MO - Jocelyn Peters, 30, pregnant, found murdered, St Louis, 24 Mar 2016

colette

Reaction score
Jocelyn Peters 30, was 7 months pregnant with a baby girl who died as well. She was a much loved 3rd grade teacher at Horace Mann Elementary in south St. Louis. Her boyfriend was Cornelius Green, the principal at Carr Lane Visual and Performing Arts Middle School.
Police said her boyfriend found Peters unconscious in her bed about 3:15 p.m. Thursday. She had suffered a gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at the scene. No murder weapon was at the scene, no arrests or suspects have been identified.

http://fox2now.com/2016/03/28/grief-counselors-at-mann-elementary-after-pregnant-teacher-found-dead/

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_160f053b-f498-5465-9f37-de9ba853e766.html

No updates on this case? I can't find anything. Why isn't this getting more press?

I just saw this thread....thanks for posting it Colette.

This is so sad.....Ms. Peters sounds like a terrific & giving teacher. Who in this world wanted to kill her & her unborn baby girl? I hope they find the perp ASAP.

A pregnant St. Louis teacher gunned down in her home was killed by her boyfriend’s childhood friend, prosecutors said Thursday.

The unborn baby’s father found 30-year-old Jocelyn Peters, who was seven months pregnant, slain in her Central West End apartment in March, according to court documents obtained by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

His friend, Phillip Cutler of Muskogee, Okla., now faces two counts of both first-degree murder and armed criminal action in the third-grade teacher’s death. The boyfriend, a staff member of St. Louis Public Schools, has not been charged in the March 24 killing

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/friend-slain-st-louis-teacher-boyfriend-charged-murder-article-1.2669326

Another Teresa Seivers???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Another Teresa Seivers???

ETA: Can't find enough info to really even make a guess. Regardless, it is a very sad situation. It appears she was very loved.

When are they going to arrest Cornelius Green, hmmm?

From KayElJay's NYdaily news link above:

Investigators said Peters’ boyfriend went to Chicago for spring break the week she was killed and left his keys, which included keys to Peters’ apartment, in his car so Cutler could use the car.

Childhood friend to do the murder... check.
Go out of town for an alibi... check.
Looking like another Teresa Seivers... yep.

You think a school principal would know how not to make a baby in the first place.

Sounds like a script for how to commit the most unperfect murder ever.

OMG, he had his own child killed. :(

That was the point, he didn't want the child or to pay child support... IMO He did not want Jocelyn to deliver that baby and she was getting closer. 7 mos pregnant.

Is CG on the (1) down-low, (2) too dumb to just terminate his parental rights after the birth of the child or (3) unable to use a condom properly? I hope PC spills the beans about CG's involvement. I don't think this Okie from Muskogee just randomly decided to visit his friend while the latter was out of town in Chicago.

Is CG on the (1) down-low, (2) too dumb to just terminate his parental rights after the birth of the child or (3) unable to use a condom properly? I hope PC spills the beans about CG's involvement. I don't think this Okie from Muskogee just randomly decided to visit his friend while the latter was out of town in Chicago.

Agree. A bio-dad who wants to avoid paying child support may think voluntary termination of his parental rights would do this, but.
per http://family-law.freeadvice.com/fa...y/voluntarily-terminating-parental-rights.htm one bio-parent cannot simply decide to VT/PR, even if the other parent agrees & both sign doc. Per link, IIUC, requires judicial proceeding in any state.

Sometimes a bio-dad decides on another course of action to avoid paying CS (not saying this dad did decide on other action). Sad, sad.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Text from link (w my bolding):
Termination of parental rights may be voluntary or involuntary. Voluntary termination of parental rights is difficult except under certain circumstances.... every state has a statute that permits the termination of the parent child relationship either voluntarily or involuntarily. Involuntary termination usually stems from misconduct by one parent. Surprisingly, voluntary termination of parental rights tends to be even more difficult to accomplish than involuntary termination.
Requirements for Voluntary Termination of Parental Rights Most state laws will require the consent of both the custodial parent and the parent whose parental rights are to be terminated. Atty... can assist the parties in drafting a consent agreement.... Once a petition is filed, the court may appoint...a “friend of the court”, to represent the child’s interest... The agreement of both parents that the termination of parental rights is in the best interest of the child will not guarantee the termination. The courts must also make a finding of “good cause” for the termination.

Before a court will grant a voluntary termination, they want to know why the parent is requesting termination... terminate only if there is “good cause” to approve the request. Two common situations that often lead to requests ...: (1) a parent who wishes to terminate his/her child support or financial obligation for the child; and (2) a parent who desires to have the other parent completely out of their life. Neither ground is generally sufficient alone to constitute “good cause” and will not typically be approved....

Consequences of Voluntary Termination of Rights When a court approves a termination of parental rights, the parent-child relationship is completely extinguished and all the rights and responsibilities of parenthood are terminated. This means the ex-parent no longer has an obligation to provide care or financial support. They also forfeit any right to have input regarding the child’s education, religion, place of residence or other child rearing decisions. Generally, a person whose parental rights have been terminated also loses custody or visitation rights with the child....

Read more: http://family-law.freeadvice.com/fa...terminating-parental-rights.htm#ixzz4BP2nExRx
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

From KayElJay's NYdaily news link above:

Investigators said Peters’ boyfriend went to Chicago for spring break the week she was killed and left his keys, which included keys to Peters’ apartment, in his car so Cutler could use the car.

Childhood friend to do the murder... check.
Go out of town for an alibi... check.
Looking like another Teresa Seivers... yep.

You think a school principal would know how not to make a baby in the first place.

BBM

I'm sorry, this is SO not funny. But....

I hope he fries.

Killing both her and his OWN child. IMO of course and MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth