Michael O'Kelly

ksterling3408

Reaction score
The "interview" of BD, the emails, and the tears while on the stand...especially the tears! Tears for TH, (as he claimed) or tears of embarrassment, nervousness, regret? Just curious as to what you all have to say about his actions and odd behavior when on the stand!

Do you happen to have a link to the videos?

Angelainwi, do you know if it is appropriate to link to you tube on here? I am a newbie to this forum and I know that there are rules about certain links and what you can/cannot post. If you want, you can go to you tube and type in "Michael O'Kelly". The first video is BD's "confession" to O'Kelly, and third one is the Kachinsky/O'Kelly testimony. (The testimony footage is courtesy of shadowwraiths, a forum member on here.)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sorry, that's "shadowraiths". Misspelled it! Thanks, shadowraiths!

I am pretty sure we can link them.... and shadowraiths is a mod here ;-)

Part of O'Kelly interviewing BD ( I think this is from the series), I am not sure if we have the complete unedited video? [video=youtube;m7PxfDU4fAI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7PxfDU4fAI[/video]

Kachinski and O'Kelly testimony:
[video=youtube;XbfU4WnmCIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbfU4WnmCIA[/video]

There are so many members that have read and re-read transcripts, looked at maps, pored over minute details of every thing about the case, and I totally applaud that and find it extremely interesting. The work of those members and their subsequent posts have really taught me a lot about the case! The aspect that I personally find the most fascinating about this case is the behavior of the players and the psychology behind it...so to all my psych majors, I'm calling for you! Words are only a tiny portion of human communication, so trial transcripts only get me so far. I like to watch facial expressions, body language, posture, voice inflection...to me its not just about what a person says, but how they say it. Anybody else out there with me on this? :)

Missy1974...thanks so much! And I knew I recognized the name shadowraiths from here when I was on you tube :)

I like to watch facial expressions, body language, posture, voice inflection...to me its not just about what a person says, but how they say it. Anybody else out there with me on this? :)

SBM

I don't give much weight to conclusions drawn from "body language" and "voice inflection" analysis.

It's just too vague. One "expert" can say a person shows signs of guilt because of certain body cues. Another person can look at the same "cues" and say it means the opposite.

Same thing goes for "voice analysis". It's way too subjective for me to be able to draw any kind of realistic conclusion from it.

JMO

There are so many members that have read and re-read transcripts, looked at maps, pored over minute details of every thing about the case, and I totally applaud that and find it extremely interesting. The work of those members and their subsequent posts have really taught me a lot about the case! The aspect that I personally find the most fascinating about this case is the behavior of the players and the psychology behind it...so to all my psych majors, I'm calling for you! Words are only a tiny portion of human communication, so trial transcripts only get me so far. I like to watch facial expressions, body language, posture, voice inflection...to me its not just about what a person says, but how they say it. Anybody else out there with me on this? :)

Some time ago, I posted links to the BD interviews, including the O'Kelly (faux tears) testimony in episode 10, to a professional forensic psychology listserv. My colleagues were, understandably, as appalled as was I, and felt BD's confession was false. Then again, many in the forensic psych community have been researching false confessions for decades.

As for the facial expressions? In reality, I do not put a great deal of weight in them. That is, for example, the jury convicted Lindy Chamberlain based purely upon the lack of emotional expression during her trial. It was forensic evidence that finally resulted in the reversal of her conviction.

That being said, I do agree with you (I think), regarding O'Kelly's behavior during his testimony. And yes, I admittedly think the man was feigning tears in the face of quite, imnsho, damning evidence regarding notable ethical breeches.

The "interview" of BD, the emails, and the tears while on the stand...especially the tears! Tears for TH, (as he claimed) or tears of embarrassment, nervousness, regret? Just curious as to what you all have to say about his actions and odd behavior when on the stand!

Oh don't get me started on this man. When I watched the docu and saw that horrible "I'm sorry, I'm not sorry " survey he gave BD I nearly jumped out of my chair. And the fake crying over the blue ribbon. I was seriously thinking "wtf? is he crying? during testimony even" He was obviously there for Kratz.

I by no means think that anybody should be convicted for not showing the "proper" emotional expression nor do I believe the "science" behind microexpressions is truly a science. I have read various blogs of lie detection "experts" that have crucified people based on facial expressions then had to turn around and apologize. I do believe that human communication consists of more than just the words we say and body language convey can convey important information... is it a science, no, not by the true definition of science, but the theories and research surrounding this aspect are quite interesting. To me, reading a transcript only gets me so far so I always like to watch any accompanying videos...it just helps me get a better view of the situation (pun intended! Lol). As for O'Kelly, I didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for the man! It was just so awkward. I thought OK if I feel awkward watching this display on a video, I can imagine how weirded out the people in the courtroom felt! The worst part was when he announced his tears were for TH...come on. I think he was nervous and embarrassed that all of this came to light and his emotions got the better of him. Some people get angry or defensive when caught in an awkward or embarrassing situation, some shut down, and I suppose, as in O'Kelly's case, some may cry. I think I would have felt at least a little sympathy for him if he hadn't blamed his tears on the death of TH. That was what made me file him under my mental folder entitled "ridiculous buffoon." (Right next to KK and LKachinsky, though KK got an extra special gold star in his file for his extra special brand of ridiculousness.)

