964 users online (131 members and 833 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1589
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18
    I may be corrected, but I believe a person can do a name change with no reason given, I have no idea how detailed or the length of the process.

    ETA: here's the Wiki how-to, I dont have time to read it at this moment, I may be incorrect.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Change-Your-Name-in-Texas
    Last edited by taurusgal; 03-29-2016 at 05:13 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Yes, you'd think there's be a better paper trail behind these name changes. I still can't quite believe it is/was so easy to change your ID. Rock up with a random birth certificate and get a new identity? No probs! Surely it must have been more complex that that, there must have been paperwork or other proof?
    Hmmm. I don't know about that. A few years before LEK got BST's birth certificate my husband needed his for some reason. He couldn't find the original and so his mother called the hospital and requested a copy (he was working that day). She got it and I'm not sure what she had to provide, if anything. Perhaps his birthdate, and name obviously, but as far as ID goes, all he had was his drivers license which was with him at work. This was approx. 1985. And when I started working in the early 80's, it was no big deal to have your health insurance ID number be your SS number!

    It seems personal info was given out a lot more freely before everything got connected on the internet.

    So perhaps it really was quite easy for her. If someone got suspicious while she was on the phone she could easily just hang up. She could have always called from a pay phone if tracing a phone number was easy back then, IDK. Lol, my age is showing big time.

    Edit: Sorry, I'm replying like you were inquiring about the birth cert. But I still think that once you have that birth certificate and an ID or driver's license, it's probably all the proof you need to prove you are who you say you are. I don't know what type of reasons there are to change your name or if you need any.
    Last edited by PickAName; 03-29-2016 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    359
    This is the actual court order. Some form of testimony was given and certain "facts" alleged and proven.name change.jpg

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    5,904
    Quote Originally Posted by milkymama View Post
    This is the actual court order. Some form of testimony was given and certain "facts" alleged and proven.name change.jpg
    Thanks for this. It's the Idaho ID application I'm interested in, I guess there's no trace of that? Surely she must have needed more than a random birth certificate to get a state ID card, otherwise it would be a common method for teens to get hold of "older" ID?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Thanks for this. It's the Idaho ID application I'm interested in, I guess there's no trace of that? Surely she must have needed more than a random birth certificate to get a state ID card, otherwise it would be a common method for teens to get hold of "older" ID?
    Here is a link containing Idaho laws on Id cards. It documents changes to the law over time. https://archive.org/stream/govlawidc...00849_djvu.txt. it appears she would have just needed a birth certificate and something from social security stating she has no ssn. Or if she did have one, proof of it. I think. I'm looking at a tiny screen.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by milkymama View Post
    This is the actual court order. Some form of testimony was given and certain "facts" alleged and proven.name change.jpg
    This makes me wonder how the Howder son in Prosper changed his ID... And WHEN. I still think there could be a connection to them.
    Can anyone find that info out??




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822
    As far as ID cards, I actually got one made at the DMV with my pic and a older friends info on it. I went to the clerk of court and requested " my" birth certificate ( hers). I even spelled some stuff wrong and still got it. I used that to go get the ID card ( she had a DUI so I didn't want a suspended license .. And off to the bars I went. I was never questioned because it was a " real" ID. It was VERY easy. They made it there on the spot and I took it home. I did not get it in my hometown, I went one town over to play it safe.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822
    I wonder if the Ponder Howder has an Idaho ID


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    5,904
    Is that from today, Linda? And who is TB?


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822
    Yes. The neighbor


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    5,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    Yes. The neighbor


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The original PI dude? This must mean something's breaking, yes? First DA with his news leak, now Velling. Or is Velling just basing his knowledge on what DA said?

    Whichever, I wish someone would hurry up and tell us!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    Yes. The neighbor


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome stuff, Linda!!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    262
    wow close, hummmmm,Linda what do you think of it.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822
    Who knows


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5
    By sillybilly in forum Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas
    Replies: 2340
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 09:49 PM
  2. TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3
    By KateB in forum Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas
    Replies: 1384
    Last Post: 03-29-2016, 12:57 PM
  3. General Discussion and Theories #4
    By bessie in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 891
    Last Post: 11-10-2015, 06:45 PM
  4. TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2
    By Fin in forum Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas
    Replies: 1021
    Last Post: 08-09-2015, 12:20 PM
  5. TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1
    By Fin in forum Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas
    Replies: 1147
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 03:20 PM

Tags for this Thread