GUILTY Egypt - EgyptAir Flight 181 from Cairo to Alexandria hijacked, 29 March 2016

Thank You. I was just getting ready to post this. Have been watching various news feeds. It seems like this guy will eventually release everyone unharmed. I hope so anyway.

Thank You. I was just getting ready to post this. Have been watching various news feeds. It seems like this guy will eventually release everyone unharmed. I hope so anyway.

Indeed. This does not now look like a terrorist incident, except in the sense that any hijacking may be thought of as one. It seems this may be about the hijacker's Cypriot ex-wife, hence demanding asylum on the island.

It appears that this flight was from Alexandria to Cairo, not the other way round. Some early reports and maps indicated it originated in Cairo.

And it's been reported that the hijacker holds a PhD from a US university and is a medical student in Atlanta.

Somehow I doubt this chap will be finishing his medical degree in the US.

Current reports:

1. The hijacker originally wanted to go to Istanbul, which the pilot refused on grounds of insufficient fuel, hence landing in Cyprus.

2. He has been named as 40 year old Ibrahim Samaha, a US-Egyptian national and a professor of veterinary medicine at Alexandria University. (Source - @raychdigitalink and The Guardian)
[h=2][/h]

The main thing that worries me is that he let every one go except the crew and 4 'foreigners.' That concerns me.

And the hijacker probably isn't Ibrahim Samaha either, as he has issued a statement at Larnaca saying he is one of the released passengers. (The Guardian feed)

Looks like he will get to finish that medical degree after all.

And the hijacker probably isn't Ibrahim Samaha either, as he has issued a statement at Larnaca saying he is one of the released passengers. (The Guardian feed)

Looks like he will get to finish that medical degree after all.

WOW. I wonder how he pulled that off? He must have taken that passengers ID maybe? And then used it to identify himself during the negotiations? He may be smarter than we think.

He's not the Messiah ......

Haha, love that film!

Lots of inconsistencies and confusion - initial reports say the hijacker wanted to go to Istanbul / Turkey but now they say his ex-wife is in Cyprus and that's why they landed there. Seems they were carrying a LOT of extra fuel.

There may be 7 extra people still on board.

Fingers crossed this ends well.

And it's all over. The hijacker, an Egyptian army officer, has been arrested.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back