1325 users online (239 members and 1086 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TX - Women's basketball coach fired after suspending two players for dating

Women's basketball coach fired after suspending two players for dating

Earlier this season, Prairie View A&M women's basketball coach Dawn Brown suspended two players on her team because they were dating.
    This week, the university announced Brown would not return next season.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/wo...004600544.html

This is dumb, but if Title IX clearly states that players are prohibited from having relations with each other, then the players broke the rule. No passion or emotion in this one if there is a clear rule. Abe Lincoln saw this day coming when were no longer ruled by reason and logic but instead allowed passion and emotion to sway interpretation of laws. Again, this is dumb, dumb, dumb, but if it's a rule...
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

Title IX doesn't state that the players shouldn't have relationships, it was just a team rule. This is what Title IX says:

No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

thanks - I read the linked article way too quickly and thought this "rule" was tied to Title IX. Common sense should have told me otherwise. Dumb.
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White