give any clue to where they went.

If it was Cheryl who placed the blood in the car, there was no need for her to get blood from work, or a vet clinic, or from a butcher. She did hunt, and one of the first things done to a animal carcass is to bleed it if it's to be used for human consumption. She wouldn't have any problems to get access to a cup or two of animal blood, and to place it in the freezer in a plastic bag or a shallow container. Taking a flat "cake" of blood with her in the morning and place it on the floor of the car, it would melt during the day and be smearable in the afternoon when her car was found. It would have to be a not too thick "cake" as she couldn't know when the car was to be found, too early and the blood would still have been frozen.

(The same could also be true it someone else placed the blood in the car, any hunter would have access to animal blood.)

MOO
Good point! And a razor blade could be used to slit open that bag. Was blood found on the razor blade in her pocket or it could have been washed away by the water in the culvert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288