Attention Walmart Shoppers!~!

tybee204

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9614076/

Wal-Mart introduces trendy clothes for women

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is launching its own brand of trendy clothing for women as part of an overall strategy to increase U.S. sales by getting more shopping dollars out of the millions of customers already in its stores.

The urban-style line dubbed Metro 7, designed with the help of Wal-Mart’s trend-spotting office in New York City, will be rolled out this week in 500 of the more than 3,000 Wal-Mart stores in the United States, mainly in urban areas, the company announced Thursday. The clothes should be in about 1,000 stores by spring and is being sold online at Walmart.com.

The world’s largest retailer, based in Bentonville, Ark., is not so much trying to win new customers as trying to persuade its huge existing customer base who come for staples to also buy clothes. It is part of a broader effort to revive sales and catch up with faster growing rivals like Target Corp.
More at link

LOL did they finally figure out the Kathy Lee Collection wasnt trendy?

tybee204 said:
Are they getting rid of the Kathy Lee collection? Just curious, I have never worn her line...:eek: Just in case you wondered...:rolleyes: :D

What cracks me up is in Vogue and some of these other "upscale" magazines, they are advertising Wallmart clothes... lol... but you can tell they are from Wallmart compared to the other designers... IMO... I have to admit, that I saw a few things in Wallmart that aren't that bad...:hand:

lol i dunno. I have never shopped for clothes at Walmart.

I have a war plan when i walk in a Walmart. Immediate left hand turn to petfood then on to toothpaste, deoderant, soap,razors and tampons. A beeline past toys and sporting goods to toilet paper, papertowels, laundry soap, dishwasher soap, bathroom cleaner and swiffer pads. Loop around electronics to the paper plate, cup, ziplock, foil, saran wrap isle then a quick turn past candy for red licorce. Buzz through self check out and back in the truck in 15 minutes.

I can't wait to wear the same dress that every other woman on my street is wearing! :rolleyes: .........Maybe no one will notice the similarities if I accessorize with my Gucci 'inspired' scarf. :snooty:

JMHO
fran

LOL I went to a PTA meeting in Buffalo Missouri when my kids were in school and out of the 20 mothers there 5 were wearing the same blouse. It was a very small Walmart Store in Buffalo Missouri.

tybee204 said:

I have a war plan when i walk in a Walmart. Immediate left hand turn to petfood then on to toothpaste, deoderant, soap,razors and tampons. A beeline past toys and sporting goods to toilet paper, papertowels, laundry soap, dishwasher soap, bathroom cleaner and swiffer pads. Loop around electronics to the paper plate, cup, ziplock, foil, saran wrap isle then a quick turn past candy for red licorce. Buzz through self check out and back in the truck in 15 minutes.

LOL, I have a routine, too... but I have to pass the clothes before I get to my other things and I've seen a few things that didn't look bad.. I noticed that they are aiming to improve their image...

I head straight for the fabric section to by material to make the clothes I see in other stores :)

(undies too) :slap:

tybee204 said:
I have a war plan when i walk in a Walmart.

Ain't that the truth! I went in tonight with a quick game plan. Just pick up the deli platter that I ordered yesterday. (It's for a neighbor's funeral...under $30 bucks for a large and feeds 20-25 ppl, but enough about my bargain.) Anyway, I waited in line 15 minutes at the deli counter to get the platter, then waited another 20 minutes in line at the check out. Is it worth it? Well, I just fed 20-25 ppl, paid an additional $20 for potato bread, sqeeze mustard and mayonaise, spent a total of whatever...yeah, it's worth it.

Times are hard.

tybee204 said:

We must make all the same turns only in different stores :D
By the way, what is a "self check out?" I've never heard of such a thing.

Walmart has some cute blouses and capri pants along with name brand things such as Levi jeans. Not such fancy things, but inexpensive clothing to just wear around my small town since I don't work and just replace the blouses the next season anyway. I hope that the new designer lablels are affordable since my gasoline budget has doubled and last month my electric/water bill went up by $125. My daughter would have died before wearing any garment from Walmart when in school, but is now married with kids and shops at good old Walmart for clothing quite a bit.

Bobbisangel said:
We must make all the same turns only in different stores :D
By the way, what is a "self check out?" I've never heard of such a thing.

Self checkout is great. You scan your items , bag them then run your debit/credit card and poof you are out of there. There usually there isnt a line because its debit/credit only and I dont think you can purchase alcohol or tobacco. There is usually 1 employee that oversees 4 self checkout machines for shoplifting etc.

We have them at Walmart, Kroger and even Home Depot.

txsvicki said:
Walmart has some cute blouses and capri pants along with name brand things such as Levi jeans. Not such fancy things, but inexpensive clothing to just wear around my small town since I don't work and just replace the blouses the next season anyway. I hope that the new designer lablels are affordable since my gasoline budget has doubled and last month my electric/water bill went up by $125. My daughter would have died before wearing any garment from Walmart when in school, but is now married with kids and shops at good old Walmart for clothing quite a bit.
I admit to a routine also. Living in a small town with only an ALCO discount store (with junky clothes) and one department store (very small), we go 30 miles to square dance every other week. There is the Walmart. I do the routine also, with pet foods, paper products, electronics and grocery items I can't get here. I will admit to buying some Walmart clothes. The days are gone living in Miami and shopping for outfits at Macy's and Lord & Taylor that cost over $100 each. I don't have to dress up for work here, jeans or slacks and tops are fine in this farming community. (Dress up and everyone wonders who's funeral they missed hearing about) So, I have bought summer capri's and cotton tops. I even buy White Stag long sleeve cotton knit tees to go under sweaters and jackets for winter. They don't last forever, but I do get good wear from them. Living on a farm, it's easy to get dirty and stain some clothes, so if they're cheap, I don't mind as much.

So there's a market for everyone.

tybee204 said:
Self checkout is great. You scan your items , bag them then run your debit/credit card and poof you are out of there. There usually there isnt a line because its debit/credit only and I dont think you can purchase alcohol or tobacco. There is usually 1 employee that oversees 4 self checkout machines for shoplifting etc.

We have them at Walmart, Kroger and even Home Depot.

I have NEVER had any luck with those dang self checkout machines. It NEVER fails - something goes wrong and there is NO ONE to be found to help. Either the item doesn't weigh enough so the machine beeps because it doesn't think you put it in the bag, or the stuff doesn't scan. I HATE those things!! I refuse to use them and will stand there until someone opens up a lane!!

Glad they work for you - I think the concept is good, just needs some improvement around my area.

tybee204 said:

ROFL!!! :loser: :loser: :loser: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back