My apologies, think I said "convey" one too many times in a sentence just now. The part of my brain that proofreads must have taken a late lunch :)

Oh, and if my memory serves me correctly, wasn't it O'Kelly that sent that one email that said something along the lines of how the Avery family tree needed to be chopped down at the trunk? Or something like that? Great analogy there and totally professional.*sarcasm*

Thanks for this tread. I needed to unburden my heart

Mike O'Kelly is a dishonest, unethical, immoral man with no integrity, no conscience, and no limits to what he will do or say to justify himself.

Is there a thread where I can talk about Ms Sherry Culhane, worlds worst lab tech?

Oh, and if my memory serves me correctly, wasn't it O'Kelly that sent that one email that said something along the lines of how the Avery family tree needed to be chopped down at the trunk? Or something like that? Great analogy there and totally professional.*sarcasm*

Yes!! He said "A friend of mine said they should cut this tree...", which bugs me 1) because he typed this in a memo, but 2) It's not ethical to discuss tests and investigations like that about private citizens to his buddies. He said "These are criminals." He wrote they have sex with each other and who ever else they can. Outrageous accusations.

What an arrogant jerk.

Thanks for this tread. I needed to unburden my heart

Mike O'Kelly is a dishonest, unethical, immoral man with no integrity, no conscience, and no limits to what he will do or say to justify himself.

Is there a thread where I can talk about Ms Sherry Culhane, worlds worst lab tech?

Hi Inana :) I agree about O'Kelly!

as for talking about SC.... maybe here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?298490-DNA-What-does-the-evidence-say/page6 ?

you could also post in this one http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...dence-Planted-Discuss&p=12459664#post12459664

Either way... we will see it somewhere ;-) Don't even know where to start with SC :gaah:

I'm astounded by the total lack of professionalism by so many players in this whole affair, from KK to O'Kelley to LKach, Baldwin, Lenk, Colburn...oh yeah, I can't forget Gene Kusche! You know, the one that did the sketch of the suspect in the rape case using a photo from SA's file. (And then had it framed to proudly display on the wall.) I can't even list all the "professionals" that acted like complete and total @$$%&#$ during all of this, and not only behind closed doors but in front of the media, no less. These people are supposed to represent justice and set the standard for professionalism? Watching this whole case play out has really shaken my faith in our system.

As far as SC, (and I know this thread isn't about her but I have to say it) she immediately reminded me of Nancy Grace. And, well, I don't think I even have to explain lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Inana- "world's worst lab tech" lol. Best description of her that I've heard so far! Do they make a trophy for that? :)

Please check out this article I found on Mike O'Kelly. I didn't realize he was an expert for hire! That changes my opinion slightly, and not for the better. I wonder what Kachinsky paid O'Kelly? A paid expert is at about the same social level as a mercenary. Its even more amazing that he expressed such tender sensibilities with his tears, being such a seasoned investigator/ polygraph/ cell phone expert--very familiar with the courtroom. Excellent up-date on the sleazy O'Kelly.

http://www.gazettereview.com/2016/01/happened-michael-okelly-making-murderer-update/

(couldn't get the link to link)

Thank you for this. I sincerely mean it when I say you took the words right out of my mouth.

Stepping back for a minute, looking at the BIGGER picture, ( as many have pointed out time and time again ) LOOK, at the threads created in regards to each person in this case. ( And there are MANY, obviously, who are not listed/talked about ) Sure there are opinions thrown around in all different directions. There are also many, MANY facts, along with documented transcript/links/etc. for ALL to see that ( speaking for myself ) when questioning ANY person involved in this case there is pretty darn good reason to, isn't there?

I do not personally lay awake at night trying to find things wrong with the Sheriffs Dept.,SC, KK, AC, GK, JL, O'Kelly, Kachinsky ( sp ), etc.

Heck, even the FBI guy didn't test ALL he should have and everything about that was questionable..

FWIW, I 100% believe O'Kelly was feeling the pressure on that tape. Most likely, the pressure of saving his own @$$!

Lack of professionalism is being to kind,

JMO
I'm astounded by the total lack of professionalism by so many players in this whole affair, from KK to O'Kelley to LKach, Baldwin, Lenk, Colburn...oh yeah, I can't forget Gene Kusche! You know, the one that did the sketch of the suspect in the rape case using a photo from SA's file. (And then had it framed to proudly display on the wall.) I can't even list all the "professionals" that acted like complete and total @$$%&#$ during all of this, and not only behind closed doors but in front of the media, no less. These people are supposed to represent justice and set the standard for professionalism? Watching this whole case play out has really shaken my faith in our system.

As far as SC, (and I know this thread isn't about her but I have to say it) she immediately reminded me of Nancy Grace. And, well, I don't think I even have to explain lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back