Woman tries to swim to cruise ship

Lol.....From your link Canadian:

'But she's said she lost contact with her husband at some point while at the airport and jumped in the sea to try to reach the ship after seeing it in the distance as it left port because she assumed he had changed his mind and was back on board."

"Portuguese police confirmed today that Mr Brown had returned to Britain alone on Saturday night."

Lol.....From your link Canadian:

'But she's said she lost contact with her husband at some point while at the airport and jumped in the sea to try to reach the ship after seeing it in the distance as it left port because she assumed he had changed his mind and was back on board."

"Portuguese police confirmed today that Mr Brown had returned to Britain alone on Saturday night."

Obviously he didn't have a problem leaving without her...he may be in more trouble now.

The pair had cut short a 32 day tour from West Indies on day 28 - with cruise operator Cruise & Maritime Voyages offering them flights out of the Portuguese island to fly back to Bristol on Saturday evening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-swim-cruise-liner-left-port-without-her.html

Who would book a 32 day cruise with their spouse? That's just asking for trouble imo.

I would! I love being with my husband and he with me. We will be married 19 years this May and I hope it stays this way forever! Of course, not everyone can be married to Batman...

Pictured at Easter mass just MINUTES before she threw herself into the sea: British woman, 65, who swam after cruise ship which had left without her and was rescued a third of a mile from port

Susan Brown saved from water off Madeiran coast in early hours of Sunday

Believed to have chased cruise liner the Marco Polo after row with husband

Pair booked flights home but she was convinced he was back on board

When ship passed the airport she decided to make chase carrying handbag

Rescued by fishermen 1,600ft out and is now in hospital with hypothermia

Husband Michael home but has made no comment regarding the incident

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-mile-sea-clinging-HANDBAG.html#ixzz44K2XveCq

I would! I love being with my husband and he with me. We will be married 19 years this May and I hope it stays this way forever! Of course, not everyone can be married to Batman...

Same here. That would be Heaven. :)

At first we thought she had fallen from the cruise ship.'
'She just said thank god, oh thank god when we found her – she was so cold she could hardly say anything, we just wrapped her up and phoned for help.'
'It was very scary seeing this white face bobbing above the water – it reminded me of the film Titanic at the end where people were drowning.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-mile-sea-clinging-HANDBAG.html#ixzz44LDlzc6V
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

These men are hero's. She's very lucky they found her!

Well, I love my husband , of 33 years, very much. But if we were on a 32 day cruise, I am thinking one of us might have jumped in and swum to shore at some point too. We have taken some nice vacations, but 2 weeks is about tops before we start nitpicking and bickering over nothing. LOL :pillowfight:

Who would book a 32 day cruise with their spouse? That's just asking for trouble imo.

Asking for trouble? Really? My husband and I went to Italy for a month together and it was incredible. I guess we must really like one another [emoji4][emoji6]

I guess it depends on the couple. We did a 28-day cruise last year and it was wonderful. We're doing it again this year :)

There's enough space on a cruise boat, and so much going on, that you really don't have to spend that much time in your travel companion's company unless you want to.

I'm so glad they found her in time. Poor woman.

Yeah I feel a little bad calling her stupid, she has some issues. When I first read this story I had just dropped my son off at the cargo ship he works on . It is the first trip of the season so he had all his luggage and it took us almost a half hour to get it all on board with the basket they send down to the ground and then it gets lifted up and unloaded then sent back down for the next load. As were were doing this my son was running up and down the ladder they have and it makes me nervous cause its so high. Then I got home and read this story and wondered how the heck this woman would even get on the boat if she caught up to it, you can't just knock on the side and expect someone to see or hear you.

So that's my excuse lol and again I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I am usually more sensitive to mental issues as most of my family deal with them.

Imagine if they hadn't found her...she'd probably be a missing person

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Yeah I feel a little bad calling her stupid, she has some issues. When I first read this story I had just dropped my son off at the cargo ship he works on . It is the first trip of the season so he had all his luggage and it took us almost a half hour to get it all on board with the basket they send down to the ground and then it gets lifted up and unloaded then sent back down for the next load. As were were doing this my son was running up and down the ladder they have and it makes me nervous cause its so high. Then I got home and read this story and wondered how the heck this woman would even get on the boat if she caught up to it, you can't just knock on the side and expect someone to see or hear you.

So that's my excuse lol and again I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I am usually more sensitive to mental issues as most of my family deal with them.

You do have to wonder what she was thinking- beyond the frigid water, if she could even swim fast enough to catch up to the ship, would they even have spotted her and yes, how would she board???:scared:

I just have to say thank you. Thank you for recognizing and acknowledging that you made an "oops."

I'm feeling frustrated after a day of overly critical people at work and bickering on other threads. This was just refreshing. Again thank you. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back