Oscar-winning actress, Patty Duke, dead at 69

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Mar 29 2016, 12:55 pm ET

Oscar-Winning Actress Patty Duke Is Dead at 69

by Corky Siemaszko

Oscar-winning actress Patty Duke, who hit the trifecta of stardom with her turns on the big and small screens, is dead, her manager confirmed. She was 69.

The Queens-born daughter of a troubled cashier and alcoholic cab driver, Duke overcame a dark childhood to become one of the Hollywood's most respected actresses and president of the Screen Actors Guild from 1985 to 1988...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oscar-winning-actress-patty-duke-dead-69-n547326

Very sorry to hear this. She was a wonderful actress who I enjoyed watching thru the years.

What caused a ruptured intestine?

Too young to be gone. RIP.

Today (Wednesday) at 5:00PM on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries:

Falling In Love With the Girl Next Door (2006)

Mark Lucas and Theresa Connolly fall in love but their overbearing mothers ruin their wedding plans and possibly their future together.

Starring Patty Duke, Shelley Long

RIP Anna Marie (Patty). She was a real advocate for mental health issues and a wonderful actress! You will be missed.

Very sorry to hear this. She was a wonderful actress who I enjoyed watching thru the years.

What caused a ruptured intestine?

Too young to be gone. RIP.

I had a relative who died of sepsis due to a perforated (ruptured) intestine. He had had a colonoscopy about two weeks prior and apparently they punctured the intestine during the procedure.

Other causes could be from an unknown cancerous lesion that destroyed the intestinal wall. Or maybe a person who had some sort of a recent intestinal surgery and something didn't heal properly.

RIP Patty I never missed an episode of the Patty Duke show!

--------------------------------------------------------

"COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho -
As we prepare to celebrate Patty's Duke's life, her family is speaking out about what killed her. Her husband is sharing their painful story in hopes that it will save lives.

"It's the silent killer that no one knows about," Michael Pearce said in and interview with KHQ's Liz Burch.

On Easter Sunday, Pearce and his wife Anna were out shopping and making baskets for their grandkids. Just two days later, she passed away.

"Absolutely no warning. I want people to know it came out as sepsis," Pearce said, going on to say, "What happened with Anna was a small tumor ruptured slightly, and the poisons leaked into her body."

Doctors with the Spokane Regional Health District says sepsis is an infection in your blood. Once the infection is in your blood, it can move to other areas of your body. Some symptoms to watch out for are fever, discoloration, and heat around wound. If you have those symptoms--head to see a doctor immediately."

http://www.khq.com/story/31651923/patty-dukes-husband-calls-sepsis-a-silent-killer

I loved everything she did and respected her work as an advocate for mental illness, including being so open and honest about her own.

My favorite performance was her Neely O'Hara in Valley of the Dolls. She makes the movie worth watching. She was amazing.

RIP Patty.

I loved everything she did and respected her work as an advocate for mental illness, including being so open and honest about her own.

My favorite performance was her Neely O'Hara in Valley of the Dolls. She makes the movie worth watching. She was amazing.

RIP Patty.

I wish Valley of the Dolls was on TV more frequently. The ladies' room scene with Patty Duke and Susan Hayward as young starlet and fading star is a knockout!

What's truly remarkable about Patty Duke's performance in Valley of the Dolls is that it was made shortly after The Patty Duke Show ended its run. Patty went from playing the perky teenage twins to the very sophisticated role of an up and coming Broadway performer. The contrast in characters clearly shows the breadth of Patty Duke's acting ability.

^ DH found out that Valley of the Dolls (DVD) is available for "free" rental from our local library, so he reserved it. He picked it up on his way home yesterday so we watched it last night. We will likely watch the film a few more times before it's due back at the library in a week. Patty Duke was amazing in Valley of the Dolls. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back