Mother Angelica, founder of EWTN, dead at 92

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Mar 27 2016, 10:20 pm ET

Mother Angelica, Founder of Catholic Network EWTN, Dies at 92

by Alex Johnson

Mother Mary Angelica of the Annunciation, founder of the Catholic TV powerhouse EWTN, died Easter Sunday at age 92, the network confirmed Sunday night.

She succumbed about 5 p.m. (6 p.m. ET) in Hanceville, Alabama, to the aftereffects of a stroke she suffered many years ago, according to the network's Catholic News Agency.

Mother Angelica — born Rita Antoinette Rizzo in Canton, Ohio, in 1923 — began what would become the Eternal Word Television Network in Irondale, Alabama, in 1981 with $200 and 12 nuns and little television experience...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mother-angelica-founder-catholic-network-ewtn-dies-92-n546376

Lots of memories of Mom watching her when I was young. 92 is impressive. God bless her. RIP.

:rose: We all know she is in heaven now. Rest with God.

Well, myself, I don't think that death exonerates one from bad deeds. I find many of the things that Mother Angelica preached to be lovely, but there were still some that I can only describe as reprehensible. Still, I hope that if there is an afterlife, that she is treated well there. But I also hope that all of the people that she has shamed or misguided are doing well too. I have watched her program many times, and often though that she had many good things to say, and then many terrible things to say as well. Her death doesn't change the good or the bad that she has done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back