964 users online (131 members and 833 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    I may be corrected, but I believe a person can do a name change with no reason given, I have no idea how detailed or the length of the process.

ETA: here's the Wiki how-to, I dont have time to read it at this moment, I may be incorrect.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Change-Your-Name-in-Texas
    Last edited by taurusgal; 03-29-2016 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Yes, you'd think there's be a better paper trail behind these name changes. I still can't quite believe it is/was so easy to change your ID. Rock up with a random birth certificate and get a new identity? No probs! Surely it must have been more complex that that, there must have been paperwork or other proof?
    Hmmm. I don't know about that. A few years before LEK got BST's birth certificate my husband needed his for some reason. He couldn't find the original and so his mother called the hospital and requested a copy (he was working that day). She got it and I'm not sure what she had to provide, if anything. Perhaps his birthdate, and name obviously, but as far as ID goes, all he had was his drivers license which was with him at work. This was approx. 1985. And when I started working in the early 80's, it was no big deal to have your health insurance ID number be your SS number!

It seems personal info was given out a lot more freely before everything got connected on the internet.

So perhaps it really was quite easy for her. If someone got suspicious while she was on the phone she could easily just hang up. She could have always called from a pay phone if tracing a phone number was easy back then, IDK. Lol, my age is showing big time.

Edit: Sorry, I'm replying like you were inquiring about the birth cert. But I still think that once you have that birth certificate and an ID or driver's license, it's probably all the proof you need to prove you are who you say you are. I don't know what type of reasons there are to change your name or if you need any.
    Last edited by PickAName; 03-29-2016 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph

This is the actual court order. Some form of testimony was given and certain "facts" alleged and proven.name change.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by milkymama View Post
    This is the actual court order. Some form of testimony was given and certain "facts" alleged and proven.name change.jpg
    Thanks for this. It's the Idaho ID application I'm interested in, I guess there's no trace of that? Surely she must have needed more than a random birth certificate to get a state ID card, otherwise it would be a common method for teens to get hold of "older" ID?

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Thanks for this. It's the Idaho ID application I'm interested in, I guess there's no trace of that? Surely she must have needed more than a random birth certificate to get a state ID card, otherwise it would be a common method for teens to get hold of "older" ID?
    Here is a link containing Idaho laws on Id cards. It documents changes to the law over time. https://archive.org/stream/govlawidc...00849_djvu.txt. it appears she would have just needed a birth certificate and something from social security stating she has no ssn. Or if she did have one, proof of it. I think. I'm looking at a tiny screen.

Quote Originally Posted by milkymama View Post
    This makes me wonder how the Howder son in Prosper changed his ID... And WHEN. I still think there could be a connection to them.
    Can anyone find that info out??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as ID cards, I actually got one made at the DMV with my pic and a older friends info on it. I went to the clerk of court and requested " my" birth certificate ( hers). I even spelled some stuff wrong and still got it. I used that to go get the ID card ( she had a DUI so I didn't want a suspended license .. And off to the bars I went. I was never questioned because it was a " real" ID. It was VERY easy. They made it there on the spot and I took it home. I did not get it in my hometown, I went one town over to play it safe.

I wonder if the Ponder Howder has an Idaho ID

Is that from today, Linda? And who is TB?

Yes. The neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    Yes. The neighbor

The original PI dude? This must mean something's breaking, yes? First DA with his news leak, now Velling. Or is Velling just basing his knowledge on what DA said?

Whichever, I wish someone would hurry up and tell us!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    Yes. The neighbor

Awesome stuff, Linda!!

wow close, hummmmm,Linda what do you think of it.

Who knows

Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast