843 users online (125 members and 718 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Attention Walmart Shoppers!~!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9614076/

Wal-Mart introduces trendy clothes for women

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is launching its own brand of trendy clothing for women as part of an overall strategy to increase U.S. sales by getting more shopping dollars out of the millions of customers already in its stores.

The urban-style line dubbed Metro 7, designed with the help of Wal-Mart’s trend-spotting office in New York City, will be rolled out this week in 500 of the more than 3,000 Wal-Mart stores in the United States, mainly in urban areas, the company announced Thursday. The clothes should be in about 1,000 stores by spring and is being sold online at Walmart.com.

The world’s largest retailer, based in Bentonville, Ark., is not so much trying to win new customers as trying to persuade its huge existing customer base who come for staples to also buy clothes. It is part of a broader effort to revive sales and catch up with faster growing rivals like Target Corp.
    More at link
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

LOL did they finally figure out the Kathy Lee Collection wasnt trendy?

OMG Kathy Lee Gifford clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew

Lotsa flowers and polyester

Quote Originally Posted by tybee204
    LOL did they finally figure out the Kathy Lee Collection wasnt trendy?
    Are they getting rid of the Kathy Lee collection? Just curious, I have never worn her line... Just in case you wondered...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww

What cracks me up is in Vogue and some of these other "upscale" magazines, they are advertising Wallmart clothes... lol... but you can tell they are from Wallmart compared to the other designers... IMO... I have to admit, that I saw a few things in Wallmart that aren't that bad...

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew

Cass, I LOVE this sexy siggy of yours...

lol i dunno. I have never shopped for clothes at Walmart.

I have a war plan when i walk in a Walmart. Immediate left hand turn to petfood then on to toothpaste, deoderant, soap,razors and tampons. A beeline past toys and sporting goods to toilet paper, papertowels, laundry soap, dishwasher soap, bathroom cleaner and swiffer pads. Loop around electronics to the paper plate, cup, ziplock, foil, saran wrap isle then a quick turn past candy for red licorce. Buzz through self check out and back in the truck in 15 minutes.

I can't wait to wear the same dress that every other woman on my street is wearing! .........Maybe no one will notice the similarities if I accessorize with my Gucci 'inspired' scarf.

JMHO
    fran

LOL I went to a PTA meeting in Buffalo Missouri when my kids were in school and out of the 20 mothers there 5 were wearing the same blouse. It was a very small Walmart Store in Buffalo Missouri.

I have a war plan when i walk in a Walmart. Immediate left hand turn to petfood then on to toothpaste, deoderant, soap,razors and tampons. A beeline past toys and sporting goods to toilet paper, papertowels, laundry soap, dishwasher soap, bathroom cleaner and swiffer pads. Loop around electronics to the paper plate, cup, ziplock, foil, saran wrap isle then a quick turn past candy for red licorce. Buzz through self check out and back in the truck in 15 minutes.
    LOL, I have a routine, too... but I have to pass the clothes before I get to my other things and I've seen a few things that didn't look bad.. I noticed that they are aiming to improve their image...

I head straight for the fabric section to by material to make the clothes I see in other stores

(undies too)

I have a war plan when i walk in a Walmart.
    Ain't that the truth! I went in tonight with a quick game plan. Just pick up the deli platter that I ordered yesterday. (It's for a neighbor's funeral...under $30 bucks for a large and feeds 20-25 ppl, but enough about my bargain.) Anyway, I waited in line 15 minutes at the deli counter to get the platter, then waited another 20 minutes in line at the check out. Is it worth it? Well, I just fed 20-25 ppl, paid an additional $20 for potato bread, sqeeze mustard and mayonaise, spent a total of whatever...yeah, it's worth it.

Times are hard.

We must make all the same turns only in different stores
    By the way, what is a "self check out?" I've never heard of such a thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast