1132 users online (189 members and 943 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Robbers Locked In Basement After Being Tricked By Mom, Pickaway County, 2005

A young mother's quick thinking helped save her and eight children from robbers who invaded their home, NewsChannel5 partner ONN reported.

Police said Franchetta Baldwin was held at gunpoint by three armed robbers Wednesday at her Pickaway County home. The robbers are accused of beating Baldwin with their pistols, breaking several bones in her face.

One man was caught by police trying to flee the house and two others were locked in the basement after Baldwin tricked them into going there.

"They just wanted out of there, without going to jail. I was like, there's a door that leads out back, but it doesn't, it leads out front to where the cops are. I didn't think they'd actually go there at the same time. When they did, I ran and slammed it shut." Baldwin said.

Derrick Harris, Brandon Henry and Eric Groce appeared in a video arraignment before the judge facing charges of burglary, felonious assault and kidnapping.

According to detectives, the men attempted to rob the home where Baldwin was staying with eight other children. http://www.newsnet5.com/news/5065857/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

that is AWESOME! ......... GOOD JOB GIRLFRIEND!!!